• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Last Duel - The Chronological Cut

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MEEVABU_o.jpg

Ridley Scott's Last Duel gives us some interesting opportunities for editing work. Not only the narration is non-linear, but we see same things from various POVs - so, what if we try to transform it to more linear narration, choose one of those viewpoints, or mix them together, to get a different take on this story?

--------------------------------
- All scenes have been re-ordered chronologically
- if there was more than one version of a scene, one was selected
- in some cases, different versions were mixed
- some scenes have been cut for better transitions / flow
- some non-essential scenes have been cut as well
- added new color grade
- added new title card

1080p, english 5.1 and polish 2.0 voiceover audio tracks included.

Final running time: 124 minutes

Last edited:
Good stuff ... i had a similar idea but as usual no time to accomplish it. I loved the music during the the last duel sequence...please do not change that ;) I'm subscribed.

How about making an alternative French language dub with English subtitles :D to make it more authentic. I have done this previously adding the German track to Malick's A Hidden Life and Tom Cruise's Valkyrie - which i also changed to black & white. I also added the Russian track to Red Sparrow. I know the lip syncing can be off putting for some people but i just can't stand English language- if a film is based in a foreign country. I would love to incorporate a Ukrainian / Russian track to the Chernobyl series but i can't find a bluray with suitable audio. Anyway lets get back on topic.

Good luck.

Even if I try some re-scoring (which is possible), it will be done only as bonus alternate audio track.

How about making an alternative French language dub with English subtitles
Unfortunately, my Blu-ray doesn't have french audio track so I can't do that.

And here's re-color sample:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited:
And here's re-color sample:
That's beautiful. Why do studio's go to the expense of making such beautiful costumes and props and then spew all over them with the dreaded modern teal. I can't be too down on the colour of The Last Duel because that is the way Scott wanted it to look...but when he changed the colour of Blade Runner it did my head in....it looks like Wim Wenders is now doing it with the new release of Paris Texas by adding a urine yellow over the top...FFS i wish they would leave the grades alone.

I just had a quick look at the German Bluray & 4K and it looks like it has a French track..maybe i'll import it and make an alternative track myself ...if you don't mind of course.

Last edited:
I've just spent something like 4 hours editing it, and ended up with 123 minutes long version. There were some choices to be made between alternate version of scenes, and a couple of scenes that didn't have alternate versions were also dropped in the process.

It seems like this is almost done, probably will submit it before end of the week.

I'm looking forward to your cut, and I love this color grading. Would it be possible to save this as a LUT or something, so it could be applied to the theatrical version too?

Frankly, I have no idea how to do it (recoloring was done in Vegas btw).

Poster in higher quality:

Last edited:
Thanks, but I really cant find a patience for video tutorials that elaborate on details instead of being straight to the point answers (especially as a non-native speaker).

It's (probably, cause I';m not sure if my project file was saved at the end and I don't have working files on hard drive anymore to check out how it looks)

Color Corrector: Low 132,58; 0,1724, Mid 130,03; 0,1036, High 123,27; 0,1519,
Saturation 0,918, Gamma 1,007; Gain 1,116; Offset 1,728
Color Balance - Mid/High/Shadows red+10, Blue -20;
Brightness 0,034, Contrast 0,116

or something like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom