• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Spectacular Spider-Man Continued

Hmmm... animation looks quite decent, but I'm not a big fan of the voice acting so far.

Really? I think the voice acting sampled sounds amazing, much better than a few other fan projects (even live action fanfilms)

Are you going to use dialog from other episodes and repurpose it for this to keep the voice acting the same?

Are you going to use dialog from other episodes and repurpose it for this to keep the voice acting the same?
They've got a full on voice cast and I'm pretty sure they've coached themselves to sound just like the official crew

To answer your question! We have looked far and wide to find the best suitable impersonators possible. We’ve filled our cast with almost 1:1 copies.
So no, we won’t be reusing any previous voice lines.
(Even for flashback scenes if there is any. We’d just re-record while using the scene we’re reshooting as a reference)

Last edited:
For anyone interested, there are roles available for the project over at Casting Call, with a deadline of May 31st. You can check out an Emily Osborn audition at the site

Hope they don't mind me sharing what they recently put out on Discord, if not, just drop me a line and I'll remove them

unknown-1.png

unknown-2.png

Could be something coming towards the end of the year or early January according to an update in the YT comments section. :giggle:

Happy New Year, Webheads! Hopefully everyone's holidays have gone well!

We've had an extremely tumultuous year on our end, but the important thing is that production on our movie is still moving along smoothly as possible!!

That said, we realize we’ve been lacking on the announcements recently and want to apologize, but just know that we’re a fan project and most of us are doing this in our spare time, leading to delays in completion of specific tasks, periods of certain staff absences, tending to our personal lives, etc.

We’re so grateful for your patience and support as we try to keep the ball rolling, and we actually were hoping to get our next teaser trailer out near the end of this year, though unfortunately delays and other factors have pushed it back slightly. BUT on the plus side, in addition to some other stuff we have coming down the pipeline, we're hoping to get it out to you guys in the next few months!!!

Here’s to a great (if chaotic) year of production in 2022, and the hope of an even better one in 2023! Cheers everyone!!!

-Source: Their Discord

dude, this is surreal. it's a shame this got cancelled for ultimate spider-man just lke how earth's mightiest heroes got cancelled for avengers assemble.

beware the batman and green lantern animated series also got cancelled. sucks how the good ones get cancelled.

and even if they come back like young justice it's not the same and i'd rather it not come back at all.

A teaser trailer was promised at the end of January...two months went by and there was nothing, so I checked in on Dustin over on the YT channel, his response was very swift

Turns out the social management jumped the gun and thought the teaser would be ready in time for January, but the thing had barely been storyboarded at the time. They're half-way through it now and voice lines have been recorded, but there is no immediate timetable. Dustin is also taking a few months off of the project to recharge his batteries, he's due back in June.

The reason there's not that many updates on community posts is due to needing to consult the other members of the project on what to update anyone with.

I appreciate the updates and wish him well on his time off.

Hey all, Dustin again (on a new account since I was locked out of my old one and since I joined the site for a bit I've changed my email)

I wanted to address a couple of things (I know this thread isn't all too populated so I feel comfortable being more honest about everything)

I have seen only little bits of how production has been going (There's sort of this "embargo" going on with me on break where I'm barred from seeing anything. I've managed to have a handful of things slip under the radar, and without spoiling anything. It looks incredible! I don't know when everything is projected to be done and released but I'm not going to make any guesses) From an outsider's perspective it's not crazy to think everyone's just stalling for time and things are leading to somekind of cancellation (Not unlike the two TNAS continuations from recent memory) but you're getting radio silence because we have all hands on deck, not because we have nothing to show or because we have in anyway given up. It takes alot of time and effort to plan out an advertising campaign for a fan project to this scale. This is also why all of the newer posts on our social medias (Instagram's mainly the only one that's really active at all) are well... There was a clear decline in quality.

So that's that.

Everything below will explain everything leading up to my break as there's a whole bunch that hasn't been stated publicly
If you only care about TSSMC's actual production and not the BTS drama don't bother with the following essay

My break wasn't entirely my choice (It was more a less forced upon me after an argument with one of the other executives, Zarius you can probably guess who since me and this person are known for having our back and forth publicly and in private)

Essentially I was called out for my "immaturity" as I was eager to restructure somethings in production (Primarily the art department)

But I'm going to start from the beginning to give ya'll a clearer picture.

Me and the co-exec had an argument (I forget what about, it was messy though... It was such a regular occurrence where they all just blur together) thus he went and took a break lasting around 2 or so weeks, after a handful of years I finally had a moment where I didn't have to work with this guy who made this passion project feel like pulling teeth. And productivity from my end increased biiiig time, I managed to do both mine and his jobs and it was all going well. I even gave bi-daily "Status report" where I told him how everything was going and progressing. So fast forward, everything's going well and I'm enjoying this newfound independence, and I propose the idea of me and him rather than heading both departments and splitting our heads, he could take management over the voice over department full time and I would do the same to the art department respectfully. This meant in theory we wouldn't have to bud-heads any longer as we would be in two entirely different departments. At first he was for it! Thennnn he wasn't.

I took a hard step back and looked at the entirety of the art department, and thought "Wait a second... This could be better adjusted I think, maybe changing this person from concept art to story boarding and vise versa would help improve the pipeline." I messaged the exec with a message along those lines in which he immediately went "You cant make those calllssss, you should consult artists on that. You're unqualified. " the gist is, he was alienating me from just thinking some changes may be necessary for the department I was specifically meant to be overseeing. Besides the keyword here (as I later pointed out) were that I was "Thinking" I was considering some things. Just because I didn't have any interest on elaborating too much doesn't mean I'm being controlling or overstepping any lines. Then began a long, tedious argument, where I said something in the moment that I ultimately regret (and that he would use against me through screenshots)

He assumed I wasn't bouncing any ideas off of any other team members just because I refrained from doing so with him knowing full well that I simply hate working with him and discussing certain things as it would always always become this heated argument. Truth is I would rather run my ideas past a professional in the industry (Which I should mention we do infact have an actual professional animator with actual experience on the team who I consult with regularly)

He proceeded to pressure me in leave the project outright by mentioning the times in which my passion has sunk (mainly influenced by my personal life, but I'm a teenager, what do you expect? We all have those times in which the world feels like it's falling apart around you, and that's NORMAL.) He took those as evidence that I was trying to get myself kicked out intentionally or some crap. That simply couldn't be any further from the truth yet it's something he insists upon to this day.

I was forced off of the project as ruled by a majority vote (I should also mention that those who were involved in the voting process only spoke with the other exec who used the screenshots he took of me when I may have went off on him and said plenty of things that were irrational, again it was in the moment and I was angry at him which I think isn't that unreasonable given the nature of the argument) maybe the idea of the break isn't so I can "recharge" like what's been publicly stated, it's so I can change and "mature" (By mature they mean change my work ethic and tolerate the individual I despise interacting with) and that won't happen. So there's a good chance my departure will be indefinite but that's something I will try to prevent.

To wrap this up, this in no way will kill the project, there's waaay more people than just me, if one piece falls, the structure won't be crumbling down.

As to the other executive who I have all of this beef with, currently he's blocked from my end and that's not something I intend on ever undoing, no one's really approved of that but really. Me and this individual just cant work together, we've tried for the better part of over two years and I had it.

Also please for the love of GOD don't take this and run with "Oh TSSMC's got some drama going on too, it's another Lotus, TNASC, TNASC (The other one)" or whatever the hell. It's not a big deal and isn't worth anyone getting cancelled over, just because I really dislike some guy on the internet doesn't mean anything unnecessary should happen to them. This is the last time I ever want to discuss this situation ever.

TLDR: Project is still rolling, some dumb behind the scenes drama took place that caused me to take time off the project till June

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom