• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Wolfman Super 8 Collection

Reading this thread makes me think of this song:

Almost done the audio, a few parts have been problematic, stay tuned. :)

Gatos said:
Reading this thread makes me think of this song:

One of the ABSOLUTE GREATEST SONGS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated OP with info on the bonus edits, wich should be available in MKV format in the coming days.

looking forward to this rogue :)

Can't wait for the DVD of this to drop.... would be a great Xmas present :D

The dvd is still being worked on. Sorry for the delay :)

:-DNo need to apologize Rogue... Your edits are always worth the wait... Keep up the good work...

I surely missed something but I only see 2 mkv edits on the .dlc.
Atom Age Wolfman will only be on the DVD, that's it?

Damn :(

No the three edits and the two bonus edits are to be available in mkv (i submitted the bonus edit mkv's to l8 last week, but i think he's busy), the dvd is to have all that and the menus and trailers. Ill look into the Atom Age Wolfman one, i had to replace it earlier, it should be in the dlc though, strange.

Sorry 'bout that.

I was able to download Atom Age Wolfman. Downloaded it about two weeks after it was released.

Then I should have made a mistake somewhere. I'll check it tonight again.

Ok, I checked better:

When I downloaded the .dlc I had:
links to .rar for Wolfman 41
links to .rar for Wolfman 10

and... a .rar for a "Super 8 collection" where I 've seen another .dlc that I forgot to check.
In this .dlc there is again links for the 41 and 10 edits. as well as for Atomic age.

It was just not clear enough for my small brain, but it is there.
:banplease:

Sorry for the trouble, TMBTM. I sent a corrected dlc sent to L8wrtr.

Thanks for checking those links :)

I'm not sure what in the world I was doing, or did. I wish I could blame something like say, Juice's primary leisure-time activity.. but who knows. This should be correct (finally) and the DVD links will be available with the next .info update (which should be tonight).

Yep MKV links are good to go. Thanks L8wrtr, i appreciate it :)

And thanks for authoring the dvd, Captain Khajiit :)

I just wanted to respond to this.

TMBTM said:
To me, the primary goal (and also the fun) of those super 8 edits Rogue is now known for is to turn recent movies into old looking super 8 cuts. So the 2010 movie is, to me, the real interesting edit of the three.

Yes, i think your right, The other ones don't have that "whatever" that clones/wlfmn2010 has. Theres at least two older movies that id like to make super8 edits of (alien, aliens) but i think i'll mainly stick with newer movies for super8 edits from now on. :)

Okie dokie, in my original review I wrote:

The Welcomed Return of Rogue's Super 8 Edits!
What a wonderful surprise.

Once again Rogue proves his amazing ability of being able to boil a story down to it's bare essence and still engage and entertain an audience.

Of all the classic Universal Monsters, the Wolfman is by far and away my favorite monster.
Thus I eagerly downloaded Rogue's Halloween Treat and was not disappointed.

I should note, I was only able to download Wolfman 1941 and 2010, as Atomic Age Wolfman would not download.

Of the two, the 1941 version retains much of the look and feel of the original. The edited storyline flows really well, almost too well. Even at less than 20 minutes it still feels like an old time Universal movie. I suppose that is testament to the quality of the production and it's agelessness. I think I would have liked to have seen a bit more aging effects or stuttering or crackling sound. That said, I greatly enjoyed it. It was a real HOWL!

The 2010 version was a joyful surprise! I loved what Rogue accomplished with this much maligned and criticized movie. His
Super 8 effects and editing injected some much needed energy and style into this disaster of a remake. I truly LOVED this edit. It is fast paced, crazy, kinetic and held your attention. An amazing improvement over the original, and again less than 20 minutes long!!! Well done Rogue!

If you love the Wolfman, I highly recommend these two edits.
Looking forward to seeing Rogue's final werewolf entry!

Until then, beware of when the wolf bane blooms and the autumn moon is bright!

Well today I watched Rogue's full dvd release, and WOW was I ever surprised and delighted!

The DVD design is straightforward, clean and fits the material very well.

I did a quick watch of Wolfman 1941 and 2010 again, both are great. I forgot to mention in my first review what a wonderful job Rogue did cropping the 1941 version into a widescreen presentation. He did such a good job I did not even notice it the first time around. Well done!

Finally got to watch Atom Age Wolfman, and like the other two Super 8 edits, it is crafted and executed in the same manner. This is a kooky little movie. It is probably my least favorite of the 3 main edits, but this has nothing to do with Rogue's editing, as it is excellent.

With the dvd release we get some juicy bonus features including trailers for some upcoming Rogue releases and a brief but informative featurette about the edit of the three main features.

But wait, there is more!

Not one, but two, count them, TWO MORE SUPER 8 MOVIES!!!!

First there is WOLFMAN OF WASHINGTON. This is the weirdest, most off kilter, bizarre and so-bad-it's-HILARIOUS wolfman movie I have ever seen! I laughed constantly! Very entertaining in a D-Movie way. Again, well done Rogue!

But I have saved the BEST for Last!
Rogue did a second, longer version of Wolfman 2010.
His first version I greatly enjoyed as it had a mad, kinetic flavour to it.

But this second version is by far and away my absolute favorite edit on the entire dvd. It is masterful! Truly it is great stuff. It could be released all on it's own as a main feature. With this version, Rogue went with a classic Black and White look, favoring atmosphere and character far more with this cut. It really feels like an old time Universal monster movie. It is far superior to the original theatrical version. In my opinion, this is the hidden gem of this dvd release, and you should definitely download it to see this edit!

Thank you buddy Rogue for another very entertaining release!
THUMBS UP!:)

Back
Top Bottom