• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Last TV Show/Episode You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

Almost done with S3 of Madalorian. I've never been a huge fan of it but this season is the weakest one yet. Seems to be a lot of filler without very much else going on.

I loved the first two seasons, but I have only made it halfway through season 3, and I agree so far. I honestly believe that this show peaked at the season 2 finale, and in a lot of ways, maybe it should've ended there.

What's even more upsetting is that Disney just announced they're making a Mandalorian movie. I have little faith that it's going to be anywhere near as good as the first two seasons were.

I loved the first two seasons, but I have only made it halfway through season 3, and I agree so far. I honestly believe that this show peaked at the season 2 finale, and in a lot of ways, maybe it should've ended there.

What's even more upsetting is that Disney just announced they're making a Mandalorian movie. I have little faith that it's going to be anywhere near as good as the first two seasons were.
I agree - I'm not really excited for the movie.

I would say I am in the minority (and this is probably a conversation for another thread) - I'm not really a Dave Filoni fan. Everyone gets so excited about him and thinks he should be in charge of everything Star Wars...but I don't really get the hype. I watched select episodes of Clone Wars - and I will say that was good (I wish it were live action, I have a hard time with the animated stuff) but the story was great. Other than that, I haven't been impressed.

People are so quick to dismiss the sequels - I find a lot of things to criticize in the Filoni stuff that people seem to love. Am I crazy I think the sequels are better than any of the TV shows (except Andor - love that)?

I agree - I'm not really excited for the movie.

I would say I am in the minority (and this is probably a conversation for another thread) - I'm not really a Dave Filoni fan. Everyone gets so excited about him and thinks he should be in charge of everything Star Wars...but I don't really get the hype. I watched select episodes of Clone Wars - and I will say that was good (I wish it were live action, I have a hard time with the animated stuff) but the story was great. Other than that, I haven't been impressed.

People are so quick to dismiss the sequels - I find a lot of things to criticize in the Filoni stuff that people seem to love. Am I crazy I think the sequels are better than any of the TV shows (except Andor - love that)?
I’m with you. I like the first season of Mandalorian (well I like a lot of s2 as well but felt that they totally robbed the main characters of their arc conclusion by having a knight in shining armor swoop in). Andor and Rogue One are the best post Empire SW for me. I think the ST could’ve been great if it had concluded the arcs set up in TLJ. I’m not a fan of TLJ because of the execution (poor structure, lazy writing tricks [it’s a new Force ability!], and humor that just didn’t work for me). But the basic story idea was the right way to go IM(very unpopular)O.

I’m with you. I like the first season of Mandalorian (well I like a lot of s2 as well but felt that they totally robbed the main characters of their arc conclusion by having a knight in shining armor swoop in). Andor and Rogue One are the best post Empire SW for me. I think the ST could’ve been great if it had concluded the arcs set up in TLJ. I’m not a fan of TLJ because of the execution (poor structure, lazy writing tricks [it’s a new Force ability!], and humor that just didn’t work for me). But the basic story idea was the right way to go IM(very unpopular)O.
Oh I'm with you too on the sequels - I'm not going to sit here and say they don't deserve criticism - they do. There's a reason so many of us are trying to fix them...haha!!

But I just don't see the same level of complaints about the Filoni shows as I do with the sequels. Like - I find the mechanic lady in the Mandalorian extremely annoying - or I didn't really like the idea of zombie stormtroopers - or I thought Thrawn was a bit of a disappointment after reading the Heir to the Empire books when I was a kid (I didn't watch Rebels). I just don't see the nitpicking of everything that the sequels get.

Rant over - let's get back to talking about TV shows - haha!

I will probably regret posting this, but I was probably the only person on earth that liked The Rise of Skywalker. I don't think it's better than, say Season 2 of The Mandalorian, but I liked what they were going for after the ambitious disaster that was The Last Jedi. A lot of my problems with the sequel trilogy stem from Episode VIII, which did a great job at unintentionally showing the downsides of risk-taking. I've actually done my own fanedits of the sequel trilogy back on originaltrilogy.com, and it's quite ironic that the longest film in the sequel trilogy became the shortest one in my trilogy.

I have tried to get into the Star Wars TV shows after Mandalorian. I tried getting through The Bad Batch, and while it was okay, I was never invested in it enough to finish season one. Since then, my interest in TV shows from Disney Plus has gone down the tubes. It's hard for me to care about much of what Disney's been doing lately, and given their troubles, I don't think we're alone in this.

Back
Top Bottom