• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

TITANIC - THE JACK EDIT created by the cbb group

boon23 said:
yep, we were looking for a long time for a fitting score to TITANIC to replace some of the existing score (near far, wherever you... *vomit*) and Chronicles of Narnia is just perfect... one wouldn't think so.

new found glory's cover of this song takes almost all of the vomit out. quite funny

release date is: VERY SOON. I just need to fix some menus and then it needs to be testscreened again as a DVD.

first Rapidshare, then torrent (hoping for additional seeders that way)

Nice trailer! Can't wait to see this one. The movie definitely needed a chromosonal adjustment.

Can't wait....

Meanwhile, anyone got a password for ADIGITALMANs Titanic White Star Line edit???
FRANTHEMAN

ps..

will soon post
my own fan edits including

ORIGINAL ENDING FATAL ATTRACTION plus puccini score
REBUILD of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS with MOSt deleted scenes, color timed 150 min
UNBREAKABLE plus deleted and music added
Mutiny on the Bounty plus Intro and Coda
Alternate complete ALIEN
SUPERMAN the origanal FULL movie NOT 1 or 2 redone (almost)
BODY HEAT with deleted scenes and added John Barry restoring double murder attempt

to name but a few...

meanwhile and ps... aha.
you have a pm.

this project is finished.

here is the info:
******************FANEDIT.ORG proudly presents***************************
************************A fanedit by CBB*********************************
**********************TITANIC -THE JACK EDIT*****************************

**************************INTRODUCTION***********************************
Titanic is the most successful movie of all time (currently). It is about one of the worst catastrophies that ever happened, it is about human arrogance and the cruelty of nature. And it is a about a love that was not supposed to happen. The reactions when you talk to people about this movie are pretty interesting. Most women love it, most men hate it. The reason for that is the first 90 minutes of the movie, which are about the treasure hunt nowadays and old Rose's memories of her life on the Titanic, featuring a long and detailed story about the rich and beautiful, yet so unhappy first class people on this ship. When the iceberg finally arrived and the drama was about to start, it was all too late already: men were annoyed or sleeping. But this drama was really well filmed. The entire movie is really well played and there is so much atmosphere in it, that it would be a waste if men could never enjoy this at all. Therefore this one needed a fanedit and hopefully it can do what the original couldn't: entertain men.

***************************THE EDIT**************************************
This fanedit is supposed to change the perspective of the movie and it does so by focusing on Jack, the couragous young man, who won a ticket on the Titanic as a 3rd class passenger, only to find the love of his life, which he was willing to risk everything for. To change perspective we took out all references to old Rose, all her voiceovers, all the treasure hunting for the necklace and most of all: all that happens to Rose until Jack and her are a couple. Sicne our edit focuses solely on Jack, there also isn't much about the Titanic. No machien room, no captain's discussions, no crew talk. All of these are great scenes, but they just didn't fit to our movie. We included 9 of the deleted scenes, which add more character to Jack and also some more adventurous events. Now this is a dramatic love story about a true hero on the Titianic, about his struggle to survive. Nothing more and nothing less. It is a completely different watching experience and we really tried to take care, so nothing important is missing.
***************************DVD DETAILS************************************
121 minutes NTSC 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with AC3-5.1 audio and a vbr of 4.000KB/s using a 3 pass encoding with CCE.
LANGUAGE : ENGLISH
SUBTITLES : ENGLISH
MENUS : most are animated with sound
SCENE SELECTION : yes
TRAILER, TEASER : yes
COMMENTARY : yes, a 2-minutes piece
CBB OVERVIEW : yes, for all 20 fanedits
COVER&Disc ART : yes, on DVD-Rom part

Boon
Don't you think since TITANIC is the most successful movie of all times, that it reached a large audience of men, women, young and old?
It doesn't fit with your theory that most men hated it.

But I'm sure you're right.
I just want to confirm the data of the research.
Were did you get this data?
Who conducted this poll?
What was the size of the survey polled?
What was the percentage of reduction for sampling error?
Was Non-response bias calculated over the actual sample group?
Were effective controls used by attitude researchers?

I'm sure that this can all be cleared up and your point indeed will prove to be right.
Personally, I liked the love story.

did you like the entire movie too?

anyway... since there are not enough women on this planet to grant the success of Titanic(and of course none of these would dare to watch it twice or more times), I have to give you that one. It must be all made up. ;-)
Men love Titanic as certain as the first moonlanding was not filmed in a studio.

If your poll range was just...........me....then we can back up your findings somewhat :) . I couldn?t stand Titanic until the iceberg turns up and tips its hat. Then I really started to enjoy it. Of course the effects are amazing, as is the attention to details, but the love story........bah!

If someone could make an edit of this with zombies, I'd be all over it :D .

Zombies on the sinking Titanic... looks like a good idea for a troma film :)

LOL! Now that's a Titanic I'd watch, Beckmen!

boon23 said:
Men love Titanic as certain as the first moonlanding was not filmed in a studio.

I've always been a special effects freak. If you watch Space 1999 pilot, the moonwalking was really good, better than any other fake, but you could still tell it was wires & slow-motion. They just didn't have the tech to fake moonwalking, then. The NASA moonwalking was shot on the moon. So there. :p

But, yeah, I think Titanic could use a little testosteronification. Looking forward to this.

(
I'm very new to the world of fan edit.

I have a lot to say about this world , look for a post about that later on.
)

This Jack Edit version of James Cameron's Titanic is in my view a work of art.

Thank you for those 2h of Fan-Made entertainement, i really enjoyed it.

I have to agree great edit and now it's a watchable movie. Although my only complaint would be Leo's King of the World line. A great job done by the CBB group.

personaly that lines disturbs me also.
BUT
it's not the line itself , it's the way it was acted.

it's like:

" I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD "

whereas it may have passed a completely different feeling if the line was simply said or mumured

" I ... am the king of the world "

meaning Jack realises something about himself and says it outloud , instead of shouting it like a challenge ..

(my two cents on that scene well writen but badly rendered - acting or director's wish)

I like that line a lot. It is a young man, who feels so lucky an dhappy and overexcited. I think it's good and adds to the story, but this of course just a matter of taste guys. I think the only bad thing about the "I am the king of the world" line is that we have all heard it too often, that James cameron said it, when he held the oscar. This takes away from the feeling the scene originally had.
Still I am really happy you enjoyed the edit. :)

Back
Top Bottom