• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Hunt For Gollum

Definitely the 2nd version, the blue looks a little out of place.

wow. those are some pretty sweet ideas for dvd covers and everything.

everything has kinda taken the back seat cause I've been on the hunt for a job. (since I lost my last one) so all my focus has been going on that.

The second one looks good to me too. Thanks for the information, Zeppelinrox.

th4g3.jpg

?????

(Not tryin' to steal your thunder zep)

that looks cool,
more natural like it was designed together,
though the titles on the front cover are a bit difficult to read, maybe some shadowing?

hhhmmmm.....
maybe too dark now....?
because the back cover now loses that map/paper parchment quality....
maybe transistion the shadow from darker to lighter moving from the front cover to the rear...
if you know what I mean? So the front cover looks like pic 2 but the back cover like pic1????

Hey no worries Rogue.
I'm actually flattered that you wanted to tweak it.
I really like the idea of adjusting hue of the front cover to match the back and spine.
However, it may bee too much of the same hue, through and through?

I actually like your first one better than the second.

But I do like the hue of my original back cover best because it looks more natural to me.
In photoshop, I put the map on top of poster 7, and for the map's layer style, for blending options, I chose Hard Light and slid the opacity stlider up and down. For awhile I had it ad 65% opacity but thought it may be too bright so lowered it to 55% opacity.

Here is what it looks like at 65%.

Heh, well, whatdoyaknow, it actually matches the spine better... lol.

I played a bit more with the front but I can't think of anything right now to make it blend in better...
Tho I did steal the gold title text from poster 2

Edit: Ok.. not sure about it tho....

I have to agree, the second one looks great Zepplinrox!
A nice balance with the front and back covers,
and the the title is easily readable.

I actually like the first of the two, zeppelinrox. The second has too much of the same color for my liking. I agree with bionicbob: the title is a little hard to read. Perhaps you could add a drop shadow.

EDIT: Well, it looks like I agree with bionicbob as far as the title goes. :-D

I tweaked the brightness/contrast of the front a little so it doesn't actually look like a colour overlay is used and also to blend the bottom left corner better.

Then I tweaked the brightness/contrast of the spine to blend the dark part of the cover even better. Erm... I think the top part of the spine matches better with the back cover as well. lol
Oh, while I was at it, I added the bevel/emboss/drop shadow deal to the title. I matched the highlight colour and angle with the light coming into the cave.

Captain Khajiit: Of course, 2 options for covers can't hurt none :)

Oh yeah, the images in this post arent as sharp as the first ones... I mistakingly saved the damn psd at 1000x671 then resized it back to 3240x2175.

goddammitsomuch....

If this is a good cover I will have to redo it.
Well, mostly I know what I did. Mostly.

(did ya get the Aliens reference? Didja?)

I mostly got the aliens refrence. Mostly.

Either cover is good, and the titling stands out much better now.

here's a thought, have you considered making the front cover art bigger and have it include the dvd case spine, instead of having a seperate piece of artwork for the spine?

bionicbob said:
here's a thought, have you considered making the front cover art bigger and have it include the dvd case spine, instead of having a seperate piece of artwork for the spine?
I like this idea better. Looks kinda weird to have a totally seperate piece of art for the spine. IMHO. :D Just a suggestion, if the front title "The Hunt For Gollum" is on it's own seperate layer, then maybe you can take the front cover and do a horizontal flip of the image. To me the part where the light shining down and the rock wall meet, looks like it is about the same width of the spine!

I felt it better to post here (as opposed to Gaiths fanedit thread), but any chance of making the good audio available by itself? Would love to mux this back into the 720 mp4 for viewing on my TV.

Throw: Sure

bionicbob said:
Actually, at first I had put that gollum pic on the spine because I thought, "hey cool, he's hiding on the spine." Just for shiggles.

Anyway, I redid it all.
Expanded the edge to cover the spine via the patch tool, clone tool, spot healing tool, sharpen... you name it... lol
I also fixed the forehead/wall where the website address was. Now it doesn't look like something was removed.

Looks great! And by expanding the pic to the spine both versions work equally as well IMO.:)

Back
Top Bottom