• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

THE MATRIX EVOLUTIONS (V3 DVD-9 Now Available)

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Glad to hear it!

I may have asked this before, but any chance of getting 5.1 audio for version 3?

Regardless, I'm hoping to finally find time to watch version 2 this weekend.

The final cut of the Burly Brawl from the V3:
[youtubewide:w05zvw8p]

So I finally watched version 2. It was pretty good. Not great, but good.

I can't fault the quality of the edit. Good A/V and technical editing. And I have to say I ***loved*** the ending. Having the Matrix start over again (the seven version, if I understand correctly) was a great way to end. It would have been interesting to mirror the shot where Neo leaves the Architect's office, so he chooses the door to his right instead, then cut to your ending with the Matrix starting over. I don't know if I would have preferred that, but it would have been interesting.

Having said all this, the editing choices were a bit of a mixed bag for me. It's nothing I can put my finger on (I'm a terrible reviewer), but much of the movie didn't flow as well as I was hoping. And the build up to the end felt a little incomplete. For example, Neo and Trinity crash into the machine city. Neo gets out and walks to where he meets the giant machine, and it sends him to the Architect. I like that bit. But what happened to Trinity? The Architect says she entered the Matrix to save him. But unless I missed something (quite possible), we don't actually see her in the Matrix again. Nor do we understand why she was in the Matrix. How would it save him?

Part of the problem with all the Matrix sequels (including the fanedits) is that you need to watch a few times to understand what is going on. At least I have to (I'm not very bright, keep in mind). Even then, I'm still not sure I follow everything. So it's possible I may have missed some stuff in this edit. I'm sure I need to watch this again (which of course I will do for the cutlist). I'd love to hear your explanation of the events in your edit. Wasn't there going to be a commentary or text file or something where you talked abot the plot? I'd love to read it.

I should also mention that I missed the action that you cut out of Reloaded. I know much of the action is overstuffed and hokey, but screw it, I love it anyway, and I missed it. But I certainly understand why you cut out what you did.

So, I'd say that it was a worthwhile watch, but for me it doesn't quite reach the level of enjoyment that DoctorM's edits did. And while it won't be my go-to version, your edit certainly was interesting! And again, loved that ending :)

TV's Frink said:
But what happened to Trinity? The Architect says she entered the Matrix to save him. But unless I missed something (quite possible), we don't actually see her in the Matrix again. Nor do we understand why she was in the Matrix. How would it save him?
The editing of the whole "Choice Between Two Doors" and "Trinity 'entering' the Matrix" deal was intended to be Neo's final test (in order to enter the Source):
I never believed in the filmmakers' view that Neo would've sacrificed himself to save Zion at the end of "Revolutions" and I also thought that Neo's greatest flaw in the two sequels was that he cared more for and valued Trinity over than the rest of humanity. Due to these and other things, I felt that Neo truly wasn't "The One" and that he needed to fail at the end of the story. The Architect's choice is based off of illusion and simulation (like the Matrix itself) - it really doesn't matter whether or not Trinity is alive/dead or she's in the Matrix or not (although if you listen carefully to Smith's "Everything that has a beginning" speech, you might hear something curious with his last word...), what matters is the choice that Neo makes and the concequences of that choice.

TV's Frink said:
Wasn't there going to be a commentary or text file or something where you talked abot the plot? I'd love to read it.
Yeah, I'm back into looking at making a commentary track (either an audio track or subtitles) - I ended up having too much information for the "About This Edit" pages that it would ended up over 12+ pages of info on the DVD.

It's been a while since made any updates here, but yes, the V3 cut of The Matrix Evolutions is now available via RS. :)

After some thought, I decided to first release the new cut as an XVID-AVI version, since I realize that there'll probably be many people that don't want to download an entire DVD-9 in order to see what's been changed from the previous versions of the fanedit. I will also be making a DVD-9 release, but since I'm uploading the rar files myself this time around, it'll be a while before that version is made available (since my upload speeds are kinda slow).

For those that have seen the previous V2 cut, here's what's been cut/changed for this final version:
- improved video quality for the "Enter the Matrix" scenes

- removed the "guard mech" scene from the Neb's return to Zion

- removed any and all scenes/subplots involving Link and his wife Zee

- removed the Temple gathering and Councilor Hamman's speech

- removed the Oracle's "Didn't come to make a choice, you've already made it" scene

- further edited the "Burley Brawl" fight sequence down to 4 minutes and 40 seconds

- added a new scene of Niobe and crew flying in the Logos to find Morpheus, which was altered from a scene from "Enter the Matrix" (placed between the "Smiths" walking away and the Neb being attacked by Sentinels)

- further cuts/edits to the "Freeway Chase" sequence (mostly with Morpheus's fight with the Agent)

- added a new scene of Niobe and crew recieving a "help" message from Morpheus (taken from "Enter the Matrix")

- added back Bane's "inevitable" line (making it the only time that "Smith" says that in the film)

- more cuts/edits to the "Battle for Zion" sequence (removed the "rocket artilary" and Zee's battle scenes)

- the "Architect's Choice" sequence have been improved, with some scenes being extended thanks to video compositing

I'll have to download this soon. Regardless I have nothing but the utmost respect for you Jason in reworking those two Matrix sequels into a better single film sequel to The Matrix.

The DVD-9 Release of the V3 cut of The Matrix Evolutions is now available via RS.

Many thanks to elbarto1 for uploading this for me.

[MENTION=32760]davidwong[/MENTION] - If this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

Back
Top Bottom