• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Dark Knight screws the Blu-Ray-less

I think it just downscales everything to 480i
everything still maintains its aspect ratio though.

I agree its not worth upgrading if you dont have HDTV - my oldschool TV took a shit back in late 2005 and I figured I may as well upgrade so I went HD back then. Being an avid gamer and A/V enthusiast basically forced my hand w/ the PS3 - hell, I even have a HDDVD player add on for my 360 :?

elbarto1 said:
hell, I even have a HDDVD player add on for my 360 :?

How does that hook up? Would I be able to use it on my regular computer, not having a 360? The only HD title I have is Star Trek Remastered Season 1, and the only reason I'd want the HD drive is to view the extra features on there. I saw the HD 360 drive in Toys R Us for $40, but if I have to have a 360 to use it, then it's still a waste.

That isn't too bad then. I remember asking a guy at Best Buy what would happen if I hooked one up to my regular tv and he said it would be like watching the movie with the zoom button on. That really turned me off on the whole idea but I guess I'd have to try it. Maybe get my buddy to come over with his PS3 and hook it up to test it out. I already have Iron Man and Halloween, the original which came with the recent box set, on BD so it would nice to know if I could at least watch them properly. Blu-Ray players are coming down in price, I can get a Sony one at Best Buy for I think 225$ or 250$, so it could be worth upgrading. I mean I paid 280$ plus tax for my first DVD player, it was a Samsung, back in 2001 so paying 200$ or so for a player that'll do HD isn't that bad. Only problem is it wouldn't let me play my non-region 1 DVD's but I could always leave my regular player hooked up.

I can get an LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD player for my PC for I think 150$ at Best Buy. I was thinking about picking that one up because I have some HD DVD/DVD combo discs which I picked up brand new for like 6$ when HD was on the way out but I don't have enough ram on my PC plus I really don't like sitting at the computer to watch movies. My monitor isn't HD but at least it's 16:9.

Ziz said:
How does that hook up? Would I be able to use it on my regular computer, not having a 360? The only HD title I have is Star Trek Remastered Season 1, and the only reason I'd want the HD drive is to view the extra features on there. I saw the HD 360 drive in Toys R Us for $40, but if I have to have a 360 to use it, then it's still a waste.

I think you need the 360 in order to hook it up.

HDMI cables are not necessary if you have component video and digital audio cables already.

Back
Top Bottom