• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Kung Fu Kid (The Karate Kid 2010)

fastng

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i think this movie was looked down upon simply due to it being tied to the karate kid franchise by name.

i think this movie being called the kung fu kid allows it to stand on its own merit and be judged separately while still acknowledging the karate kid. just not riding on the former's coattails. (similary with battlefield hardline, a popular video game franchise)

the mom even calls it "kung fu" and he corrects her saying it's karate. ironically, being from the states, it would make more sense for her to call it karate, and him correcting her saying "mom, it's not karate, it's kung fu".

this still allow for the comedic moment and it fit the movie with the new title, cultural, and mom/son dynamic.

so for now, my head canon is that this is called The Kung Fu Kid. (also allows the 2010 being dropped from the title, and the The separates it from Kung Fu kid from 2007)

Back
Top Bottom