• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Fellowship of the Ring BOOK CUT

I finally got registered for the forums.

Anyway, to set the record straight, Phil and I had been collaborating on a final publishable set of "book cuts" that we could both be proud of and be enough to call it done with. While we were almost finished with volume 1, Kerr published his re-edit of book 1. Phil and I were both impressed, and soon discontinued the whole thing.

Then Phil, Kerr, and I collaboratively put together a 2.0 version of the Sharkey Purist edits. The first of these just was released, and TTT and ROTK will come shortly afterward too. These are intended to be a complimentary set of edits to Kerr's book cuts. That way you can choose to watch a "Purist" version in either "book" or "three film" format.

They're still not perfect, but these 2.0 versions are a much better set of edits than their predecessor. For one thing, Kerr raised the bar and made some major creative contributions that he let us "rip off." (All's fair in fan editing? We gave him equal crediting, and are really just interested in putting together as good of a fan edit as we can.)

Hope you all enjoy them, and I'm sorry we left you hanging about the "other" book cuts that never got finished. There's no need anymore, thanks to Kerr. :)

P.S. Sorry to just "dump" huge downloads onto you guys every once in a while. This is the first time I've actually entered the forums. Plus, I really don't take anything "political" into consideration. I put together a fan edit the way I'd like it, which includes DVD quality, and publish it to the internet community in the only way I've previously known how: over bit torrent.
This time the edits will be up on Rapidshare too, and will come in a smaller MP4 version too.

I'm still confused as to the differences between this and the Sharkey's 2.0 release. If I was going to grab only one, which would you recommend MORE???

The "Sharkey" edits are in the three-film format. Like the infamous TTT Purist Edit that's been floating around the internet for the past few years.
The "book cuts" were intended to be more along the lines of what Kerr ended up doing. Get the Sharkey 2.0 edits. There's no point trying to get the "book cuts" since we aren't finishing them anyway. Because Kerr's exceeded all expectations and can't be topped. (Not that we'd want to!)

My prescription: watch Kerr's when you want a just-like-the-book experience in six parts, and watch Sharkey's 2.0 when you want to watch them as three films.

Thanks for the info. I'll indeed end up getting the Sharkey's 2.0 edit, but I think I'll wait until a DVD version has been uploaded to Rapidshare.

I hope you find it enjoyable!

It will be a while before RS has the DVD version, but it will eventually happen.

By the way, does anyone actually know who the original "purist editor" is?

Back
Top Bottom