• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thor: Odinson? - Godsized Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thor: Odinson? - Godsized Edition:

This was a very enjoyable watch. I have always liked the first Thor movie, but I also have always found it to be a little too... basic. So, when I saw the intent behind this edit, I was very interested in it. I thought that switching up the structure of the movie could make the simple story much more interesting. And sure enough, it was. The flow of the narrative was much better and like another reviewer wrote, it even feels like the original way the story was meant to be told. The deleted scenes where also a nice addition. The editing, to me, was flawless. As far as analysing A/V quality goes, I'm no expert but it all looked and sounded really good to me. My only complaint, which is why I deducted 1 point from the narrative category, was the placement of the frost giants' flashback. Like others have said, it felt abrupt. My suggestion to fix this tiny problem would be to divide the story in chapters, pulp fiction style. It would go like this: Chapter 1 - Movie begins and goes all the way to the frost giants' flashback; Chapter 2 - begins at the flashback and goes all the way to when Thor is banished, ending when we see him getting hit by Jane's car again; And Chapter 3 would be the rest of th movie. I don't know if it would work, but it felt like an interesting thought so I decided to share it. All in all, I enjoyed the heck out of this edit and would recommend it to everyone.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/thor-odinson-godsized-edition/discussions/11309/

Back
Top Bottom