• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

This year, I will finally watch...

Well I already started the year with crossing one off my list:
Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life - Absolutely never watching anything with Gerard Butler in ever again so no I won't ba adding london has fallen to my backlog.

Spider-man into the spider-verse
The last 3 stray cat rock films
Lone Wolf and Cub - everything after the first film
Death note (2015) I didn't even realise Japan had released their own live action series after the 2006 movies.
Star Trek The Next Generation - already in the middle of this and by middle I mean season 1 episode 8.
Star Trek: first contact - this will be the only TNG movie I watch, my dvd of generations disappeared shortly after my hard drive with kirkless generations on it died.
Batman 66 - I made a effort deal to buy the dvd's 2 years ago and I've still only watched the pilot.
Big Hero 6 the series
Creed 2
Star wars rebels
Smudger9's clone wars edits (only seen the first of five so far)
12 Angry Men
Dancer in the Dark
The House that Jack Built
Dogville
The Ringu Trilogy - when Arrow release them in March
Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid

Omaru1982 said:
12 Angry Men

The remake is decent as well. A 1997 Showtime TV movie directed by William Friedkin (The French Connection and The Exorcist), starring George C. Scott (who won an Emmy), Courtney B. Vance, James Gandolfini, Tony Danza and Jack Lemmon. 

"Metropolis" (1927) directed by Fritz Lang.

19 years ago my friend showed me Fritz Lang's "M" and I was blown away. I've known about "Metropolis" since then but I never took the time to watch it until today, primarily because I'm not that big a fan of silent films. I watched the 148 minute "Complete Metropolis" version and I must say, this is an Epic in every sense of the word. A must-see staple of cinema. This is way better than "Intolerance" (1916), although not quite as thrilling as "Battleship Potemkin" (1925). For my next viewing I'll check out the Giorgio Moroder version.

5/5

2 down, 17 to go!

Funny enough, I just picked up Metropolis from the library. It's some 124 minute cut, so not the complete Metropolis, which is disheartening, but I don't feel like going out of my way to track that down right now.

jrWHAG42 said:
Funny enough, I just picked up Metropolis from the library. It's some 124 minute cut, so not the complete Metropolis, which is disheartening, but I don't feel like going out of my way to track that down right now.

Here lemme help ya out.

It's a Public Domain film, there's nothing unethical about watching it for free on YouTube, and the quality is legit.

I knew that the film was in public domain and could be found online, but... For some reason, it went through my mind that the Complete version in particular was owned by a particular company, and could only be purchased, but obviously that would make no sense. Thank you, kind sir.

Omaru1982 said:
Absolutely never watching anything with Gerard Butler in ever again

giphy.webp

Gerard Butler, Kurt Russell, Russell Crow, I often get the three mixed up.

Omaru1982 said:
Absolutely never watching anything with Gerard Butler in ever again....
a while back i watched Den of Thieves.
it's got Gerard Butler in it.
i mostly watched it for Pablo Schreiber.
it's pretty good for a Heat clone heist movie.
there is a part where The Dad intimidates his Daughter's Prom Date that plays a hundred times better than the same scene in Bad Boys 2.
i know it's not a hard sell when THAT is my major take away from the movie, but it just looked and felt like the actors were really having fun with their characters and the entire moment was genuine.
but man, that Gerard Butler.  the older he gets the more he talks out the side of his face!  
if he had a baby with Drew Berrymore, their child's head would be completely sideways.
but anyway, Den of Thieves.  it's pretty good.  check it out if you have time, but certainly put better things in front of it.
like Logan Lucky.  now there is a fun heist movie.  like a redneck Ocean's 11.

I have SO many but here are the few that are stuck in my head.

The Next Karate Kid
Alien
Hereditary
Jumanji (Original)
Amityville Horror (Remake)
Scary Movie 5
Unfriended 2
Taken Films
Die Hard Sequels
Lord Of The Rings Film
Star Strek Films
Avengers Films
Most Marvel Movies especially Spiderverse
Up

and.......

STAR WARS

^uh, just my two cents, but you can skip a lot of those later sequels, particularly The Next Karate Kid. Life's too short, there's so much better to watch.

For my part, I have a running list of a couple hundred films, but I should really knock a few off my personal list from the AFI top 100. The only ones I haven't seen in the top 25 are City Lights, The Searchers, Sunset Boulevard, and The General.  I know, I know...
GpMvX3.gif

Back
Top Bottom