- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
The Outsiders novel is one most have to read in American schools. After we read it when I was in school my teacher played the movie. It was strange to me because of where it started, and how it ended. I went home and found out there was an extended cut released in 2005, this version had the beginning, end, and some cut scenes in the middle. It was great! Except... they cut all the great music and released it with 60s rock. This took you out of the experience every time something dramatic was going on, and "let's go to the beach" music played. So, having been editing since I was nine, (starting with my hobbit edit that only now is finished), I replaced the music with the original soundtrack, save a few scenes. Later, and to my surprise I was able to turn the edit in as a high school project, haha. A few years later I revisited the edit, made a few tweaks, and here we are.
- Every scene that has instrumental music replaced rock music.
- When Ponyboy gets mugged a sample of music from a different scene is placed when it gets more intense. I also remixed the sound effects for the scene.
- The shot of Bob's hand has been modified to show more focus on the rings and not the flask.
- The middle scenes kept their music because it fits there for the most part.
- I flipped the shot of Dying Dally so it made more continuity sense.
- The courtroom scene samples music from another scene to replace the music. The dialogue is stripped from the original music, and additional sound effects are included.
- When Soda runs away the original music is replaced with music from a different scene. Additional sound effects are added.
Unedited Courtroom Scene:
Fixed Courtroom Scene:
Fixed mugging scene soon to come!