• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Kung Fu Kid (The Karate Kid - 2010 edit)

Sorry Kev, i plum forgot about the cover, here is what i've come up with far
kungfukid4example.jpg

Thoughts?

What's that between his legs?

:p

Get your head outta the gutter Frink. But i wonder about that too, i can remove that part from the image if need be.

Shut up Frink. Just shut up :p

Rogue-theX said:
Sorry Kev, i plum forgot about the cover, here is what i've come up with far
kungfukid4example.jpg

Thoughts?

Hmm, I'm not sure. It's hard to think too much without there being much there yet. I did have more of a Red & black theme in my head (primarily red). And for the font of the title, I was trying to stick to the classic font (Haettenschweiler) and layout used in the original. Here's the title as it appears in the film:

kungfuexample.jpg

But really, the background I can see working well (maybe a longer gradient so it doesn't go to black so quickly), as well as the figure (though I'm not sure it should take up so much space). I don't think I like the bordering though at all.

Thank's Kev, I went ahead with you suggestions (thanks for mentioning that font, i like it!) Here's what i got so far, if you want, a completely black background will look pretty cool too, or i could do two: one with the textured background and one just black. (sorry, couldn't remember what texture i used for the background the first time)
kungfukid6.jpg

EDIT:
Heres how the black bg one could look
kungfukid7example.jpg

I believe I prefer the top one. How does it look if you flip the background on that one so that the gradient runs from black at the top to gray at the bottom? Also, can you see what it looks like if you give the background (keeping the texture) a red color and give the figure a black (or the gray) coloring?

The effect with the picture in the bottom one is just too much IMO and difficult to make out. I don't mind other colors, just the red/black was a general theme.

Cool. I tried out your suggestions, let me know what you think : ) I think the spine fe.org logo being red is a no-no, maybe it should be grey? just so it better matches the rest of the spine.
kungfukid8example.jpg

Hmm, the picture on the left is much better now. I'm not sure my suggestions helped much outside of that though. I think the black at top works fine, but the red background doesn't work that well, so I think going back to the gray background and red (or maybe black?) figure would work better. I think the Fan Enhanced at the bottom shouldn't be red though, black is fine if the background stays black at the top, perhaps gray or white if black is at the bottom in the background. Or maybe not have the Fan Enhanced part on the front and keep it very simple (maybe put it at the top on the back? Above the picture).

I think the cover as it is now looks good. Maybe just add some text below the back image but looks pretty solid to me. Then again it's not for my edit, just throwing my two cents in.

How about something like this? I ended up not flipping the black gradient, just left it the same as last time as it provides the blacks of the back cover image so that the transparency of that image blends in smoothely with everything, but, if need be, i can still flip the gradient
kungfukid9example.jpg

Thanks for the couple 'o cents frantic ;-) I was short for timbits :D

I haven't had Timmies in so long. Now you got me craving them. :lol: The new cover looks great too. If I could make a suggestion though? Maybe lower the text on the back so that it starts just below the image instead of on the actual bottom of the image.

It's starting to come together.

I'm slightly torn on the figure on the front. I fear if he were red it would be too much on the eyes (unless you change the color of "A KEVINICUS FANEDIT"), and as it is now, it stands out enough that it's easily visible, but I'm still not sure it's ideal. The layout is great though (maybe slide the figure just a smidge to the right?).

On the back I agree with FC about slightly lowering the text. I think the color of the text is going to have to be changed. In a large font size, the red is ok, but the smaller it gets the more strain there's going to be for the eye I think. Perhaps a light gray or white (this part might work better if the gradient were switched back). You could insert a black rectangle slightly smaller than the picture on the back to maintain the blacks for the picture. I know you still need to throw in all the other info and such at the bottom of the back.

Btw, when this is finished, would you be able to make a blu-ray version with what you got? Probably just have to shrink the figure on the front a little to account for the different dimensions, and change the DVD to a blu-ray logo. The rest should be pretty easy to adjust.

Thanks guys :)

Hows something like this?
kungfukid11example.jpg

Whoops, missed it, what are the proper dimensions for a blu ray cover? the disc label dimensions are the same yes?

The spine is thinner on blu-ray as well.

The disc would be the same as a DVD.

I like where the cover is going. Only thing I think I might change on the most recent one is the Digitally fan enhanced part. Maybe keep the "FAN" part red and the left and right halves match the rest of the lettering on the back? Outside of that it looks like it's finished once you get the credit stuff and whatnot added in.

Yay! Someone did watch this, and rated it too.

Anyways, some updates:

DVD and blu-ray cover/disc art is now available (Thanks to Rogue-theX). See the gallery section for that info.

I will start uploading the AVCHD today and the blu-ray (or at least an AVCHD requiring a BD-R) sometime later this coming week.

The AVCHD will have a very slight difference from the DVD. It'll be about 2 seconds shorter with one minor cut slightly changed.

It was me who watched and rated it. I enjoyed it quite a lot, but I didn't write a review because I have never seen the theatrical version (disclaimer: one is required to own the original DVD, not to watch it) so I didn't have anything to compare it to. It did play very close to the original 80s Karate Kid, though, which appears to not be the case in the theatrical version of the remake. A look at your cut list reveals that you got rid of a lot of garbage. Will Smith's kid sucks, and so does his "mom", but that's not your fault at all.

Video and audio quality were very good (I watched it on my computer so no Cinavia issues). However, I think there's a flash frame around the 1h 1m mark, when Mr. Han calls Dre, who's watching the snake woman, to show him the yin/yang fountain. Otherwise, no one would say this is fanedited!

I'll have to check on that.

I hope there's no flash frame there since there weren't any cuts made around that area.

Back
Top Bottom