• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Haunted World Of Katie Featherston

Whispers said:
Frantic gave me an advance copy of this as well to watch.... My girlfriend actually watched it first and really liked the pacing of it better..

I finally sat down to watch it last night and can fully agree (keeping in mind I've always been a fan of the original) that taking out those 12 minutes not only made the movie more enjoyable but helped immensely with the pacing... It seemed like it was a pretty easy edit as far as trimming goes as most of the scenes in the original are fade cuts anyways but it was pretty seamless.. Video/Editing Fanedit Rating 8.5/10

If you're a fan of the original then I'm pretty sure you'll find this a more enjoyable watch... The 12 minutes removed really makes a difference and yes Micah comes off as a generally nicer guy (for the most part)... The flow of the picture is improved without feeling rushed... Movie Rating 8.5/10

OVERALL RATING 8.5/10

I too liked the bare bones menu and had no issues with it... Just waiting for decent Artwork and this is going up in the DVD shelving unit...

Thanks for the review Whispers. I'm glad that both you and your girlfriend enjoyed it. I do have one question though, if you don't mind my asking. Why only an 8.5/10 for the editing? The edit doesn't contain any hard or jarring cuts, audio or video-wise, and is completely seamless. Was your decision for the 8.5 based on a technical standpoint, like Neglify's was?

Neglify said:
Since the edit hadn't been put on the site proper yet, Whispers was probably not aware that the page existed.

Did I miss the deadline? I thought Tuesday was new release day.

Frantic Canadian said:
Did I miss the deadline? I thought Tuesday was new release day.

Today is Tuesday. Updates should be done today. I know you have been patient, but it should be up today.

Yeah I wasn't dissing the cover at all lol.... but also didn't know about the secret page...

Frantic...

Sorry I should have clarified better... I was using same type of basis for the scores as Neg....

I did want to look at one cut on my original dvd but didn't get around to it... I couldn't recall if that was a quick edit from the movie or if you actually shortened the scene : The bead making scene has a cut in the middle... Was that you or them (originally lol)

It just stood out to me...

Neglify said:
Today is Tuesday. Updates should be done today. I know you have been patient, but it should be up today.

:sorry: I didn't mean anything by it. I just didn't know when during the day the updates are done.

Whispers said:
Frantic...

Sorry I should have clarified better... I was using same type of basis for the scores as Neg....

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

Whispers said:
I did want to look at one cut on my original dvd but didn't get around to it... I couldn't recall if that was a quick edit from the movie or if you actually shortened the scene : The bead making scene has a cut in the middle... Was that you or them (originally lol)

It just stood out to me...

That quick cut is in the original film. The only things I trimmed were the messages at the beginning and end of the movie. All the other cuts I made were full scene excisions.

Frantic Canadian said:
:sorry: I didn't mean anything by it. I just didn't know when during the day the updates are done.

Coo. :hug:

Watched this a second time tonight. It was much more enjoyable a second time around. The pacing is a lot better than the theatrical version without losing much from the character development (which is admittedly 80% of the film).

Enjoyment rating on IFDB upped from 8 to 9

Thanks [MENTION=7230]TheFoo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17386]Vultural[/MENTION] for your reviews. Glad you enjoyed the edit. :)

This would make a good "background" movie for the Halloween party,
rather than the creature feature cliché.

Back
Top Bottom