• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Clone Wars: Refocused [Complete] + Season one subtitles!

I see what you're saying, and I'm a big Plex user myself so I understand the need - but I don't think I can make this a priority. I'll definitely put it on the list of tasks, but I think that continued polish and release of new episodes should come first! That said, if you (or anyone else) wanted to submit appropriate content, I could include it!

RELEASED - S05E06 - Fulcrum of the Force (V1.0)​

SPOILER WARNING:​

This ‘episode’ contains MAJOR SPOILERS for Star Wars: Rebels!
It is intended as a RECAP in advance of the Ahsoka show, for people who have already watched Rebels.

• SORT-OF RELEASE VERSION. I might refine this based on feedback, but it’s complete and well polished. Perfectly viewable.
  • A new optional movie-length aftermath to TCW:R, set during the Rebellion, numbered as season five episode six.
  • (Note: This pushes the Maul coda to become s05e07 now.)
  • Comprising the original REBELS episodes The Siege of Lothal, Future of the Force, Shroud of Darkness, The Mystery of Chopper Base, Twilight of the Apprentice, and World Between Worlds.
  • Running 1 hour 45 minutes.
  • DOWNLOAD LINK is in the tracker spreadsheet, PM me for access.
  • Note: It’s recommended that you download this before watching, rather than streaming it directly from Google Drive.
This movie-length episode is the complete story of Ahsoka from Star Wars: Rebels. I’ve skipped only a little of her content (where she’s just around, or helping recruit Rex), but all of her relevant character development between Clone Wars and the Mandalorian/Filoniverse-era is here. In particular, we focus on her discovery of Anakin’s fate, and her struggles with that information.

SPOILER WARNING: In order to tell Ahsoka’s full story, I also included the ‘flashbacks’ to her season two storyline featured in the season four episode World Between Worlds. These also include major spoilers to a key Rebels plotline.

Either way, I did this because I wanted to tell the complete Ahsoka story from Rebels, because it’s really fun and powerful to consume it in this way. That makes this a little unique, and because of that uniqueness and the other related spoilers, I would not recommend this for a first-time viewer. People who’ve already seen Rebels would probably have a blast with it though - I think it’s a worthwhile story told in an intresting way.

I haven’t really deviated from canon, but in amalgamating episodes from across a whole season into a full standalone narrative a few scenes are now recontextualised as referring to other events, and many events in this timeframe are skipped. It’s a focused recap!

Anyway, I also included as many relevant scenes as I could relating to the events of the Clone Wars, including a few great lines of dialogue (that really hit well when in focus like this) and a lot of Inquisitor content (especially the one where they’re pursuing force-sensitive kids). I didn’t include a couple of notable TCW-related episodes - Always Two There Are (which is set on an old Clone-Wars-era medical station) and The Last Battle (which features a lost droid army) because they don’t feature Ahsoka. Also notably, I’m not including the episodes where Rex joins the crew, or where he and Kanan reminisce, because they’re not Ahsoka focused.

Noteworthy changes:

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW​

I also recommend you don’t read this - just go in blind and let it do its thing!

• This episode is dressed up as an episode of TCW:R, but once I’m sure it’s finalised, if there’s popular demand, I might take away my conventions and use the more classic Star Wars style.
  • This episode is titled ‘Fulcrum of the Force’, after both Ahsoka’s codename and the World Between Worlds. Anakin and Ezra are also arguably fulcrums (points about which many things rotate, and which with enough force can cause great shifts), and are this movie’s other main characters.
  • We cold open on Ezra entering the World Between Worlds. Lovely, moody introduction to the story, with lots of great dialogue from across the franchise (including the very first line focusing on children) and what appears to be a bookend structure. Without context, this could just be a force vision or something. Ezra even asks “why are you showing me this?”, which is cute. He sees Ahsoka facing Vader, and screams “No!” before-
  • The opening crawl positions us during the reign of the Empire, and gives context on Phoenix Squadron, Kanan and Ezra, Ahsoka and Rex, and Vader and his Inquisitors. Rex is already with the rebellion (so we can skip his introduction, assuming he and Ahsoka stayed in contact after Revenge of the Sith) and is searching for a new rebel base (so we can trim that content), and Vader is closing in on Phoenix Squadron, allowing us to open on-
  • From the very end of The Siege of Lothal, a trimmed high-intensity action scene of Vader attacking Phoenix Squadron. The Ghost crew (and Ahsoka) get in their ship, fight Vader, and Ahsoka and Vader sense each other. Phoenix Squadron lick their wounds, and Vader and the Emperor talk about hunting down the remaining Jedi.
  • From Future of the Force, pretty much the full episode. The Inquisitors capture a force sensitive kid, and in researching Vader, Ahsoka catches wind of it. The rebels move to rescue the kid, and Ahsoka fights off the Inquisitors. I’ve removed the Inquisitors getting the Garel clue, since in this plot the rebels are already seeking a new base (and the Inuisitors magically track them to Lothal in the original anyway).
  • From Shroud of Darkness, we skip the early fight with the Inquisitors (which in the original only serves to remind us they exist), going straight to Ahsoka and Kanan deciding that to fight them they need Yoda’s advice. Onward to the remainder of this episode, with Yoda giving the Malachor clue, Kanan meeting Yoda in a place that looks a lot like the World Between Worlds, and Ahsoka getting a vision of Anakin which confirms his identity.
  • A five-minute breather takes us to The Mystery of Chopper Base, where we meet Rex and he introduces the base. I’ve reordered the scenes I’ve used here to make it clear that they’re just here for a breather before heading off to Malachor - Kanan and Ezra are wrapped up in last-minute training, Kanan and Hera talk about Kanan leaving, Ezra says goodbye to Zeb, and Ahsoka tells Ezra it’s time to go. Closing shot on Morai, then we iris wipe to-
  • From Twilight of the Apprentice, we’re now on the way to Malachor. The whole two-parter plays out in full, with all the Maul/Ezra/Inquisitor/Kanan/Vader/Ahsoka stuff, with two major changes:
  • Firstly, I’ve minimised as much as possible of those bloody ridiculous helicopter lightsabers. This was a challenge, but I think I’ve pulled it off, with most of it turning into just large leaps, and the one really obvious one (where the Inquisitor dies in helicopter mode) happening offscreen (after he’s cornered we cut away to Ezra who hears the scream).
  • Secondly, I’ve put in the ‘flashbacks’ from World Between Worlds into their proper place in the timeline. This begins with a little intercutting, extending out the Ahsoka-Vader fight while Kanan and Ezra fly away. Future Ezra rescues Ahsoka into the WBW (where we saw him without context in the cold open), then we see the immediate conclusion of present-Ezra and Kanan leaving and the temple exploding, before waking Ahsoka in the WBW.
  • I didn’t show any of Ezra watching Ahsoka vs Vader from his perspective, though I could have, but I think it would have left the viewer confused. It’s still very clear what’s happened, as Ahsoka ends up in that same space Future Ezra began in. Having more of his perspective in that moment would have taken away from the real drama in the present, I think. The device I ended up using, of Ezra watching events via the cold open, only to reveal he’s actually able to interact (at the point where a viewer has nearly forgotten that cold open) I think is the most elegant, and also suprising and fun.
  • Ahsoka and Ezra then explore the WBW, with the majority of content present, though I trimmed most references to Ezra’s future timeline experiences - we need to know that Kanan died, but we don’t need the links to DUME the wolf, or what’s going on on the other side of the portal. They still see Kanan die (Ahsoka gets some important characterisation here), and of course encounter Palpatine. The only context Ahsoka gets from this is what Ezra tells her - we never see the other side. I reordered the escapes (now Ezra gets out first, so we can linger on Ahsoka after), and then it’s back to the present for all those lovely conclusions set to lovely music, to wrap it all up.

This episode was a whole lot of fun to produce, and if it’s what you’re looking for I think you’ll really enjoy it.

Ever so curious to check this out. I think I sent a PM. Hopefully I can get pointed in the right direction for the spreadsheet

WOW! I'm 7 episodes in and this is just fantasticcccc! The highlight for me is that music cue when the episode title is shown... ugh brilliance! The ahsoka theme is just so good, really great.

@EddieDean I have a minor suggestion, could you add the TCS: Refocused logo for every episode intro instead of the original logo. To separate that this is way better then the original tv show.

(the Refocused logo that's on the fanedit poster)

@EddieDean I have a minor suggestion, could you add the TCS: Refocused logo for every episode intro instead of the original logo. To separate that this is way better then the original tv show.

(the Refocused logo that's on the fanedit poster)
Dunno. For me. This IS now Clone Wars. I truly am enjoying this journey watching it this way. Don’t think I’d go back.

It's a fair thought, but (1) it'd require re-rendering every single episode, which would take weeks, and (2) I like the idea that the viewer can consider this 'The Clone Wars'. The project is 'Refocused', but the show is 'Clone Wars', if you get me.

@EddieDean well then this is definitely the definitive, most perfect way to watch the clone wars. im actually invested into the story and appreciate the characters now then "please end cringe... oh no it's half of the episode".

I'm also excited to watch what you do with the final season (currently on season 2). it was definitely the best season of clone wars (w/ the improved animation and mostly good storytelling) and would have probably been the best tv season i watched, except for 2 characters ruined that trophy... the martez sisters. im not gonna rant about them as that will take an hour long novel to finish and you probably heard it. hope they are majorly improved here and thanks for making this edit to this now shiny golden masterpiece :)

Thank you for saying!

The Martez sisters are divisive in a way I'd rather not discuss in any depth here, but I do share some of the common frustrations. I've trimmed 25 minutes from their arc, to remove a lot of redundancy, filler action, and inconsistency in their characters. Unfortunately their most facepalm moment (dumping the spice) is necessary for the story, but I've made a lot of trims to make their characters more sympathetic and ultimately heroic at the end rather than petty. I hope you'll at least prefer this version over the original (which, to be honest, has had to be the goal for a few 'necessary' episodes).

@EddieDean also will you be doing a refocused version of star wars: rebels? the first season had some pacing issues and there was alot more annoying child humor overall. also i hated how thrawn (the most op star wars character ever, and my personal favorite) was defeated but doubt you can fix it by only editing.
thrawn was defeated by flying space whales... im not trolling that's how he really lost (the most op star wars character ever created)

Last edited:
I don't plan to edit Rebels, because (1) it's much more serialised and even the weaker content generally leads to later good stuff, and (2) it's already been tightened up over on OriginalTrilogy.com by g00b as 'Rebels: Refocused'.

As for Thrawn, he does not die - his transport away via the space whales sets up his return in the upcoming Ahsoka series.

oh cool, i check it out after finishing this edit then. also you right, he didnt die. my enjoyment of rebels did (Ahsoka and thrawn were the only decent things I enjoyed)

If one were to watch this the "recommended" way, are all episodes complete? Are there any you are updating that I need to check up on later? Thx for all your work on this.

The recommended route is completely complete! There are a handful of teeny tiny tweaks I might make in those, but nothing significant. Treat it as totally complete!

RELEASED - S04E01C - THE ANCIENT ARCHITECT (V2.0)​

• RELEASE VERSION.
  • This is a BONUS episode that is NOT part of my recommended viewing order! It is for those wanting a little additional Ahsoka focus, but is not vital.
  • This is numbered as episode 4C of season three - fitting between s04e01 and s04e02 if you want to watch it. (A future 4B would go before it, but that’s even less important.)
  • Comprising the original episodes A Test of Strength, Bound for Rescue, and A Necessary Bond.
  • Running 62 minutes.
  • DOWNLOAD LINK is in the tracker spreadsheet, PM me for access.
  • Note: It’s recommended that you download this before watching, rather than streaming it directly from Google Drive.
By somewhat popular request, here’s the Younglings arc, one of a few bonus ‘not quite vital’ episodes. This one continues Ahsoka’s development solo, as a teacher, and as a lightsaber combatant - though it’s technically nothing too new for her character. It does give us some competent and threatening Grievous, which is always nice to see. But mainly I decided to work on this one now because it features Huyang, who we know from the trailer will return in the Ahsoka show. We now, arguably, have all of the key Clone Wars episodes that’re relevant to the Ahsoka show included in TCW:R.

Anyway, this isn’t an amazing episode, but it’s not terrible. It features those Jedi padawans, who are fairly annoyingly childish, but ultimately OK in small doses. It’s always good to see Hondo, and the story is perfectly decent if a little light on emotional investment.

Those familiar with the source material might note the absence of the ‘Gathering’ episode. Sure, it sets up those kids more, but they are not our main characters. (Ahsoka is, and where they reflect her training they are, but otherwise, they’re very unimportant to the focus of the Clone Wars - especially since the spinoff show that was going to feature them never got made.) And the Gathering (whose only familiar character is Yoda), and what comes after (this episode), are really two different plotlines. I will, naturally, one day produce that Gathering episode for the people who really miss it, but I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone who’s really willing to put up with kid focus just to get more of a feel for how Jedi get their crystals.

Anyway, this one’s fine, and it means you’ve got maximum Ahsoka out of this show.

Noteworthy changes:

• This episode is titled ‘The Ancient Architect’. The episode doesn’t have much of a core thread to pull on for a thematic title (other than maybe something about passing on knowledge or Ahsoka being at her peak as a Jedi, but both of those felt a bit loose), and I figured, really you’re watching this for the Huyang angle, and this sounds cool.
  • Regarding placement, I think it belongs here, with peak Ahsoka character maturity before her fall.
  • Notably, that puts it out of order with the other Hondo/Florrum content, so I’ve used the crash of the Slave 1 to explain Hondo’s base’s damage in the Maul episode I brought forward, and the money he gains in that Maul episode to explain the repairs.
  • I used the opening crawl to give us a bit of a late-game update to the state of the war, remind viewers of Ahsoka’s side role in training Jedi (which I’m trying to emphasise in this edit), to set up the Younglings’ situation in this episode, and to explain what Hondo’s been up to and is planning.
  • The first episode plays out pretty much in full - I figured it’s OK to have the kids show wonder at building their lightsabers, and be a little rougher once the combat kicks off.
  • The second episode plays out mostly in full - I just cut a scene where Hondo threatens captured Ahsoka (for a second time) to remove his references to kidnapping Dooku (in a horrible episode I’ve cut from TCW:R) and the uncomfortable implication Hondo makes in another line.
  • I’m not a big fan of the travelling circus subplot but it’s necessary, so had to stay, and I let the kids keep their goofiness here since it’s a somewhat competent plan and reflects well on Ahsoka’s training.
  • I trimmed a lot from the opening action scene in the third episode, to tighten it and remove kid goofiness.
  • I also removed Dooku threatening Hondo by hologram - he references the cut episode again, and doesn’t deliver on his threat, so now he doesn’t appear at all, leaving Grievous as the true threat to conclude the arc.

I have watched Clone Wars a number of times on my own, and even tried restructuring the episodes on my own to create a more natural flow. This edit though is by far my new favourite way to watch the show, and it is what I will be showing first time viewers from now on! You have done an amazing job with this edit!

The only episode I mainly struggled to watch was the Mortis arc episode. Althgough this was never a favourite arc of mine, I did appreciate what it did for anakin's character and the prophecy, and I felt that your cut of the mrtis arc cut out too much of the motives behind the son's actions and left me confused at who the Mortis god's were. I do personally enjoy though how you cut out Anakin seeing his future and his very random turn to the dark side as it felt unnecsassry to me in the original show, cutting this out preserved the mystery espeically for first time viewers of the Star Wars franchise which I appreciate, but I did feel that almost too much was cut out of this episode despite that.
I noticed that you had an extended version of this episode planned, and was just curious on how soon that would be coming? I understand as this is an extended episode it wouldn't be a huge focus as of now, but was mostly jsut curious if there was a planned time as of now?

As I stated earlier though, this is a brilliant edit and you should be very proud of the evident hard work you have put in. I'll be sure to reccommend this to many people.

Currently I'm finishing up another project, after which I intend to return to TCW, and extended Mortis is probably the most popular request so it'll be top of the pile. That extended version will, most likely, just be the original presentation (wrapped in TCW:R aesthetics), rather than an all-new middle ground.

I'm so glad you're enjoying the edit!

Currently I'm finishing up another project, after which I intend to return to TCW, and extended Mortis is probably the most popular request so it'll be top of the pile. That extended version will, most likely, just be the original presentation (wrapped in TCW:R aesthetics), rather than an all-new middle ground.

I'm so glad you're enjoying the edit!
That'll be awesome when it comes out! Very excited to see your future edits for other projects too! Thank you fopr all the hard work you're doing!

I'm very happy to announce that I'm finally fulfilling a common request - Subtitles are coming soon! A good friend of mine over on the originaltrilogy forums, g00b (who's done his own similar edit for Rebels) is helping out, and they're excellent so far. Very excited to share this with you all soon.

I'm very happy to announce that I'm finally fulfilling a common request - Subtitles are coming soon! A good friend of mine over on the originaltrilogy forums, g00b (who's done his own similar edit for Rebels) is helping out, and they're excellent so far. Very excited to share this with you all soon.
This is fantastic news. Clone Wars is perenial favorite in my ESL classes, so I've been looking for a fan edit that trims the fat much better than what I've been doing, which is showing them the good episodes while trying to fill them in on anything important they missed.

Back
Top Bottom