• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The World Is Not Enough - Millennium Edition

Regarding the caviar factory scene... I find the sudden action music to be jarring. I understand it's a leftover from the action scene you cut, but it's too hectic and sinister for what's happening (guy pushed into caviar). Can you maybe show Zukovsky pushed into the caviar, then cut right to the shot of Bond loosening his tie at 0:49? Then loop some of the music back over top of the shot of Zukovsky falling into caviar. That way, the "action" feeling won't be overplayed.

You could use Bond's line "Too bad we don't have any champagne" over the far shot at 1:04, then cut the shot of Bond saying the line into camera, and Christmas Jones' line as well. I agree that her being wet and the flames are distracting.

Back to Bond! After some distractions, I'm working my way to the finish line on my Brosnan edit. :)

1999%20The%20World%20Is%20Not%20Enough%20(ME)%20cover.jpg

I need your opinions: I'm cleaning up some last transitions and have only one biggie left before I complete this Bond. If you've read the previous page, you'll know what I'm referring to: the helicopter chainsaw attack. Which of these choices do you prefer to see in this edit when you watch it:

1) The lazy option. Leave that part of the edit as it is. The chainsaw helicopter is removed, but there's an odd transition where Ms Jones suddenly has wet hair and there's an unexplained open flame in the background.
2) The rigorous option. That chainsaw helicopter was too far over the top, it was jumping the shark and this edit will be better without it.
3) The keep-it-in option. Sure it was over the top, but it's an exciting battle and I'd miss it when I watch this edit. Leave it in.

Let me know! I am open to suggestions. 'Cause to be honest, I'm a bit stuck on this one. :blush:

lapis molari said:
I need your opinions: I'm cleaning up some last transitions and have only one biggie left before I complete this Bond. If you've read the previous page, you'll know what I'm referring to: the helicopter chainsaw attack. Which of these choices do you prefer to see in this edit when you watch it:

1) The lazy option. Leave that part of the edit as it is. The chainsaw helicopter is removed, but there's an odd transition where Ms Jones suddenly has wet hair and there's an unexplained open flame in the background.
2) The rigorous option. That chainsaw helicopter was too far over the top, it was jumping the shark and this edit will be better without it.
3) The keep-it-in option. Sure it was over the top, but it's an exciting battle and I'd miss it when I watch this edit. Leave it in.

Let me know! I am open to suggestions. 'Cause to be honest, I'm a bit stuck on this one. :blush:

If you can diminish the OTT elements  while keeping it in, it could allow the edit to flow more to your design.

Zarius said:
If you can diminish the OTT elements  while keeping it in, it could allow the edit to flow more to your design.

Ha! You're trying to trick me, aren't you? 'Cause the entire chainsaw helicopter attack is OTT! :p

lapis molari said:
Zarius said:

Ha! You're trying to trick me, aren't you? 'Cause the entire chainsaw helicopter attack is OTT! :p

I've seen edits with plenty of OTT sequences trimmed down to tolerable levels, but perhaps you should have the helicopter dealt with right away then? Or would that mess a bit with the sequence where Jones gets wet?

Now, that came out wrong.

Got it! The chainsaw helicopters stay cut. I replaced the wet-hair shot with a wide shot where it's hard to see any hair detail. I replaced the disproportionately brash music, making the I-push-you-into-caviar transition much smoother.

@"Zarius", thanks for your suggestions.
@"Problem Eliminator", thanks for pointing out the jarring music transition.

This will be ready before Christmas!

That's what makes your edits improvements on the originals...you do tend to remove much of the OTT moments. I never liked that scene in the movie. I say remove it, as well and the wide angle shot is a good idea.

Designer Sean Longmore hits the nail on the head with his mock book cover: The World is Not Enough is about a seductive villain who gets off on torturing Bond. Renard is merely the evil-eyed henchman and Lara Croft Christmas Jones is relegated to the back cover. I love it!

EmFFFOoXgAEzc_V

A quick tiny ignorable nitpick, isn't millenium supposed to be spelled as mille(nn)ium?

theryaney said:
A quick tiny ignorable nitpick, isn't millenium supposed to be spelled as mille(nn)ium?

Eh... Yup. :blush:

I'll go change that now. Typo is corrected. You can download the corrected poster/cover from the IFDB page, or from the link you already have.

@"boazz750", thank you for your review.

Responding to your three comments:

- Yes, Bond's "caviar push" is atypical behavior. But Valentin's exposition in the caviar bath is necessary so couldn't be cut, and this was the only way to get him into the caviar without the helicopters.
- Yeah, Christmas Jones in the sub went through many versions. I tried multiple cutaway shots to her, spread between Bond and Renard's scenes. In the end I settled on just the one as the least bad option.
- Which fade goes on too long?? I just checked the last scenes and I don't see any wrong frames before or after the sunset / champagne with fireworks. Which transition did you mean?

lapis molari said:
- Which fade goes on too long?? I just checked the last scenes and I don't see any wrong frames before or after the sunset / champagne with fireworks. Which transition did you mean?

I am referring to timestamp 1:40:23-1:40:24, where it is still possible to see silhouettes of Bond and Christmas in bed from the TC. Here is a screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl217ahmc1ni9n0/TWinE.png?dl=0

Cheers,
Bo

boazz750 said:
I am referring to timestamp 1:40:23-1:40:24, where it is still possible to see silhouettes of Bond and Christmas in bed from the TC

@"boazz750", your screen plays much brighter than mine because I hadn't seen that. Thanks for catching this!

I replaced the offending 15 frames with actual black and re-rendered overnight. The updated version is available now.
For those of you who already have this TWINE edit: the update is in the same place, with "fixed fade" added in the title to avoid confusion.

Congrats on this Lapis... My wife and I had fun watching this.  Left a review for the edit at IFDB ;)

LastSurvivor said:
Congrats on this Lapis... My wife and I had fun watching this.  Left a review for the edit at IFDB ;)

Thanks @"LastSurvivor"! Solid review and feedback from our resident Bond expert. :cool:

After reading your review I played back the transition at the end of the opening song and I hear what you mean. Instead of trying to smooth out that one transition, I can replace the whole 6 seconds of Arnold score with a fade out from the title song on CD (which has a clean fade out that lasts 7 seconds longer than in the movie, I just checked). I'll expand it from stereo to surround. After @"boazz750" improvement for the cut to end-credits, I'll re-render one more time to include this improvement at the end of the opening-credits. :blush:

Yeah, the chainsaw helicopter is a damned-if-you-do and damned-if-you-don't part. If I left it in, I saw little opportunity to cut without it becoming confusing. So it was all or nothing. I agree it's not perfect. I do think leaving the entire thing in wouldn't have been better (especially with the length of the sequence in the now reduced total runtime).

I'm curious about one big change you didn't cover: inside the submarine. What do you think of the way I have Bond going straight for Renard instead of the girl?

Here's the improved transition (fixed in both audio tracks). PW = fanedit.org

Now to re-run the whole film and update the file.

lapis molari said:
LastSurvivor said:

Thanks @"LastSurvivor"! Solid review and feedback from our resident Bond expert. :cool:

After reading your review I played back the transition at the end of the opening song and I hear what you mean. Instead of trying to smooth out that one transition, I can replace the whole 6 seconds of Arnold score with a fade out from the title song on CD (which has a clean fade out that lasts 7 seconds longer than in the movie, I just checked). I'll expand it from stereo to surround. After @"boazz750" improvement for the cut to end-credits, I'll re-render one more time to include this improvement at the end of the opening-credits. :blush:

Yeah, the chainsaw helicopter is a damned-if-you-do and damned-if-you-don't part. If I left it in, I saw little opportunity to cut without it becoming confusing. So it was all or nothing. I agree it's not perfect. I do think leaving the entire thing in wouldn't have been better (especially with the length of the sequence in the now reduced total runtime).

I'm curious about one big change you didn't cover: inside the submarine. What do you think of the way I have Bond going straight for Renard instead of the girl?

Resident Bond expert??  Me?  You're too kind Lapis... I wouldn't consider myself an expert - just a passionate fan ;)

Firstly, hats off to you for going back in and correcting the transition as the opening credits end.  It's now much better and totally works.  I really should go back in to my Spectre fanedit and correct an error which happens as the film ends (basically as it's fading out, you can just see a brief glimpse of a scene which comes thereafter, but which I wanted to cut), but I often delete my source files after I'm done, as I need the hard drive space.  But kudos to you for doing this.

Yeah, the ChainSaw Helicopter scene is indeed a damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Personally, as it feels a little off, I probably would kept the scene, but I totally appreciate why you wanted to cut it and I think you did the best that you could with it.

As for the cutting of the scene inside the sub, of Bond going straight for Renard - it is perhaps a little out of character, but I think it works fine.   It does feel a little weird that Christmas Jones suddenly appears, as I'd almost forgotten about her! lol...  but yeah, I didn't have a problem with that to be honest.  Again, well done on the edit Lapis.  Looking forward to your View to a Kill edit next ;)

Back
Top Bottom