• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Starlost - 1970's low-budget scifi

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a cool old show called 'The Starlost'... it was a low budget
canadian show starring "Keir Dullea".. he was dave bowman in 2001.

"his low budget Canadian sci-fi series from 1973 ran for sixteen episodes before it was cancelled due to low ratings. It was created in Canada by Glen Warren Productions and partially funded by Twentieth Century Fox, who now own the broadcast and syndication rights to the series. It was also compiled down into five movies, each composed of two episodes each, with new credit sequences. The series was written by renowned science fiction author Harlan Ellison under a pseudonym, with additional episodes being written by other sci-fi authors. The plot concerned a giant Noah's Ark-like spaceship, composed of hundreds of huge "domes", each containing a sample culture from the planet Earth, which has long since died out due to an unknown disaster. The Ark, damaged from an asteroid collision, goes off course and heads into the path of a distant sun, its crew dead. Three simple farmers accidentally find their way out of their dome and must find a solution to the predicament The Ark is in or all of humanity will be lost. As each episode progresses, they move from dome to dome, experiencing the fascination and danger of meeting different cultures, as they search for someone who might know how to save The Ark.".... imdb

here's the 1st episode broken up into 6 parts...
this episode guest stars sterling haydn

[youtube:2fti8809]

[youtube:2fti8809]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKNqTi4x4w[/youtube:2fti8809]

awww, no love for cool ultra-low budget 70's scifi?? :( haha

I forgot all about this show until now.

I sort of remember watching it Saturday afternoons and thinking it's kind of slow moving, but different.
Now, I have to rewatch this show just to see if I would like it now.
Thanks!

Did you know there's also a 3 disc set (that precedes the new complete series set, I assume) made up of 5 feature length movies created using different episodes?

I loved the Star Lost. If I did see this on US tv back then I would have been extremely young and no memories exist of it. I picked up the set off Amazon last year and was hooked. I wish this would have been picked up for syndication. It was a great show. Later on I found out about the UK movie box set and snagged that too, though I never got around to watching any of them

I had very little memory of the series either, which wasn't helped by the fact that I wasn't truly into sci-fi until TNG came around. I could only remember it was some huge ship and fuzzy memories of egg crate decor. :p I'll probably pick up the set sometime.

Back
Top Bottom