• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Dark Knight Returns

Bailey

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

A minor edit of The Dark Knight Rises

Spoilers for the Dark Knight Rises...
(I'm not fully spoiler tagging this, because... if you haven't seen it you shouldn't be reading this at all) :)

I really like this movie, the least of the Dark Knight trilogy, but I do like it a lot.
I was never crazy about the ending though. To be more specific, that fact that Batman survives even though we see him fly away with the bomb. How and when did he get out of The Bat?
When Batman is flying through the city with the bomb, he shoots a building, it explodes, he flies over the river, over the bridge and flies out into the bay. During all of this, it shows him in the cockpit a couple different times. When did he get out?
To remedy this, I made a couple very small trims. Right before he blows up the building is the last time we see him in The Bat. The two instances after this that we saw him in the original, have been removed. So, later when we see him alive, we are to think that when he blew up the building, this was when he ejected, or jumped out, or whatever he did to escape. He is still on land, and all the other buildings can hide that he escaped, so getting out then and there is very plausible. And blowing up the building was a nice little distraction too.

So, like I said, a very minor edit.

BUT...

I think @DonkeyKonga mentioned doing something with the bomb timers in his edit. I'm not sure if he actually did, seems like I read that he abandoned that idea?
Since that was on my mind during my watch through, it stood out to me how little time they had in the end. So I did some work on the timers. The initial 11ish minutes becomes 19:30ish. The second 11ish minutes becomes 18:30ish. A couple of the shots of the timer in the middle are removed. A couple stayed the same. The second to the last one that was 1:30ish (when they are all standing around talking) becomes 2:30ish. And the last one, the last couple seconds, stays the same. This keeps the urgency but makes it a little more realistic.

So my very minor edit is a little more complicated, but still pretty minor overall.

Last edited:

A minor edit of The Dark Knight Rises

Spoilers for the Dark Knight Rises...
(I'm not fully spoiler tagging this, because... if you haven't seen it you shouldn't be reading this at all)

I really like this movie, the least of the Dark Knight trilogy, but I do like it a lot.
I was never crazy about the ending though. To be more specific, that fact that Batman survives even though we see him fly away with the bomb. How and when did he get out of The Bat?
When Batman is flying through the city with the bomb, he shoots a building, it explodes, he flies over the river, over the bridge and flies out into the large body of water. During all of this, it shows him in the cockpit a couple different times. When did he get out?
To remedy this, I made a couple very small trims. Right before he blows up the building is the last time we see him in The Bat. The two instances after this that we saw him in the original, have been removed. So, later when we see him alive, we are to think that when he blew up the building, this was when he ejected, or jumped out, or whatever he did to escape. He is still on land, and all the other buildings can hide that he escaped, so getting out then and there is very plausible. And blowing up the building was a nice little distraction too.

So, like I said, a very minor edit.

BUT...

I think @DonkeyKonga mentioned doing something with the bomb timers in his edit. I'm not sure if he actually did, seems like I read that he abandoned that idea?
Since that was on my mind during my watch through, it stood out to me how little time they had in the end. So I did some work on the timers. The initial 11ish minutes becomes 19:30ish. The second 11ish minutes becomes 18:30ish. A couple of the shots of the timer in the middle are removed. A couple stayed the same. The second to the last one that was 1:30ish (when they are all standing around talking) becomes 2:30ish. And the last one, the last couple seconds, stays the same. This keeps the urgency but makes it a little more realistic.

So my very minor edit is a little more complicated, but still pretty minor overall.

I did change the bomb timer by actually calculating how long a chopper (assuming that's how fast the bat goes) would take to get the city clear from the blast and fallout.

So I changed the bomb timers to reflect this. Incidentally this also means batman could actually have survived since he could have jump out quite some time before detonation.. And just swim back I suppose. So I kept him alive at the end.

Last edited:
I did change the bomb timer by actually calculating how long a chopper (assuming that's how fast the bat goes) would take to get the city clear from the blast and fallout. So I changed the bomb timers to reflect this. Incidentally this also means batman could actually have survived since he could have jump out quite some time before detonation.. And just swim back I suppose. So I kept him alive at the end. I'm glad to hear I inspired you! But I did do that myself too.
I read through your change list and it doesn't appear that we took the same approach, our edits are very different.

It's called the dark knight ascends if you're interested. Not a light edit at all in my case.
Yeah, I know your version. I had the link for it, but before I got a chance to download it you announced that you were making some changes, so I waited. And later when I went to take a look at it the link was dead.

I read through your change list and it doesn't appear that we took the same approach, our edits are very different.

Yeah, I know your version. I had the link for it, but before I got a chance to download it you announced that you were making some changes, so I waited. And later when I went to take a look at it the link was dead.

Oh PM sent. I know our methods are different and tbh I really like your approach of removing the shots of him in the Bat, I'm just saying I did end up changing the timers and didn't abandon this idea. :D

A couple clips of my timer changes.

deleted post... but it doesn't let you delete a post
The gallery is meant for IFDb edits. Since this isn't submitted yet, the artwork was not approved for the gallery.

Just watched over the ckios. The music jumps out of beat on the second video when the cut occurs. Are you planning to redo the sound here?

The gallery is meant for IFDb edits. Since this isn't submitted yet, the artwork was not approved for the gallery.
Yes, I know, I was just doing some testing of what can and can’t be added to a post. I didn’t realize that a post couldn’t be deleted. It is kind of odd, you should be able to delete a post/comment, even if in that spot it said something like “comment deleted by user” or something.
Another thing that is odd, and the thing I was testing, is that even as an approved editor I can’t add artwork to a thread without having to use an outside website. I get not allowing newbies to add things, but established editors should be able to add whatever.

Just watched over the ckios. The music jumps out of beat on the second video when the cut occurs. Are you planning to redo the sound here?
It sounded good in the edit, maybe it’s a glitch in the upload? But thanks for pointing it out, I will double check that before the final render.

I thought it was supposed to be ambiguous whether Batman survived or Alfred imagined it.

I thought it was supposed to be ambiguous whether Batman survived or Alfred imagined it.

'So, later when we see him alive, we are to think that when he blew up the building, this was when he ejected, or jumped out, or whatever he did to escape.'

He removed the shots of batman in the bat flying over the ocean to achieve this. So when batman exits the bat is ambiguous, not his survival.

I never got that impression, for a couple reasons.
One, they clearly, purposely mention the autopilot being fixed at the end.
And two, perhaps a little more subtle, Selina Kyle is there when Alfred sees Bruce at the end. Alfred didn't know her, and what he did know about her was through stealing the pearls. His mind would have no reason to put them together at the café. He had no idea of any kind of romance between them.

But since you mention it, it piqued my curiosity, so I did a little Googling. I found this https://www.indiewire.com/news/gene...e-at-the-end-of-the-dark-knight-rises-103287/ where Michael Caine said "Yes, Alfred Really Did See Bruce Wayne & Selina Kyle At The End Of The Dark Knight Rises."

In my defense, I only saw the movie once a few years ago, so my memory's a bit hazy.

Back
Top Bottom