• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Dark Knight

Sepharih said:
As much as I loved Batman Begins, I'm still REALLY struggling with this Joker. I'm trying to keep an open mind for now...but it's really different direction than I was thinking of.
Do you know who Ed Gein was? He was a real-life criminal who murdered 2 middle-aged women, and engaged in necrophiliac behaviour (ie he would masturbate onto his mother's corpse - cut off the skin of his victims and place them over his own parts - especially genitalia... etc). He was abused as a child, and he was an anti-social loner. He kept human skeletal parts and organs around the house.

Tobe Hooper looked at Ed Gein and thought "Leatherface"... Thomas Harris looked at Gein and thought "Buffalo Bill"!

^Is your point that people look at and interpret things differently? No dispute there, but we all still have our own personal preferences for how these movies should be done (what site is this again :) ). As voodl stated, he still prefers the Tim Burton version of the Batman character himself.
Thus far, Nolan?s interpretation of the Joker just isn?t doing much for me.

Right Sepharih!.....its comic book for sake!...

Dark Knight Footage Debuts at Wizard World
Source: Wizard Universe August 11, 2007

As some expected, Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. decided to save the teaser footage from the upcoming Batman sequel The Dark Knight for Wizard World Chicago, because after all, that's where the film has been primarily shot. Wizard Universe had someone there who got to see the footage and posted a fairly detailed description of what was shown. Here are some excerpts with a SPOILER WARNING in full effect for the images and information described:

The footage started with a silhouette of a dark figure in front of one of Batman?s armored vehicles before quickly cutting to Bruce Wayne and Alfred delivering the brief lines heard in the ?Dark Knight? teaser trailer.

?Some people just want to watch the world burn,? advises Alfred before the camera jumps to Batman in action on the Batpod, the new iteration of his motorcycle.

The action built up as the Joker was seen in full for the first time with a mess of white face, smeared red lipstick and sweaty, straggly green hair. Apparently, the clown prince of crime gets arrested at one point in the film, as the montage presented Jim Gordon (complete in SWAT gear) at the Joker?s booking, saying, "no prints, no ID, custom clothes, no tags.? The clown smiles with what appears to be blood over his face from the inside of an interrogation room.

Checking back in with Bruce Wayne, the billionaire playboy has a brief scene with Eckhart?s Harvey Dent where he says ?Rachel?s told me everything about you.?

?I truly hope not,? responds Wayne.

The footage sped up at that point into an intense montage of action, featuring the following clips:

- The new batsuit rising up from a trap door in the ground and held in a chain metal case.

- Rachel Dawes (played by Maggie Gyllenhaal) close to an unidentified man either kissing him or being threatened by him as the camera rotates around them.

- The Joker and Batman battling in close quarters (possibly a hospital room). Batman throws Joker over a table and crashing into the ground while the clown smiles at him. It should be noted that the Joker was done up in his signature purple suit.

- Plenty of big, bold Batmobile action including a shot where the tank-like car drives through a wall of flame. In fact, flames were pretty much everywhere in the footage as it appears Joker does actually make the world burn.

- There is also a shot of a somewhat grim-faced Joker walking across a city street mercilessly firing a machine gun as well as a television close-up of the Joker laughing hysterically.

- Two major additions to the speculation that Two Face will appear in the film came in the form of a single shot of a spinning 50 cent piece and the final image: after the action montage has slowed down, the camera cuts to a bartender looking at Harvey Dent, whose only onscreen presence is his left shoulder and a bit of a reddish-purple scarred neck. ?Dent! I thought you were dead!? the man gasps, to which Harvey replies, ?Half.?

edit:
another description:

The footage showed Heath Ledger as the Joker, battling with Batman in several scenes. As we've seen in preview images released of Ledger in full Joker make-up, the actor's face was mutilated and painted in an eerie white with a sloppy red giant smile across the mouth. His hair in some scenes was obviously green and in one clear face-on shot, black make-up around his eyes was visible and make-up seemed to be oozing down his face.

The Batmobile was shown at the beginning of the trailer, but soon we got to see Batman riding on his Batcycle. Included in the footage was the first meeting between Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent, Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth talking to Bruce, a shot of Batman standing on the corner of a building overlooking the city at night, Bruce Wayne kissing a woman that must have been Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes, several scenes of Gary Oldman as James Gordon, Joker dancing with a resistant Rachel, a fire truck burning on a street, a few fiery car crashes, a
coin spinning like a top, and the Joker on what appeared to be television.

But the kicker was the last moment shown, where the back of Harvey Dent's head was visible, and it looked like one side of his face might be mutilated, although it wasn't really showing very well -- and a character was looking at his face saying, "Dent? Jesus, I thought you was dead."

The new Joker looks like Robert Smith, after a long night of drinking... :)

euh... I thought you all knew it was a fake. It's an oldie.

messenjah14 wrote:

"The only original Batman is the 1966 one! "

that is true..
have you ever listen to the commentary from Adam West and Burt Ward?
it is so funny.......... :D :razz: :-D

But when SPORTS came out in '83 I think they came into their own... commerically and artistically.

New Joker pic:

What this reminds me of:

Not the first time that's happened.
whyheathisthejokerahhcrsb3.jpg

BrandonCrow317x242.jpg

Now that is just too similar.

w00t, someone posted a pic of one of my edits. That's ALWAYS awesome :)

Really looking forward to this. :smile:

(only hope they didn't add a romantic subplot like they did in the last film - why are they always putting romance in every Batman movie?)

Back
Top Bottom