• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Sukaiwaka Fortress—The Hidden Fortress with a Star Wars score

I was just going to PM you. I'm also experiencing a corrupt archive with the 1080p version.

dayumn. anybody else?

because of my slow internet speeds + the file size, i had to upload the archive in parts over three separate nights. the UL pauses and resumptions went without apparent difficulty, at least without any notifications of probs by mega, but perhaps the interruptions borked some zeros and ones.

sometime this week, i'll test the archive then set up a continuous 24-hour upload. hopefully that will fix the problem.

ThrowgnCpr said:
tearycat_zps11c1cacb.jpg
sorry about the wasted bandwidth and dashed expectations. will reupload.

Bummer. I originally assumed that it was just on my end.

Can you split into a mltipart archive?

good idea, tenkyu. will try winrar for mac.

update: couldn't find a decent splitter for the mac. uploading a new zip archive (tested true upon unzipping) but this time continuously. the 1080p version should be uploaded by the end of the day. . . as long as the kids don't watch any minecraft videos.

ssj said:
couldn't find a decent splitter

MoeRBmp.jpg

FYI: The 720p file is fine so far.

The "Kanji club" line was an early highlight for me

^ fully expecting to look like that guy in my old age. he's probably a wizard.

apologies again for the corrupt 1080p upload.

3291dc27b4e71b551c9f8dae47dc7f3e.jpg

the new version has been uploaded. downloaded it this morning; it unpackages properly, and the contents are as they should be.

please PM me to lower the drawbridge.

thecuddlyninja said:
^What he said

throw speaks cat. . . and bird. he's a bridge between cultures.

Too bad I came here too late ... I would suggest that you make an opening of Star Wars, as with the credits rolling at the beginning.  :)

thanks, tipoc, interesting idea, but i wanted to avoid the traditional star wars crawl (i assume that's what you mean). the crawl works well within a star wars film, where it's pretty much expected. however, if i use the crawl in my project, it would come across as a cliché.

i think i understand that you're asking for the credits to be displayed in a crawl, which i've avoided for the reason above, but let's also consider the usual & customary: exposition in the crawl. this i wanted to especially avoid, since the original movie starts without a prologue. there's no need for me to provide upfront exposition as the viewer will learn everything he/she needs to know as the story unfolds.

for @"TM2YC":

67454135.jpg

on friday night, i had a screening with the wife and keedz. . . and it was great hearing their chuckles.

my light rewrite can't take all the credit for their amusement, much of which seemed to come from the original movie's inherent humor.

That's awesome that your family enjoys your hobby so much :)

truth be told, i think i'm a better, more attentive father when i'm not working on a fanedit. these projects are time-intensive. and i couldn't share my last two releases with the cheeldren, not with all the violence and swearing and references to ____ & ____.

but sukaiwaka is different. i made this precisely because my kids asked me to make a kid-friendly edit. and it warms my heart (to about 98.6°) that they enjoyed it!

Yeah, I need to do a save-face edit soon...   :blush:

DigModiFicaTion said:
Yeah, I need to do a save-face edit soon...   :blush:

like bambi: heir to the forest?

0f745225fda05310ab20617a84e7931f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom