• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Matrix: Rebellion - Complete - Launch Trailer Available - Out Now

What if a mini movie called Zion was made, what if it could serve as an appendix to the film, what if you could enjoy the mech action in a focused episode devoid of the Matrix shenanigans? Could it work? Would anyone care? Would you want to see it? That isn't for me to say all I know is choice is but an illusion, there is no do or do not, it simply will be.

What if there was a green pill?

Right then. Removing the Zion assault has reduced the run time by 20 minutes!

Current runtime: 3:13

im currently exporting a rough 720p workprint which I will watch and determine if I can save any additional time. I'd love to have this down to 3 hours but I don't believe imposing an arbitrary restriction, the edit is as long as the edit will be.

I'm a bit Matrixed out at the moment so if anyone would like to lend their services as a previewer that would be most welcome.

im currently exporting a rough 720p workprint which I will watch and determine if I can save any additional time. I'd love to have this down to 3 hours but I don't believe imposing an arbitrary restriction, the edit is as long as the edit will be.
As a professional editor, this please. American studios get so squeamish at anything longer than 1h30m;
even if they have a 3 hour film that feels like 2, they will lose their minds.

It's just so hilarious to me how America is the only country in the world that can't handle a film longer than a couple hours...
...yet European films are regularly up to 7 hours long and nobody bats an eye 😂

if anyone would like to lend their services as a previewer that would be most welcome.
scott-pilgrim-you-know-me.gif

OK so @Jrzag42 is currently previewing this and their initial feedback back is very positive. All being well this should be getting a March release.

Polish_20220224_080110868.jpg

Current runtime: 3 hours 11 minutes

Key changes:

Reloaded
  • Neo's dream truncated
  • CGI of Neo flying removed
  • Kid character minimised
  • Zion Rave removed
  • Zion political angst minimised
  • Burly Brawl removed
  • Merovingian's Cake removed
  • Persephone's kiss removed
  • Trinity's bike jump moved
Revolutions
  • Partial scene cut to facilitate a smooth bridging sequence
  • Preparing for the Zion assault cut
  • The entire first wave of the Zion assault cut
  • Some additional Zion angst cut

Last edited:
I had to watch this edit across 3 days due to my current work/sleep schedule, but alas I finally got to the end last night.

No technical flaws that I noticed, but that's only half the battle. As far as enjoyment... This might be my new ideal way to watch these movies.
I have yet to watch any other Matrix sequel edits, and while I definitely plan to down the line, from what I gather they all seem to have spawned from a disdain for these movies whereas Malthus' edit has come from a place of love. Not to say that they're not both valid, but as a lover these movies myself I was intrigued by this. So while others try to cut these movies down to a length akin to the first Matrix, Malthus didn't bother to reach a certain runtime. There are plenty of scenes that would be cut by other editors, and I'm so glad that he didn't take the approach of cutting everything possible. The edit breathes, it's at its core the same movies that you know and love (or hate), but now flowing as one film, with only the truly worst bits removed, or in some cases not the worst but just scenes that are distracting or detract from Neo's story. There's no Burly Brawl, and I honestly don't miss it, this shows that it's not actually needed, and its removal makes the ending fight from Revolutions stand out more.
Reloaded in general is my least favorite of the trilogy, and a good chunk of it is cut that I don't miss whatsoever, I can now hardly remember what was in the missing scenes. I don't know exactly how much was cut from Reloaded, but at the 1 hour mark I paused the edit and checked the original film to find that the first hour of the edit makes up the first hour and 40 minutes of the film proper, so there's at least 40 minutes cut that go unmissed.

There's probably a lot more I could say about this edit, but let me cut it short and say this: The edit us perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom