• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Last Airbender

The movie currently has 40 ratings/reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, of which 38 are "rotten". The rating clocks out at 5%... I expected the movie would fail, but this hard?

A review on ainitcool.com(not Harry Knowles) is calling this 'A hate crime against all film lovers'.

M. Night continues his unstoppable slide into oblivion. I guess he only ever had three or four good films in him, and now he's happy to make crap. (I have to assume he's happy with the last few he's made, otherwise why would he keep repeating his mistakes?)

Uncanny Antman said:
(I have to assume he's happy with the last few he's made, otherwise why would he keep repeating his mistakes?)

Maybe he tried to do something else with this last one, but it ended like something he did not really care for?

I sense a new challenge for an edit in a month when Airbender is released on DVD. :grin:

thunderclap said:
I sense a new challenge for an edit in a month when Airbender is released on DVD. :grin:
I'd be hard pressed to believe anyone is a "fan" of this one.
To anyone who has seen this: does M. Night have a cameo on this one? I would see it just to laugh at that. :lol:

killbillme said:
To anyone who has seen this: does M. Night have a cameo on this one? I would see it just to laugh at that. :lol:

He probably plays God.

The sad thing is that a cameo of him could possibly have been the best part of the entire movie.

Yes. It's that bad.

thunderclap said:
This movie needs a fan edit. I just saw it yesterday (paid for a different movie, didn't support the production) and it was truly astonishing that something so incomplete would ever be released into theatres. 25 - 40 minutes of the movie was cut just before theatrical release, resulting in an incomprehensible mess. Nearly all of that removed footage was from the trailers and promotional clips, meaning you see nothing you may have been looking forward to. An entire sub-plot and main character were removed. Every scene is no more than three minutes long with transition to the following scenes done through narration. At one point it says several weeks passed and that one of the characters is now in love with another, and the main character has been training and is now really good. Really?

There's almost zero chance that there will be a complete DVD with any deleted scenes, and the dialogue and acting is not something you'd want to see more of, but this is a challenge that anyone should want to take on. Whether the movie can actually turn out bearable is the question this site should ask.

(A thread devoted to deleted scenes/shots and speculated removed scenes/shots can be found here for the interested)

killbillme said:
He said he wouldn't have one but there's a Fire Nation soldier that highly resembles him and has one line that's seen in about 2 seconds of one shot.

killbillme said:
TV's Frink said:
I'm not passing judgment in either direction, as I know nothing about this series, movie, or casting issue (this thread is the first I've heard of this). But isn't M. Knight Indian?
you can be any race and still be a racists. Apparently we're all built with the capacity to hate anything.

I hate racists. They're always making generalizations about other people's cultures. Those racists... they're all the same."
~ Pope John Paul II on Racism

"Man I hate Danish people! I hate all Danes! Why? Because they are such racists!"
~ Swedish person on the neighbouring country of Denmark

"There are two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures; and the Dutch."
~ Nigel Powers on Racism

might be a little off topic. dunno.

i hate racism too

BUT

let´s all hope than germany is gonna send those damn arrogant steak eaters back home!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG! i´m excited! only fucking 10 minutes to go!!!!!

let this cocaine sniffing fatass of a coach roll in his own tears!!!

SCHLAND!!!

Cracked.com said:
FAIL

:razz:

[youtube:3p4gp1to]

Hey, McDonald's made a better Last Airbender adaptation than the movie! And they got bending right too!

How much does your film have to royally suck elephant ****s when even the original creators of the franchise that you're adapting completely disregard and ignore your work?

What did you guys think of the live-action version of "The Last Airbender"?

Konietzko: We're just really focused on this new show right now, and kind of taking this off in its own direction and not concerning ourselves with that right now.

So you didn't follow the casting controversy about the movie version of "The Last Airbender"?

Konietzko: We didn't head up that film. We're just happy to be back generating the original content in this mythology, which is what we do
Source: Speakeasy - 'Legend of Korra': The 'Avatar' Creators on the New Spinoff

Yeah, now that the movie's been out and failed in so many ways they're free to be more openly dismissive of the entire experience. They certainly can't come out and say exactly how they feel about it, but they aren't being as positive as their contracts dictated they had to be. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom