• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Sacrilegious "Good Guy Deckard" Edit

Deckard isnt a hero. Hes just the protagonist. Hes a contract killer that starts to realise this over the course of the film but never truly reaches the point where he is 'good'.

I understand why you want to remove it. I also think it will make the movie a lot less challenging to the viewer.

Some scenes are designed to make you uncomfortable. Hell, indiana jones has that dialogue of Marion being a loooot younger than he when they.. you know. That scene is a far worse offender but i still wouldnt remove it. Its character development.

Totally fair, and this edit is probably not for you if you can watch that scene today and not feel uncomfortable. This is for small audience that does. I can accept this character development in the original, but would rather avoid in in my repeat viewings.

Totally fair, and this edit is probably not for you if you can watch that scene today and not feel uncomfortable. This is for small audience that does. I can accept this character development in the original, but would rather avoid in in my repeat viewings.
Oh, don't get me wrong! I feel uncomfortable. It's a sign your sanity is intact. I personally just don't feel like censoring things that challenge you is a good thing, persé. I like feeling uncomfortable in movies, because it is all make believe in the end. It's a feeling that's intended. American History X makes me feel uncomfortable everytime I watch it. It's the 'good' kind of uncomfortable.

The 'bad' kind of uncomfortable to me are real life situations ruining movies like Kevin Spacey ruining American Beauty with his real life behavior for me or Bill Cosby. Heck I HATE seeing that Weinstein logo on movies I love. Ugh. That said, people can obviously have their own preferences <3

Last edited:
I made a fan edit of an ESL reader adaptation of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? to be closer to the movie for one of my classes and used your edit. My students dug it.

Great work, as always, Wakeupkeo

Thank you @PirateofRohan for taking the time to leave a very kind and thoughtful review! This edit is still probably the one I am most proud of, due to the source material, and for so many reasons you describe. It's not for everyone but makes me SOOO happy it hit right with you.

Back
Top Bottom