• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

So, is that a yes or no to the summation montage, it's somewhat unclear.

Nic said:
So, is that a yes or no to the summation montage, it's somewhat unclear.

If I was doing an edit of Thor2 it would be a no. Would be cool DVD extra to see the first film and Avengers condensed into a couple of minutes but not needed to open this film with I think. The whole Thor2 movie proceeds from the assumption that the viewer has seen Thor1 and The Avengers and knows about all the emotional and narrative baggage the characters have, so I'd make that assumption too.

Here's how I'd start Thor2, post from my ideas thread...

TM2YC said:
Here is my take on the opening of 'Thor: The Dark World'...

(^ Click Vimeo button to wtch in HD)

The main goals were to remove the pointless exposition opening about about Elves, the Dark World and even hearing about Thor's grandfather for no good reason (I think they wanted to emulate LOTR). Then to devote that time to restoring the grand deleted Vanaheim opening to give Thor the thunderous entrance he should have had.

Changes:
- Removed Odin's long exposition speech about the Dark Elves etc (Not important 'til later). Cut Thor logo and used it later.
- Trimmed as much of Loki and Odin scene as possible. All we need to know is that the 9 realms are threatened thanks to Loki and that Thor is on the case.
- Frigga removed (There will be more of her later).
- Restored deleted Vanaheim battle and colour corrected it to match the next scene of Thor's arrival.
- Thor now arrives to save the day properly as we see the forces of good in full retreat.
- Layered and extended Thor logo over epic opening shot of Asgard.

Here's a fun fact about "Thor: The Dark World". In the scene at the end where Thor kisses Jane, Chris Hemsworth wasn't kissing Natalie Portman. He was actually kissing his wife, Elsa Pataky, who was wearing a wig so she would resemble Natalie Portman.

hbenthow said:
Here's a fun fact about "Thor: The Dark World". In the scene at the end where Thor kisses Jane, Chris Hemsworth wasn't kissing Natalie Portman. He was actually kissing his wife, Elsa Pataky, who was wearing a wig so she would resemble Natalie Portman.

:-D Love it. That's movie magic for you. You can't tell even when you know.

hbenthow said:

that is really cool!

Back
Top Bottom