• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Shadow Strikes!

Those are neat, but what's up with Dick Tracy's head?!

xkm7.jpg

In a similar vein was this excellent fan made video tribute to The Rocketeer:

^ That is soooooo awesome! Seen it several times now, and I smile ear to ear every time. Great stuff! :)

I sometimes wish The Rocketeer had caught on much bigger than it did (not just the movie, but the character in general) You could do so much with him. I mean, come on, sci-fi and gangsters! What a combo! Could've been The Untouchables with jet packs! Haha.

Ripplin said:
I sometimes wish The Rocketeer had caught on much bigger than it did (not just the movie, but the character in general) You could do so much with him. I mean, come on, sci-fi and gangsters! What a combo! Could've been The Untouchables with jet packs! Haha.

Don't forget about Nazis. Everybody loves watching Nazis bite it.

It really is puzzling how it didn't catch on, it has all the pieces: a strong villain with nefarious actions, a good looking leading man with cool gadgets, and a drop dead gorgeous leading lady. Makes you wonder sometimes.

Hymie said:
It really is puzzling how it didn't catch on, it has all the pieces: a strong villain with nefarious actions, a good looking leading man with cool gadgets, and a drop dead gorgeous leading lady. Makes you wonder sometimes.

I agree. It is almost a near perfect adventure film. It also has an amazing inspirational hero score, something many of the recent super hero movies sorely lack. But the Rocketeer is not a brand name character either, so I am not sure Disney really marketed it properly.

Heck, their marketing ruined JOHN CARTER and their campaign for the upcoming LONE RANGER started out as quite a mess too... is it a comedy? An action movie? A parody? A disaster?

bionicbob said:
Heck, their marketing ruined JOHN CARTER and their campaign for the upcoming LONE RANGER started out as quite a mess too... is it a comedy? An action movie? A parody? A disaster?

Probably all of the above.

Not being a movie-goer, I didn't even know there was a Lone Ranger movie coming. Saw a still of Johnny Depp and uh...is it Armie Hammer? in a magazine last night and realized. I would think it's hard to market a Lone Ranger movie to today's generation that has no clue who he is (same for a very, very old character like John Carter, who is from two or three generations ago!), but surely they could do a much better job than they've been doing! Would be hard with other older characters like Doc Savage, The Question, etc... as well, but I'd still like to see more pulp-era stuff anyway.

Hope you don't mind these non-Shadow posts continuing, but they're all sort of related anyway. Haha.

Ripplin said:
Hope you don't mind these non-Shadow posts continuing, but they're all sort of related anyway. Haha.

Nope. Keep'em coming!

I agree, marketing these older characters to the current generation is difficult. I mean these characters were old when I was a kid! LOL! At least The Lone Ranger (unlike John Carter) is more of a recognizable Pop Culture character. Even if you never heard the old radio or watched tv shows, most people know the basic idea and the theme music....?

Yes, Lone Ranger has a huge advantage over John Carter in that people know the name, know Tonto, "Hi ho, Silver! Away!" and so on.

And of course, a lot of people know this...

kemosabe.jpg

lol, well, that's what he gets for calling his sidekick "dumbass"

A THANK YOU to my mate LastSurvivor for taking the time to post a review. :)

For an edit I was very nervous about releasing, it is very uplifting to hear that so many people seem to be enjoying it.

Ripplin said:
Nervous? Why?

I thought the picture quality was terrible and I would be ripped to shreds over it. :-o

bionicbob said:
I thought the picture quality was terrible and I would be ripped to shreds over it. :-o

Wait...did I not mention that in my review?! ;-)

bionicbob said:
A THANK YOU to my mate LastSurvivor for taking the time to post a review. :)

For an edit I was very nervous about releasing, it is very uplifting to hear that so many people seem to be enjoying it.

My pleasure Bob... had a blast watching it :)

Back
Top Bottom