• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Two Towers - The Precious Edition

Yeah I 100% get it, edits should be personal! In the ZSJL context someone was only asking if such an edit exists. But I digress!
Mu DCEU edit only changed a few small moments from ZSJL, but it also intercuts some scenes from Aquaman, so it might not be what you're looking for.

Last night I had an epiphany and figured out how to edit this scene. The Ring wraith being offered the Ring ruins the film for me, considering Sauron later thinks the Ring is with the other Hobbits in Isengard. It makes Sauron an utter imbecile. However, completely cutting it just felt wrong, because it is beautiful cinematography.

Then I realised I could just re-order the sequence and crop one shot and fix it altogether.

I think I am lost at how many upgrades you made since I last downloaded, but it is nice you found a straightforward solution to the ring offering.

Last night I had an epiphany and figured out how to edit this scene. The Ring wraith being offered the Ring ruins the film for me, considering Sauron later thinks the Ring is with the other Hobbits in Isengard. It makes Sauron an utter imbecile. However, completely cutting it just felt wrong, because it is beautiful cinematography.

Then I realised I could just re-order the sequence and crop one shot and fix it altogether.
Nice!

I think I am lost at how many upgrades you made since I last downloaded, but it is nice you found a straightforward solution to the ring offering.

Two Towers is final, I wouldn't know what else to cut now. It was the only scene that kept bugging me. The link is still the same so you can always re-download if you want the latest version! <3

Both other edits are also final as far as om concerned. :)

Last edited:
One of this edits viewers pointed out that one ent scene felt a bit short. Namely Treebeard saying he likes going south.

Which I agreed with but I couldn't find a solution. My wife was so kind to help me grade the scene to day, so now I was able to put it in front of the scene where the hobbits notice smoke in the south.

Scene now goes like this: Treebears says he will take the hobbits to the borders of the forest, and that he likes going south. After this we have Merry saying he notices smoke in the south.

I realised I never really posted how the Ents story line is now altered exactly, so here's basically the edits that are made ( don't watch if you don't like spoilers )

First we have Treebeard deciding he will drop the Hobbits off at the borders of the Forest far earlier in the film. (regraded to look like daytime, I hope I did well, it was pretty tricky)

When he gets to the borders he finds the dead trees, this triggers the entmoot

I wanted to keep the Hobbits meaningful, and repurposes their pleading to the Ents after they refuse to go to war into them pleading to PLEASE not take so long to decide

The Ents have decided, they will go to war

The war begins, first, the trees are send away

This in my modest opinion is a far more compelling narrative than the original film presents, where the Ents basically do nothing, then they decide to do nothing, bring the Hobbits back and tell them to go home to do nothing, only to magically appear to all fight anyway at the end of the film when it is most convenient to the plot.

Last edited:
I managed to sit through the first half of the movie. As typical for our buddy Donka, his work is sublime.

Those are my nitpicks/suggestions:

36:51-37:00 - Remove Aragorn kicking the helmet, screaming in rage/agony and falling down on his knees? He is supossed to be like the chilliest and most collected dude in the world so, altough completely justified for the frustration of the moment, IMHO always felt kinda of out of character for him.

1:24:58-1:25-02 - Remove Gimli burping like a stupid simpleton animal in the middle of the dramatic scene for no reason? I absolutely DESPISE what PJ did to Gimli in the last two films, it's always been painful to watch...

1:47:03-1:49:45 - IMHO this whole "aragorn dream" sequence could just go. We already know that he is conflicted and that he likes Arwen, so what do we really need to spend three minutes in his dreams for? Does nothing but hinder the pace and the urgency of their going to helm's deep. Also, the scene/flashback that comes JUST next already does have all the character development for both of them (Aragorn and Arwen) we truly need.

Last edited:
I managed to sit through the first half of the movie. As typical for our buddy Donka, his work is sublime.

Those are my nitpicks/suggestions:

36:51-37:00 - Remove Aragorn kicking the helmet, screaming in rage/agony and falling down on his knees? He is supossed to be like the chilliest and most collected dude in the world so, altough completely justified for the frustration of the moment, IMHO always felt kinda of out of character for him.

1:24:58-1:25-02 - Remove Gimli burping like a stupid simpleton animal in the middle of the dramatic scene for no reason? I absolutely DESPITE what PJ did to Gimli in the last two films, it's always been painful to watch...

1:47:03-1:49:45 - IMHO this whole "aragorn dream" sequence could just go. We already know that he is conflicted and that he likes Arwen, so what do we really need to spend three minutes in his dreams for? Does nothing but hinder the pace and the urgency of their going to helm's deep. Also, the scene/flashback that comes JUST next already does have all the character development for both of them (Aragorn and Arwen) we truly need.

Glad to hear youre enjoying the work!

Why would youI cut Aragorn kicking the helmet? It completely humanises him, he thinks he was too late to save the Hobbits. Also, he needs a reason to check the tracks. Also fun fact about this scene.. did you know Viggo Mortensen etcetc.

TLDR: Without the scene aragorn becomes a less cool dude.

I moved it already, he burps while the children are eating instead of during theodens speech. I don't wish to cut it entirely. Imo it comes across as him realising he shouldn't be burping in front of kids.

Aragorn dream sequence is redundant, but Liv Tyler in slow-motion? Yes please. Also, I like how it sort of suggests he was saved by divine interference rather than luck.

Last edited:
Here's two suggestions:

2:33:22 - 2:33:32
how about cutting this nonsensical "where was Gondor when...!?" rant?
never made any sense, what was PJ even trying to imply here? where was Gondor when what?
the two kingdoms should have nothing but the utmost respect for each other

3:07:54 - minor, but how about cutting the gandalf remind?
I don't think ayone following the movie really need this; Aragorn just staring at the light IMO would be more immersive
and in case anyone DID forget Gandalf was coming at dawn, they can have a nice little "ohhh, damn, right!" moment just a couple minutes later

Here's two suggestions:

2:33:22 - 2:33:32
how about cutting this nonsensical "where was Gondor when...!?" rant?
never made any sense, what was PJ even trying to imply here? where was Gondor when what?
the two kingdoms should have nothing but the utmost respect for each other

3:07:54 - minor, but how about cutting the gandalf remind?
I don't think ayone following the movie really need this; Aragorn just staring at the light IMO would be more immersive
and in case anyone DID forget Gandalf was coming at dawn, they can have a nice little "ohhh, damn, right!" moment just a couple minutes later

Where was Gondor is such a well acted moment, I wouldn't consider cutting it. I don't care too much about book accuracy if it works for the film tbh.

I like the reminder as well, I think it's nice and dramatic. Plus, these films are so dense and long, I feel a reminder isn't a bad thing for the general audience either.

Where was Gondor is such a well acted moment, I wouldn't consider cutting it. I don't care too much about book accuracy if it works for the film tbh.

I like the reminder as well, I think it's nice and dramatic. Plus, these films are so dense and long, I feel a reminder isn't a bad thing for the general audience either.
“Where was Gondor”, imo, is a crucial moment for the general story, as well as both for the Theoden’s personal arc and Aragorn’s personal arc. And it is really well acted. And it underscores the desperation and loneliness a king/leader feels in times of war.

The reminder is also a great moment, but here I would be curious to see how the scene would work without it. As a general rule, I hate these types for reminders. But it’s true that, again, because it’s Ian McKellen, the delivery is great as always.

“Where was Gondor”, imo, is a crucial moment for the general story, as well as both for the Theoden’s personal arc and Aragorn’s personal arc. And it is really well acted. And it underscores the desperation and loneliness a king/leader feels in times of war.

The reminder is also a great moment, but here I would be curious to see how the scene would work without it. As a general rule, I hate these types for reminders. But it’s true that, again, because it’s Ian McKellen, the delivery is great as always.

Like.. its Ian mnKellen. Exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom