• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Titanic (3D 100th Anniversary)

Neglify said:

:lol:

And out of the extremely limited amount of Cameron movies I have seen (idk why I haven't seen more of his movies) T2 was my favorite. I haven't seen much of The Abyss though, but I know that critically T2 was rated a fair amount higher.

Pretty much every Cameron movie ranges from great to amazing.

Is that Abyss movie worthwhile to see? Its the only Cameron movie i haven't seen, and i never bothered to learn even what it is about.

g1orkatsos said:
Is that Abyss movie worthwhile to see? Its the only Cameron movie i haven't seen, and i never bothered to learn even what it is about.

Definitely worth it, but be sure to watch the special edition. Much much better than the theatrical cut.

Well I disagree with you TomH1138. And I think I already told my arguments about it.
Titanic totaly assume the fact that the audience knows or suppose to know everything about the ending and takes advantage of it. It's very clever. It's very suspensfull and "The Terminator" is far superior to that "Terminator 2: pussy of movie" where everyone think they can change the future by harmlessly shooting people when it was so much cooler that you just can't in the end of the first one. ;)

I like Terminator 2 a lot, just kidding. But I do think the first is better.

g1orkatsos said:

In a word: Indubitably

g1orkatsos said:

Wait for the bluray, because the offical DVD is letterboxed.

TMBTM said:
Wait for the bluray, because the offical DVD is letterboxed.

Yeah... but who knows when that will be?

geffyB said:
Saw it last night. I hated the 3D though. 3D added absolutely nothing, and worse made you aware of a few shots with really botched focus pulling. Certain effect shots were far more obvious when out of focus stuff was in the foreground. Though a couple of things were fixed, such as the objects the people fall into on deck near the end no longer appear to be made of padding.

It took 60 weeks and $18 million to convert Titanic to 3D. I wish Hollywood would just stop already. But they wont, there are too many consumers trying to outdo there family, friends, co-workers, neighbors etc who will buy into this crap. I wonder how many of these people are unwittingly buying up last years cheaper 3D TV's from Walmart etc just to impress someone? And the more consumers lap this crap up, the more Hollywood is going to keep pushing and overcharging.

I want 3D to stop. I hate it! I hate it! :oops:

I loved Titanic back in the day and remember getting the video for my birthday. Loved it on repeated viewings, despite knowing what happened at the end. Lol.

My preferred way of watching Titanic is The Jack Edit now. If any of you Titanic fans haven't seen CBB's edit, do so, it's excellent.

Q2 said:
Yeah... but who knows when that will be?
I thought that was just the vanilla edition? Sure the deluxe one is anamorphic?

^Nope, there is no anamorphic DVD of The Abyss.

g1orkatsos, if it were me I'd watch it now. Screw waiting until the Blu is released "some day". :)

Uncanny Antman said:
^Nope, there is no anamorphic DVD of The Abyss.

g1orkatsos, if it were me I'd watch it now. Screw waiting until the Blu is released "some day". :)

Well, I said that because I heard True Lies and The Abyss should be out in Bluray this year. But of course nothing is official yet, so...

Don't get me wrong, TM. I absolutely can't wait for the Blu-rays of both films, and if they had a date I'd agree with you about waiting.

...then again, he's waited thirteen years already, what's one more? :)

I stand corrected.

elbarto1 said:
Its the best looking version but still looks like crap.
I'll stick with my self-made anamorphic copy for now then. ...Why do I get the feeling that's all the Chinese version is? (Anamorphic copy literally made from the US non-anamorphic DVD.) :)

I'd be willing to bet thats exactly what it is.

I bet they could have saved the millions for conversion, just released it as 2D and still made a load of money

Sunarep said:
I bet they could have saved the millions for conversion, just released it as 2D and still made a load of money

I definitely think so. Half the row of girls in front of me pushed there glasses back on top of there head part way threw the film. Definitely thought that it hurt rather than helped.

The worst part for the audience was the fade to white in the end of the film. After watching a 3D film for 3 hours staring at a white screen is not pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom