• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) 2020 Awards are here.

Time Travel Consecution

Rogue-theX

Well-known member
Faneditor
Cover Artist
Messages
6,890
Reaction score
2
Trophy Points
81
Thanks Neglify TM2YC bionicbob [MENTION=9451]matrixgrindhouse[/MENTION] and wayne.workman2012 for your reviews :)
TM2YC
The homage, you probably already guessed, to the incal is the opening part of the book 'Suicide Alley' :D
jodorowsky-moebius-incal-john-difool-suicide-alley-801x1024.gif
 

jswert123456

Well-known member
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
14
Trophy Points
48
also big thanks to the reviews of my edit, feels great to finally have a submitted edit(even if it is a short), and people seem to like it.
 

matrixgrindhouse

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
2,284
Reaction score
20
Trophy Points
48
And thanks for your reviews, Neglify and TMBTM ! Glad you enjoyed. Apologies to the editors of the remaining shorts; I'll post my reviews for your work (and the Consecution as a whole) very soon.
 

wayne.workman2012

Well-known member
Messages
510
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
16
[MENTION=6566]TMBTM[/MENTION], [MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION], [MENTION=9451]matrixgrindhouse[/MENTION],

Thank you three for the review, I really appreciate it seeing that this is my very first approved edit of any sort!

I hope to produce higher quality edits in the future. I've learned a whole lot about editing due to this site, solely. I may not have continued to dabble in Audio/Video had I not discovered FE, and had a welcoming community here to offer advice.

Thank You!
 

matrixgrindhouse

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
2,284
Reaction score
20
Trophy Points
48
Thank you, Wayne! Glad to have your work as a part of this. You're off to a fine start. Keep at it!

Meanwhile, it's only now that I realize that I probably should have called my short "Future Shocking Dark" instead. Oh, well.
 

Neglify

Well-known member
Messages
13,970
Reaction score
10
Trophy Points
123
matrixgrindhouse said:
I'm very pleased with all the positive feedback to the Consecution thus far! Great job, everyone.

On a personal note, I'm very proud of how Future Shock is resonating. So much so, that I cooked up a seasonal sequel. Happy Halloween, and may all your journeys through space and time be safe. Now, back to those reviews.


(Password: Fanedit.org)

Shirley this would warrant its own thread, no? I would hate for this gem to go unnoticed.
 

matrixgrindhouse

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
2,284
Reaction score
20
Trophy Points
48
Neglify said:
Shirley this would warrant its own thread, no? I would hate for this gem to go unnoticed.

Yeah, but I don't want to distract from the Consecution by posting another thread in the same category. Furthermore, it's a spinoff of one of my shorts featured here - it's best appreciated after the fact. That said, if you'd prefer that I remove it from this thread and start another, I will gladly do so. Last thing I want to do is muddy the message.

And don't call my Shirley.
 

Adabisi

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
933
Reaction score
4
Trophy Points
28
I've likely said this for every Consecution, but this is my favourite one yet. Pinkface, Run Marty Run and The New Adventures of Captain America were my favourites. Thanks to Neg an MGH for putting it together. Excellent work by all involved.
 

Neglify

Well-known member
Messages
13,970
Reaction score
10
Trophy Points
123
Adabisi said:
Pinkface, Run Marty Run and The New Adventures of Captain America were my favourites. Thanks to Neg an MGH for putting it together.
:yo:
 

Neglify

Well-known member
Messages
13,970
Reaction score
10
Trophy Points
123
wilhelm scream said:
[Review for "Under The Terminator's Skin"]
i,m so sorry but I hate this edit!

when i saw under the skin earlier this year, it was horrible! it made no sense, it had horrible music and had so many pointless scenes! so when i read the synopsis for this edit, i knew it was a disaster but was willing to give it a chance. i still hated it! i hated you replaced the entire music with lame music! you removed some of my favorite music from my favorite terminator film! with some of the worst music ever from some of the worst films ever made!

A/V - 10
Visual Editing - 10
Audio Editing - 1
Narrative - 1
Enjoyment - 1

That's really harsh dude. I get that you hated "Under The Skin" and you feel that Dom has raped you, but come on man.

59a2cb0ad9b892d8d18f43a427a415e22add5e18d28883c356ae6168f16209fa.jpg
 

DominicCobb

Well-known member
Staff member
Faneditor
Messages
2,160
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
58
wilhelm scream said:
[Review for "Under The Terminator's Skin"]i,m so sorry but I hate this edit!


when i saw under the skin earlier this year, it was horrible! it made no sense, it had horrible music and had so many pointless scenes! so when i read the synopsis for this edit, i knew it was a disaster but was willing to give it a chance. i still hated it! i hated you replaced the entire music with lame music! you removed some of my favorite music from my favorite terminator film! with some of the worst music ever from some of the worst films ever made!


A/V - 10
Visual Editing - 10
Audio Editing - 1
Narrative - 1
Enjoyment - 1
Sorry you didn't like it bud, but thanks for taking the time to watch and review.
 

DominicCobb

Well-known member
Staff member
Faneditor
Messages
2,160
Reaction score
1
Trophy Points
58
matrixgrindhouse regarding your review, yes, I color corrected everything to give it a more modern, teal and orange look. Perhaps I should add that to the IFDb page. Is there some way I can edit the page or do I need an admin to?
 

Neglify

Well-known member
Messages
13,970
Reaction score
10
Trophy Points
123
DominicCobb said:
matrixgrindhouse regarding your review, yes, I color corrected everything to give it a more modern, teal and orange look. Perhaps I should add that to the IFDb page. Is there some way I can edit the page or do I need an admin to?

You should be able to edit it, as you have a faneditor badge. Log in to IFDB, go to your edit's page and if a little gear icon shows up below the User Rating bar near the top, click it and edit the info. It will need to be approved and will sit in moderation until then.

Wait... you don't have a faneditor badge! [MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] you can change user statuses right?
 

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
23,495
Reaction score
101
Trophy Points
173
Dom has four approved shorts and one approved full edit. IIRC, two full edits are required for a badge, but I'm not positive of that.
 

Neglify

Well-known member
Messages
13,970
Reaction score
10
Trophy Points
123
TV's Frink said:
Dom has four approved shorts and one approved full edit. IIRC, two full edits are required for a badge, but I'm not positive of that.

That was the old rules. Now it's 1 approved edit = Faneditor. And that's because you need to be a Faneditor to submit to IFDB, and even with the old rules your second edit didn't need approval to be submitted.

Also, Dom only has 2 shorts. One from Cops, one from Time Travel.
 

TM2YC

Well-known member
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
13,204
Reaction score
489
Trophy Points
198
DominicCobb issue sorted.
 
Top Bottom