• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Hunt For Gollum

steelio2006 said:
i transferring both Born of Hope and Hunt for Gollum onto dvds. have the 720p mp4 for both of 'em. Born of Hope even has commentary, which is pretty sweet. While Hunt for Gollum has Behind the Scenes and a Visual Effects Reel (sadly no commentary)
Are you planning to release them?

is there an interest for that? would it be okay to release them on here? cause if there is. i'll release 'em.

Edit:
i talked to blueyoda and he said that he'd have to ask Reave about it. so we'll see what happens. i don't think i've seen anything here like this before. (though, ihaven't been around that long, so there may have been) but if everything works out, it'd be really cool to see this turn out. there are some others i think would be pretty cool to consider making dvds for (with the cast and crew's permission of course)

Release them! Release them!:peace:

Well if i do release them, whether here or over at Preserv website. What would you guys like? I know you'd probably not want just a bare bones version.

I'm grateful that people think it's sweet idea to release them. I'm gonna try and get a hold of the producers and directors and get their opinion and ask for permission. I don't know if i shall succeed. But there's no harm in trying, right?

If it works out and they approve, i have an idea or two to ask them to see if they'd be interested in helping out with. Which if it works out (once again if) then it'll be something really special i believe.

And how would you guys like the dvd menus? Cause I'll take a try and make menus for it. I'll probably even start a thread on here as i would a fanedit (tho it'll be in the fanfilm section) and keep everyone updated bout it.

Gaith said:
Anyone seen Born of Hope? 70m is a long stretch for a fan film...

Yes; given the ambitious nature of its subject matter, I found it to be very well realized. It is well worth the download.

Adding up a lot of the bonus features of Born of Hope, Ive found that it's at least 2 hrs of behind the scenes. Then there's the film that's an hour and commentary. So this may end up being a 2 disc set for Born of Hope.

Would you guys enjoy seeing the podcasts that showcase the behind the scenes?

So far, the disc for Hunt for Gollum (as of right now) has an hour and twenty minutes on it. 40 of it being the film. than the rest is behind the scenes.

Since fan films are by definition copyright-free, I don't see as there'd be any reason to object to the free proliferation thereof...

That's the way i'm looking at it as well. However, I'm trying to reach The Hunt for Gollum Director and Producers to see if they would like to help out possibly. I know it's a long shot. But there's one thing that I'm thinking is missing for Hunt for Gollum and thats a commentary track. So we'll see what happens there.

There might... but they wouldn't really be fan edits, would they? Where would you list them?

wouldn't be listed on the website. in the past, links for fan films were just posted in the thread (like this one). Not sure what the current admins want to do.

well till then, i can always just send the links to people that pm me. that's an easy way for me. cause i'm still waiting to get an account over at preserv. which is where this would go more than likely. i have disc 1 done. dvd menu isn't anything big but i'm happy with it.

Born of Hope has commentary with the director and lead actor. Hunt For Gollum is just it's bare bone version. so for any of those people out there that are interested, feel free to pm me and i'll send you the links.

steelio2006 said:
cause i'm still waiting to get an account over at preserv.

what do you mean you're waiting for an account? did you register for the forum or the main site? the forum doesnt require any authorization to my knowledge.

i tried registering on there. however, i got a message saying that it doesn't authorization.

steelio2006 said:
i tried registering on there. however, i got a message saying that it doesn't authorization.

I don't know what "it doesn't authorization" means.

can you be more specific? which site are you try to register to? the main site or the forum?

and what exactly does the message say?

trying to register over here http://preserv.22web.net/

this is the message that pops up.

User Name and Password (The password should be at least seven characters long) send to avp(at)live.co.uk

Please put "Register Membership at Preserv.co.cc" in the subject.

OK, well did you do that?

The registrations for the website and forum are not linked. Registering to the website is not all that important, except for leaving comments. I strongly suggest you register to the forum, and participate there where applicable. No authorization required.

Every time I try to register for the forum that comes up too. I tried that as well.

I would recommend releasing it on preserv as well, especially since (in my opinion), that's basically what they do.
Bring stuff together that's extremely rare, hard to find, not in official releases, etc...
In that light, I recently suggested the Star Wars Retrospective series on GameTrailers
to AvP for another preserv DVDR, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

I'd gladly PM you if that's necessary too.

EDIT: Holy Moly! The 720p Born of Hope is 1,05GB :faint:
Those guys really put some work into it, haven't they.
At work right now, so couldn't watch everything, but the Hunt for Gollum really reminded me of the -at times- heartfelt LOTR soundtrack.

i watched both Born of Hope followed by Hunt for Gollum. both thought they were well put together adn awesome. and they do fit well with Kerr's LotR edits. Which is what we ended up watching Book 1 last night. Onlly one more book to dl and get. And that's book 6. may just do a custom dvd for that one with a making of the LOTR trilogy special if i can find it somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom