• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Titanic (1997) - The Extended Voyage

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another extended cut of Titanic? Didn't Q2 already perfect it like 10 years ago?

Upon watching Titanic for the first time in years, and watching the deleted scenes, and looking at what I thought I could do with the film, I figured it could use my special touch.

There's a whole bunch of deleted scenes, and a lot of potential, so I had a go at it. I wanted to make sure this was something different and worthwhile.

Looking at the Blu-Ray and the remastered colour-grade, and comparing it to how it looked in cinemas and I felt that I could do some work to my own personal taste and according to a 35mm print, to try and make it look a little more appealing to the eye. After a bit of work, scene by scene and shot to shot, I ended up with something I was happy with. It mostly entailed taking out a lot of the green and yellow tones, bringing it back to something more red or neutral.

AhiOYTo4ZK.webp

AErYCpXp3X.webp

GOhM5CpPUP.webp

After doing that for a few weeks, I looked at the deleted scenes, and if they needed anything different done to them that Q2 hadn't done to them. Some scenes did need to be arranged differently, swapping around their positions. There was also a strange cut that happened in some scenes, where it switched from the deleted to theatrical material that happens within the raw deleted scenes off the Blu-Ray, so I ended up cutting around this, trying to make it all seamless. The colour-correction in Q2's edit also left a bit to be desired as the colour in the deleted scenes seemed to match up more with the DVD than the Blu-Ray, and since I was doing my own grade for the feature, I was able to grade these scenes from scratch to match.

titanic-extended-01-20-26-18-Still071.png

titanic-extended-01-20-26-18-Still072.png

I'm still experimenting with some placements and referring to the script, but this is what it looks like at the moment

- added Rose talking to her maid about the ship, and Cal awkwardly trying to be romantic
- added Rose having a breakdown in her room, before trying to jump off the ship into the sea (my favourite deleted scene of all)
- added additional transition back to modern day, with Rose leaving while Brock tries to hear more of her story
- added Brock getting told about the investors pulling out, and talking to Lizzie about how much he has sunk (haha) into this expedition
- added Old Rose transitioning back into 1912, as Young Rose heads into the third class to find Jack, as Fabrizio flirts with a Norwegian girl named Helga
- added Rose talking to Jack about her dreams as they walk around the deck, and she poses for a man with a film camera
- added Jack walking Rose back to first class, as they sing, and talk about the stars
- added Rose, Ruth and Cal being toured around the ship, stopping in the gym
- added Fabrizio and Tommy helping Jack sneak into the first class section
- moved the bridge scene of the tour to after Jack steals the hat and coat
- added extended scene of Jack and Rose running from Lovejoy, and some new exposition about his past
- added Jack and Rose sharing a kiss in the engine room
- added the gents in the communiction room contacting the nearby real-life ship, The Californian
- added Molly Brown in the dining room as the iceberg scrapes the ship
- added Jack and Rose goofing around with the ice on the ship's deck
- added the gents in the communication room discussing sending out an SOS
- added Ismay panicking and trying to get the crew to lower the boats faster
- added Molly Brown showing the men on the boat how the rowing should be done
- added the Stauss couple (old people seen later in bed) declaring they won't try and get on a boat
- added Rose being given a blanket by an irish man, while they realise they're stuck in third class
- added extended scene reuniting with Tommy and Fabrizio, as the latter has to say goodbye to Helga
- added the Captain calling back Molly Brown's boat, with the officier refusing to turn back
- added first class passengers in the gym, with Astor showing the effectiveness of the lifevests
- added Lovejoy and Cal walking the deck, as the Chief Baker throws chairs overboard for passengers to later use as floation devices
- added Cal seeing a number of dogs loose on the ship
- added a passenger giving Rose a letter addressed to his family, telling her to give it to them as he knows he won't survive
- added the infamous action scene between Jack and Lovejoy in the sinking dining room, leading to Lovejoy's headwound seen as the ship splits
- added one of the gents in the communication room refusing to leave his post, in hopes that they will recieve a responce
- added first class passengers Guggenheim and Astor saying goodbye to one another
- added the fate of Cora (little third class girl seen in earlier deleted scenes) and her parents
- added another passenger trying to get onto Rose's debris, and Jack threatening him
- added one of the half-full boats refusing to go back upon hearing screaming from other survivors
- added Fifth Officer Lowe discovering a man had disguised himself as a woman to get onto the lifeboat
- added another passenger being rescued by Fifth Officer Lowe just before Rose
- added additional shot of the upturned boat, covered in passengers, just before being rescued
- added extended resuce by the Carpathian, with Rose being attended to, while Ismay has to face all the survivors
- added extended scene with Cal searching the third class survivors for Rose
- added alternate exposition about Cal's fate after the ship sinking
- added Old Rose comparing herself to a butterfly, in the way she changed after the sinking
- added barbeque sequence on Brock's ship after realising they won't be finding the Heart of ther Ocean
- no alternate ending in my preferred cut, but I may offer it in an alternate version

Theatrical - 03:14:38
Current Runtime - 03:44:04

Last edited:
Here's my favourite deleted scene. It's so short, but provides what I feel is an essential emotional bridge leading to Rose trying to jump off the boat.

And 3 extra moments during the very tailend of the film, with some new dissolves in and out. I normally hate dissolves but they work here shockingly. Fun little moment with Jack that I really like.

Last edited:
Watched through this edit tonight, and it's so close to being perfect. Just a few audio fixes and it's ready to go.

The new colour-timing is fantastic though, and the visuals really pop as compared to the untouched Blu-Ray.

I also opted to use the Laserdisc DTS Surround track as a base for the film's audio, instead of the standard Blu-Ray track. It's very dynamic and sounds great.

I may also cut two deleted scenes right near the end of the film, since they kind of detract rather than add. These being the quick shot of a half-full boat refusing to go back upon hearing screaming from other survivors (repeated infomation) and Fifth Officer Lowe finding another passenger before Rose. The mood in the theatrical cut is so hopeless before Rose is found, but adding back the deleted scene changes this to feel more likely that she will be rescued. I know its historically accurate and this is based on a real person, but eh we don't need to see it.

Hoping for a release soon!

SLSE4-Bx5s-Qt-CQZov9-Lfgkg.gif

Another extended cut of Titanic? Didn't Q2 already perfect it like 10 years ago?

I've done one too something like 5 years ago :p
Just couldnt find some time to re-encode it to something smaller than 45 GB (2xBD with custom menus) and share it. Especially when Q2 version was available it seemed kinda pointless. Now, it seems it will be pointless again, so I'll probably keep it to myself.

My version (which is basically adigitalman's version in HD with only a couple of changes) has only alternate ending because when I want theatrical ending, I watch theatrical version.

Last edited:
Be sure to save your project file so you can do this in 4K when the disc is released in a few weeks.

Be sure to save your project file so you can do this in 4K when the disc is released in a few weeks.

No doubt I'm sure that the 4k will look either leagues better or leagues worse than the standard Blu-Ray. I haven't had the chance to check it out yet since it's not coming out in Australia, but if I ever get the urge, I'll import and update this edit.

Also this edit is pretty much done and uploaded! PM me if anyone wants to board the ship of dreams again!

No doubt I'm sure that the 4k will look either leagues better or leagues worse than the standard Blu-Ray.
Unfortunately, this is very true with Cameron these days. For a videophile, he's certainly dropped the ball on past releases.

While i wanna congratulate you on the release as a Titanic Enthusiast i gotta correct what you wrote in the change log. In his deleted scene Ismay is not trying to board a boat but trying to get the crew to lower away the boats quicker like how he did in real life (had his character motivation been to escape the ship he probably would have jumped onto No.3 wich appears to be loading in the scene)

While i wanna congratulate you on the release as a Titanic Enthusiast i gotta correct what you wrote in the change log. In his deleted scene Ismay is not trying to board a boat but trying to get the crew to lower away the boats quicker like how he did in real life (had his character motivation been to escape the ship he probably would have jumped onto No.3 wich appears to be loading in the scene)

Thank you, that has been fixed. Sounds like you're quite the enthusiast yourself, even knowing exactly what boat! Hopefully this edit might satisfy your curiosity!

It looks so attractive! I would to see it in full even if some scenes were deleted for a good reason.

Watched this Fanedit last night and it was fantastic. Congrats on a job well done. This is now my go to version for Titanic. The reinserted deleted scenes added so much to the viewing experience for me and they flowed seamlessly. Everything looked and sounded great. Keep up the great work!

Back
Top Bottom