• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Matrix Revolutions: Reprogrammed

The Blu Ray plays well for me. Well, it started anyway. I watched a few minutes of it. I'm waiting to watch the full movie this weekend when a friend of mine comes to visit. He's a bigger fan of the films than I am. I did catch the easter egg. Nice one! I burned the image using the built in image burner in Windows 7, if that's of any help to anyone.

mofonistik said:
The Blu Ray plays well for me. Well, it started anyway. I watched a few minutes of it. I'm waiting to watch the full movie this weekend when a friend of mine comes to visit. He's a bigger fan of the films than I am. I did catch the easter egg. Nice one! I burned the image using the built in image burner in Windows 7, if that's of any help to anyone.

Thanks for taking the time to report the bluray as working, and double thanks for taking the time to download my film. I'm glad you enjoyed the easter egg!

Iam a big fan of the Matrix series and was really looking forward to this edit. It did not disappoint me in any way,Infact I now enjoy this version much more than the 2nd and 3rd movie. If this would of been the original outcome of the last 2 movies am sure it would of been more appreciated. Amazing work ! Seamless changes between the 2 to make one epic movie. This is a classic fan edit . Well done Jerick !

NuTTy said:
Iam a big fan of the Matrix series and was really looking forward to this edit. It did not disappoint me in any way,Infact I now enjoy this version much more than the 2nd and 3rd movie. If this would of been the original outcome of the last 2 movies am sure it would of been more appreciated. Amazing work ! Seamless changes between the 2 to make one epic movie. This is a classic fan edit . Well done Jerick !

I'm glad that you prefer my version over the original sequels. It's comments like this that made all the work I've done worth it. Thanks also for taking the time to write a review!

Well here it is, the last formerly exclusive easter egg to the bluray release. This deleted scene has no real bearing on the events of the movie, it was just a fun scene to include. I once read a review for a Matrix sequels edit where the reviewer complained that the editor had cut too much Persephone out of the movie. While I was laughing at the comment I was also thinking I wish I could leave more Persephone in my edit as well. So when I saw this scene in the "Enter the Matrix" video game I knew I had to include it. Thanks for watching!

Just to be sure the download went fine, is this the md5sum of the .iso file?
Code:
3976c790c6eb264992c3d9980bc6e8a4

ezzetabi said:
Just to be sure the download went fine, is this the md5sum of the .iso file?
Code:
3976c790c6eb264992c3d9980bc6e8a4

Yep just checked it, it's a match

Found the way, thanks everyone. I forgot to install the AACS keys... But seriously, why this mess? A normal .mkv file would not be fine?

Edit: Unexpected... ``0 of 2 members like this post``... I guess thanking is frowned upon here...

ezzetabi said:
Found the way, thanks everyone. I forgot to install the AACS keys... But seriously, why this mess? A normal .mkv file would not be fine?

I'm glad you were able to get it working, however the bluray iso file is far from a "mess", it is intended for those who would like to add the disk to their bluray collection. I encourage anyone who merely wants a digital file they can play on their computer to simply download the version I have placed on Vimeo. That version is less than 4GB.

When will the second part of the movie be up for watching/downloading on Vimeo?

Thanks for the link. Greatly appreciated.

Finally got round to watching this edit and there's some fantastic work in here. Still in awe of how seamlessly you've trimmed a huge chunk of Revolutions to speed up the pace. It's also great to see some game footage inserted into the right places, as some material really adds to the plot and the side characters.

The Zion siege is very well handled. I couldn't tell where the edits were but it moved much better. Smith's rise in the Matrix also feels more impactful as even though nothing is added, the time cut around it makes it seem more significant.

I have to say I'd still probably cut more than you have chosen to lol, but it's a much better experience than the theatrical cuts for sure.

Just thought I'd bring it up, but one thing that really bothered me about the Burly Brawl was the obvious doubles that didn't look anything like Hugo Weaving.

I only just noticed you added the Ghost/Oracle scene from the game as a post credit sequence. It's a neat addition, funny how this is the only place where we got a definitive explanation for the Oracle's change of appearance.

It struck me that as you cut a huge chunk of Revolutions from your edit, it might be possible to edit this exchange in a way that could make this a conversation between her and Morpheus instead, creatively cutting between her from this exchange and him from their conversation in the film when looking for Neo. It would be a hell of a cheat because they're in different rooms in that apartment, but it might be a nice way to cap the film with a more important character than Ghost.

henzINNIT said:
I only just noticed you added the Ghost/Oracle scene from the game as a post credit sequence. It's a neat addition, funny how this is the only place where we got a definitive explanation for the Oracle's change of appearance.

The post credit sequence I created was more for fun than anything else. I wanted to give the Oracle's change in appearance a legitimate explanation and this seemed like the best way to do it. It was difficult to change what she really said to Ghost in that scene to get her explanation to match the events of my edit. So the editing of that scene isn't perfect and is better suited as just an enjoyable addition. I originally toyed around with your idea of merging it with the scene where she instructs Morpheus but it just didn't work.

I'm glad you enjoyed my edit henzINNIT it's great to see new people are still discovering it. Thanks for sharing your comments and ideas!

jerick said:
The post credit sequence I created was more for fun than anything else. I wanted to give the Oracle's change in appearance a legitimate explanation and this seemed like the best way to do it. It was difficult to change what she really said to Ghost in that scene to get her explanation to match the events of my edit. So the editing of that scene isn't perfect and is better suited as just an enjoyable addition. I originally toyed around with your idea of merging it with the scene where she instructs Morpheus but it just didn't work.

I'm glad you enjoyed my edit henzINNIT it's great to see new people are still discovering it. Thanks for sharing your comments and ideas!

With the extensive work you put in, I'm not surprised you've already considered the option I put forward.

Got around to watch this edit:

Like most people I love Matrix 1 and find the sequels to be a disappointment.

This edit doesn't change that, how could it, it would need a complete rewrite/reshooting.

But this edit at least condenses the two sequels into one and in that it succeeds: It works as a single coherent movie, with the right pacing and structure, great work!

Truth be told, I would have cut even more, for example:
Near the beginning when Neo and co are having a meeting inside the Matrix and Agent Smith knocks on the door and gives out an envelope for Neo, containing his ear-micro-connection-thing. That was a nice moment, but then it was followed by useless, awful fighting between some agents and Neo. This fight, I would have just completely cut out. And likewise I would have cut out Mr. Smith's appearance shortly thereafter that shows that he is now multiple Mr. Smith's, there was no point in that and ruined the surprise later on, so I would have cut out that one as well.

Later on in the movie, when Neo meets the oracle and she tells him about the key-master and then Mr. Smith appears, I would likewise cut out that huge brawl-fight between him and Neo, and merely let them fight very little followed by Mr. Smith's attempt to "assimilate" Neo, who then flies away.

What I want to say is that fights should only be left in when they serve a purpose for the plot. For example the next fight of Neo, where he is fighting against Meowringer's guys, that one had a purpose, namely to let Morpheus and Trinity get the time to escape with the key master, so that one should stay.

Likewise the fight between Neo and the oracle's bodyguard, which served the purpose of making sure it's indeed Neo, that one should therefore also stay.

At the end, the fight between Mr. Smith and Neo could also use some serious trimming, reducing the lame slomo-shots and bad CGI-outings.

Technically this edit is top-notch, it all flows well with no jarring cuts or unnatural feeling transitions... and audio/video-quality seems also top-notch.

So 10/10 for visual/audio editing.

10/10 for audio/video-quality

Narrative: 8/10: Better and more to the point than the original.

Enjoyment: 8/10: Don't like the sequels, I would have given the originals 5/10, so this edit is an improvement.

Just wondering why I didn't see any of the game-footage that was supposedly included in this edit, strange...

Hi NewSpock thanks for reviewing my edit. You're right that the fight at the beginning of the movie doesn't serve much purpose in the narrative. The problem with removing it is that the Matrix sequels (much more-so than the origional Matrix) are action movies and without that fight there is no action for an extremely long period to begin the movie.

There were actually a number of cuts to almost every fight sequence including the burly brawl and the ending. It's just hard to eliminate a significant amount without the cut becoming obvious.

The extra scenes from the video game "Enter the Matrix" are actual scenes deleted from the film and not digital scenes like you might have been expecting. I'm glad you didn't notice the additions because I worked hard to integrate them as seamlessly as I could into the movie. The extra 5 minutes that I upconverted from the video game release were the scenes at the very beginning of the movie and the extra Niobe and Lock scenes in Zion.

Glad you enjoyed it even if it couldn't completely save the sequels for you!

Back
Top Bottom