• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Chronicles of Narnia: Special Editions

Finally finished watching through the old BBC series, which covers the first four published books as opposed to the Walden Media trilogy which only adapts the first three.

I can definitely see where the affection for it comes from, though to be honest I found it hard to appreciate "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" at times. From acting meant to be dramatic instead coming across as comical to the limitations of the animal costumes (the Beavers resembling giant furry bowling pins), I kept thinking back to how much more I preferred the film, which obviously benefitted from a much larger budget.

This changed however with the later entries, each one feeling more engaging than the last to me, probably a combination of acclimatisation and the creators progressively getting into their strides, with none of the distracting subplots added to the films. By "The Silver Chair" I was properly enjoying it, not in the least for the brief onscreen reunion between Nursie and Captain Redbeard Rum! The sets and effects (including having the characters interact with giants) were also excellent on the whole, and I wish that at least "The Magician's Nephew" could have been made as well.

On that note, here's to hoping that the new adaptations currently in production can sustain the momentum to dramatise the complete Chronicles on-screen at last. Having featured in both series (playing Reepicheep and Glimfeather on TV and then Nikkabrik in the "Prince Caspian" film), I wouldn't be too surprised if Warwick Davis gets to play a part!

Last edited:
In honour of what would have been C.S. "Jack" Lewis' 125th birthday, I thought it would be nice to announce a side-project to the Special Editions I am working on.

Taking its inspiration from a dormant project thread (and corresponding with its originator), I am working on a separate recut of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" that aims to make it as book-accurate as possible. This means removing some whole segments (e.g. the opening bombing raid and the frozen river scene) as well as doing small trims, mainly to make the children less argumentative.

The Special Edition edit (with upscaled deleted scenes from the extended cut DVD) was used as a base, easier to cut new bits out than add them in again! At the moment it has been reduced down from about 147 minutes to 129 minutes, the old thread mentioned a goal of a sub-two hour runtime so will see if this is achievable, the thing to bear in mind is that what's best on paper may not be so onscreen.

For now, here are the opening 6 minutes of the new edit, based on the earlier example done by the original editor with just a couple of alterations.

While I don't think that this would replace the original film for me, I hope this fits the brief for those who've desired a "purer" version of the story. Those who wish to revisit the original thread can find it here

which only leaves me to say thank you to @TomH1138 for starting the project, and Happy Birthday to the author who created this world.

Spent a little time today doing touch-ups on VDT, mostly refining the reframing from 1.78:1 to 2.35:1, looking quite good.

Also took the opportunity to fix something that had been bugging me without being completely clear in my mind, the scene where the crew arrive at Aslan's Table. I had the feeling that the look of the place was for some reason more akin to that of a cheap television production, and it dawned on me that an explanation could be the heavy blue colour wash used for day-for-night. This was easily removed by adjusting the white balance, up to the point where the swords start glowing and the colour scheme feels more natural.

Am attempting the same thing with the sea serpent fight, there is still some green in the Green Mist but other colours are more visible now, worth the slight red tinting in my view.

Rendered out a new version of VDT with the changes as mentioned above, made a couple more as well.
  • Noticed two more obvious appearances of Gael during the sea serpent fight that I'd somehow missed before
    • Cropped image to hide her during one short (upscaling what was left to retain sharpness), length unchanged
    • Shortened a different shot to remove the part where she is in frame
  • Removed Edmund protesting as Caspian hands him Peter's sword as they sail towards Dark Island, he now has confidence in himself, unlike earlier in the film.
  • Scaled back re-tinting during the sea serpent fight, green is still heavily reduced but not looking as red as before.
Feels to me like all three Special Editions are pretty much together now, pending watch-throughs of course! There still remains the "bonus" edit mentioned a couple of weeks ago (C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) but that might be a slightly longer-term project.

Scanned through bits and pieces of the edits prior to "final" checks and naturally found a few things that wanted addressing.
  • Noticed yet another obvious appearance of Gael in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, I'm becoming convinced that not all of them were there when I started! Upscaled the shot by a factor of two in order to zoom in by same amount, think it looks alright.
  • Made a few refinements to Prince Caspian so some re-jigged sections of audio blend better. While AI tools have proved very useful for removing or isolating dialogue, sometimes the best results were obtained using old-fashioned methods, repurposing sections from different times and playing around with channels.
Hope to start watching through the trilogy soon and have them listed in the coming months. While I've done multiple edits based off the same film before (The NeverEnding Story, Cinema Paradiso and Red River) this will be my first "franchise" release, if you don't count the two Laurel & Hardy projects I did in 2022.

Last edited:
Had another look at Prince Caspian today, made a few more touch-ups:
  • Had previously deleted Lucy's first words on seeing Aslan by muting the centre channel, just noticed that this resulted in other sound besides vocals being lost so removed speech with AI extractor.
  • Added in a trimmed-down section of audio from the deleted scene of the approach to Aslan's How, which has unfinished effects. Not 100% on this but it does give a little context.
  • Zoomed in on (and upscaled) a reaction shot to the Telmarine army arriving at the How, to hide Dr Cornelius.
  • Removed Miraz's response to seeing Edmund's delegation "No. They are much too noble for that.", makes no sense now that the Castle Raid has been removed, cuts now from "Perhaps they intend to surrender?" to Edmund's challenge.
Thanks @AJB for showing an interest! Will need to look through your extended cut to see what I can ste...be inspired by!

Also putting a quick note here - I love to see someone else so passionate about doing Narnia edits! For the longest time, it was just SoboFilms (who completed a couple of excellent edits) and myself (who discussed it a lot but wasn't able to finish anything). I'm very much looking forward to the finished products!

Have just been through the edits of the two sequels yet again, still more tidy-ups! Took the opportunity to compile their cutlists (not adding timestamps yet, just in case), PC and VDT respectively taking up 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 pages of a Word document each!

Also had a go at doing some very simple posters for the edits, individually and for the trilogy as a whole, would appreciate any opinions.

full

Last edited:
Had a watch through of LWW-SE today (by far the simplest edit, less than 1 Word document page of changes) and just had to make a couple of tweaks to the audio afterwards. As far as I am concerned it is now done but will wait until I have had the chance to go through the other two again before listing, want the trilogy ready to go as a whole.

Runtime is 148 minutes, a little under 5 minutes longer than the theatrical cut and a little over two minutes shorter than the extended edition DVD (once you correct the speed from 25 to 24 FPS). None of the new material is revelatory but I think it is nice to have it presented in (sort-of) HD (DVD upscales). The "leftover" material is stuff I consider to hurt the pacing (dragging out things for a beat too long) or break tension, but if there is a demand I may do a fully-extended HD cut someday.

I consider the theatrical cut to be very strong (it's definitely the best critically reviewed, 75% RT compared to 66% and 50% for PC and VDT), only removed two small lines where the script goes a little Captain Obvious ("It's a beaver!" and "What have you done?!"). Had initially also removed Susan's angry outburst at Peter after Edmund enters the White Witch's castle, but realised that this was called back to in VDT when Lucy again acts as the voice of reason (in the Goldwater/Deathwater cavern).

The full-quality version of the edit is uploading now, as always if anybody is interested please PM! Hopefully won't be too long before the sequels are done too, but as usual I keep finding things to improve on with every watch.

Last edited:
Implemented the "final" tidy-ups to PC, smoothed over a few bits of modified audio and deleted two more shots (total of 5 seconds) of Susan and Caspian looking at each other. Now comes in just a smidge over 122 minutes, 28 less than the theatrical cut, including the two reinstated deleted scenes (only ones without missing effects).

For a film that I did not care for much in its original form, I am now finding it hard to decide whether I prefer this edit over LWW or not. To an extent, I think the later entry has a depth that its predecessor doesn't, with less plot but more story: rather than a simple adventure about mending sibling relationships and defeating clear-cut evil, it (for me at least) brings up concepts like attachment to the past and has the protagonists in conflict with much "greyer" antagonists.

Want to go through VDT one more time before rendering out full-quality versions, the shortest film both in theatrical and edited forms but with the longest cutlist by a large margin! As ever, if anybody else wishes to preview (thanks to those who've done so for the earlier versions) I'd be delighted to have some fresh eyes take a look!

Last edited:
Think I am coming to the end of work on the special editions, will be watching through PC and VDT next week, and was wondering if there would there be any desire for simple extended editions.

These should be quite quick and simple to do, main tasks would be upscaling the rest of the LWW extended cut DVD footage and cropping that from VDT. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Posted a trailer yesterday, think it ought to be here too.
Shouldn't be too long before the edits themselves are ready!

Just realised that the post with prospective page images didn't show up properly, here they are again for both the individual films and trilogy as a whole.

full

Changelists for the edits are now available, as of now only that for LWW (by far the simplest edit) has timestamps attached.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe:

Theatrical cut - 143 minutes
Special Edition - 148 minutes
Time added - 5 minutes
Time removed - 0 minutes

General changes
  • Extra footage exclusive to the Extended Edition DVD was graded and upscaled to better blend in with that from the Theatrical Cut Blu-ray. To avoid the waxy look this can incur, the higher resolution image was added at 50% opacity over the original with a layer of grain added too. Extended scenes featured in this edit used Blu-ray source as much as possible, hope the transitions aren’t too noticeable.
  • A little over 7 minutes extra footage was available, of which nearly 5 minutes was used (total runtime of the Extended Edition corrected to 24 FPS is 150 minutes). I felt the rest was not worth including, interrupting the flow of the film by making scenes go on for a beat too long.
  • Only two deletions were made (compared to the theatrical cut), short lines that spelled out things unnecessarily.
Specific changes
  • 0:00:00 Added fanedit disclaimer and personal plate.
  • 0:03:21 Used extended scene of children saying goodbye at the station.
  • 0:06:56 Added deleted scene of Lucy giving Edmund a soft toy on the train.
  • 0:39:24 Added shot of the wardrobe “watching” the children as they play cricket, over an extra line from Peter as he is bowling.
  • Did not use the extended version of the children running from the MacReady.
  • Did not use extended version of the children walking through the snow to Mr Tumnus’s house and making snow angels.
  • 0:46:16 Cut Lucy’s “It’s a beaver!”
  • Did not use an extra 27 seconds of Mr Beaver walking with the children through the snow.
  • 0:48:12 Added extended approach to the Beavers’ home, including Lucy seeing the fish frozen beneath the ice (removed a couple of shots of Lucy that were very-obviously chroma-keyed, thanks @theomega for suggesting this).
  • 0:54:13 Added extended scene of Edmund wandering through the White Witch’s courtyard.
  • 0:59:53 Included extended scene of the wolves tearing apart the Beavers’ home, felt that it added tension and made the escape more believable.
  • 1:18:31 Cut Susan’s “What have you done?!”
  • Did not use Extended Edition version of the stone bridge scene, (which only changed the background for shots facing the children) as I felt this to be minor, so opted to keep the native HD footage.
  • 1:19:32 Added the deleted scene of winter melting into spring.
  • 1:34:03 Added the extended training scene, Susan now shoots twice.
  • Added nearly all the extra battle scenes, although it is covered extremely briefly in the book I felt that it could stand more fleshing out here.
    • 1:54:05 The White Witch sends up her own flying creatures to meet the griffons.
    • 1:56:23 Shot of the rhino ramming a minotaur.
    • 1:59:18 Extended scene with the phoenix.
    • 2:01:43 The creature that brings down the rhino is seen slightly more clearly, looks less like it just tripped and fell.
    • 2:01:59 Oreius’ fight with the minotaur is longer.
    • 2:04:26 An extra shot of the griffon diving towards the Witch.
    • Did not use the deleted scene of Ginnabrik intercepting Edmund, felt that this broke the tension at a key moment.

Prince Caspian:

Theatrical cut - 150 minutes
Special Edition - 122 minutes
Time added - 2 minutes
Time removed - 30 minutes

General changes
  • Increased the pace of the first third or so of the film, a few trims and re-arrangements have been made to try and reduce the feeling of jumping back and forth between the different sets of characters.
  • Tried to make the older children (Peter and Susan) a little more likeable, some extraneous actions and dialogue has been removed by either cutting scenes or muting select parts of the audio.
  • Removed the two most complained about non-book additions
    • The castle raid, only served to make the characters less sympathetic to the audience.
    • The “romance” between Susan and Caspian, completely unnecessary and felt flat anyway.
  • There are nearly nine minutes of deleted/extended scenes but a large portion have unfinished VFX (especially wish that the "Picking Marshals" scene could have been used, @SoboFilms included it in their edit but I just found the look too distracting). Out of those remaining, the deleted scene where Peter and Susan discover Caspian's baby cousin occurs during the now-deleted castle raid, and the extended scene showing Caspian's flight at the start just went on a beat too long. That left just two, which I think positively contribute to the film.
Specific changes
  • Added fanedit disclaimer and personal plate.
  • Removed birth scene and Miraz giving orders, wanted to cut straight to the action and have a bit more mystery (idea from @SoboFilms’ cut).
  • Added sound of baby crying, louder when cutting to indoor shot.
  • Added shot of Prunaprismia (Capian’s aunt) holding her baby as Dr. Cornelius tells Caspian of the birth, added zoom blur distortion effect to disconnect this visual from the immediate action and hopefully make it jar less.
  • Cut to black when Caspian hits his head on the branch, implying that he has been knocked out and off the saddle (we hear him hit the ground).
  • Cut from black to Lucy nearly being run over, this sacrifices the transition between the two horn sounds but I think the scene of Caspian’s escape originally went on a few beats too long.
  • Added screenwriter credits over Lucy running across the road (originally in now-deleted scene of Caspian being dragged by his horse).
  • Added director credit over Susan reading a magazine (originally in now-deleted scene of Caspian being dragged by his horse).
  • Deleted scene where a boy tries to talk to Susan and she is dismissive of him.
  • Deleted Peter’s condescending “No.”
  • Deleted Peter’s “That’s when I hit him.”
  • Deleted Peter’s “But I wasn’t always!”
  • Cut from Susan saying “It’s no use pretending any different.” To Caspian lying unconscious in the clearing.
  • Cut from Caspian being hit by Nikkabrik to Lucy feeling that she has been pinched, the blowing of the horn to the children being summoned should hopefully now play linearly in the mind of the audience rather than feeling fragmented. Cuts out the bit where Susan notices the boy that tried talking her approaching on the platform, shot repurposed at the edit’s end.
  • Added the deleted scene of the children climbing up to the ruins, nice bit of light-hearted interaction, cut slightly short at the end to best blend the music to the next scene.
  • Cut Lucy’s “Don’t you see?” and Peter’s responding “What?”, feels too on the nose and he does sound a bit too oblivious.
  • Deleted wide shot of the Telmarine castle that comes immediately after the one of Cair Paravel, breaks the flow to the upcoming deleted scene.
  • Added extended scene of Miraz and Prunaprismia with their newborn son on the balcony (colour-matched to original), the castle raid has been deleted so this helps justify to the audience why she is eager to leave Narnia at the end of the film.
  • Muted Susan saying “I think you probably could have left off the last bit.”, sounds too modern to me, Trumpkin’s “Probably” is now a remark at Peter’s statement instead of hers.
  • Cut Susan’s “What horn?”
  • Cut out the scene with the wild bear, while it has a basis in the book it slowed things right down here and shows Susan failing to protect Lucy from an obvious threat (takes place over a shorter time period in the book so her hesitation is for a moment rather than about 10 seconds), Narnia has already been well established as heavily changed.
  • We now go from Trumpkin and the children disembarking from the boat to them walking through the forest, the scene of Caspian, Nikkabrik and Trufflehunter being ambushed is pushed later.
  • Cut Peter’s patronising “That explains it then, you’re mistaken.”, he simply turns away and continues after Trumpkin speaks.
  • Cut Peter’s childish “Well we weren’t lost.”
  • Cut Susan’s annoyed “I’d rather that than walking.”
  • Cut Peter mentioning the (now deleted) bear.
  • The scene where Caspian, Nikkabrik and Trufflehunter are ambushed now takes place. It makes for an amusing smash cut to the night meeting that now takes place immediately after rather than being interrupted by the first clifftop scene.
  • Cut Lucy saying “I wish you’d all stop trying to act like grown ups.”
  • Cut Trumpkins “I am a grown up.”
  • Cut Lucy saying “I missed you so much.” to Aslan.
  • Shortened look between Susan and Caspian.
  • Cut Lucy’s “Oh my gosh” before “...he is so cute.”
  • Trimmed Caspian looking at Susan; cut Susan looking at Caspian and trimmed Peter looking annoyed.
  • Cut segment between Reepicheep’s “You know where I stand sire” and Lucy saying “You’re all acting like there’s only two options.”, Peter no longer asks if the army can handle the guards. The aim of these cuts is to preserve the scene by making it look like they cannot come to a decision, justifying including the scene where the White Witch is nearly resurrected.
  • Cut from end of the meeting to the Telmarines building the bridge and Miraz being crowned, no more castle raid and aftermath.
  • Cut scene where Nikkabrik’s finds Caspian looking at the wall paintings after “You so glad of that magic horn now boy?”, as this mentions the losses incurred in the now-deleted raid and its revelations.
  • Cut Nikkabrik saying “It failed.” after “You tried one ancient power.” these words feel a bit too definitive (even if only in my mind) for describing (in this edit, with the failed raid removed) a meeting that came to a standstill.
  • Cut Caspian asking “And you can guarantee Miraz’s death?” and the reply “And more”. Apart from this question no longer making sense (would now appear suddenly bloodthirsty), it makes the scene feel more like Caspian is being swept up in the moment rather than thinking rationally.
  • Cut the bit with Peter and the White Witch after she says “I’ve missed you.”, he no longer lowers his sword and appears tempted as Edmund intercedes quicker.
  • Cut the scene where Caspian talks to Dr Cornelius (now that the castle raid has been deleted he hasn’t been rescued), fade from the image of Aslan after the Stone Table fight scene to Peter looking at the same image some time later, when Lucy comes to find him and he expresses his self-doubts.
  • Zoomed in on a group shot to remove Dr Cornelius. Upscaled image and added grain to try and make it blend with surrounding footage.
  • Cut Bulgy Bear’s “For Aslan.” As this shot contains Dr Cornelius.
  • Trimmed, cut and pasted Caspian pitching in his idea, hiding Dr Cornelius and he no longer calls Miraz being a murderer (just a tyrant).
  • Remove Miraz’s “No. They are much too noble for that.” since this no longer makes sense with the castle raid removed.
  • Removed Edmund’s “I know, it’s confusing.”, goes that little bit too far.
  • Removed exchange between Susan and Caspian about the horn.
  • Removed dialogue dialogue (via AI extraction) during shot where Lucy and Susan are riding out, having just left Caspian.
  • Cut two shots of Susan and Caspian looking at each other (including the dialogue “Are you sure you don’t need that horn?”) so she gets on his horse much faster.
  • Cut Miraz’s dialogue as he is on his knees at sword point before Caspian, makes no sense with castle raid gone and I think it plays more powerfully anyway.
  • Cut Caspian’s “Not one like you.”
  • Softened Aslan roaring at Trumpkin and cut the shot of the latter flinching, this just seemed mean on Aslan’s part! Thanks to @theomega for the idea.
  • Cut two shots of Susan and Caspian looking at each other, slightly shortened following shot to get better audio blend.
  • Cut Edmund’s “We will?”
  • Cut Susan and Caspian’s last exchange, blended different audio elements to start the song “The Call” early.
  • Inserted a shot from now-deleted bit (from the beginning) of the boy that tried talking to Susan walking on the platform, to allow for the later shot of him talking on the train to be cut. Upscaled image and added grain to try and make it blend with surrounding footage.
  • Pushed forward footage of the train coming to a stop to allow (previously mentioned) deletion of the boy talking, train sounds are off sync compared to image but don’t appear unnatural.
  • Muted centre channel of audio segment with the boy talking “Aren’t you coming Phyllis?” and replaced with side-channel equivalent.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader:

Theatrical cut - 113 minutes
Special Edition - 104 minutes
Time added - 4 minutes
Time removed - 13 minutes

General changes
  • Removed Green Mist subplot, it only appears now only at the very end around Dark Island, and it is no longer green! This also means removing the stolen citizens and Gael, who now may only be glimpsed in the background in a few shots I could not remove or modify.
  • Removed some “on the nose” dialogue to try and make characters feel more natural.
  • Cropped entire film to wider ‘Scope aspect ratio, both to match the earlier entries in the trilogy and enable integration of already-cropped deleted scenes without cropping further them and losing resolution.
  • Boosted saturation throughout to try and liven up the rather flat digital image. Experimented with adding film grain too, but the picture is quite noisy anyway so eventually left this alone.
  • Added all four deleted/extended scenes, felt that they added a bit more substance to what is the shortest film in the trilogy even before any edits.
Specific changes
  • Added fanedit disclaimer and personal plate.
  • Replaced 20th Century Fox vanity plate with wider equivalent one from “The Wolverine” Blu-ray.
  • Cut scene of Edmund trying to enlist and Lucy spoiling his plans. The inadequacy issues they express here are played more subtly later on.
  • Muted Lucy’s “How will we survive?”, sounds too modern to me.
  • Muted Edmund’s superfluous dialogue as Lucy looks at herself in the mirror, also brings more attention to her contemplating her reflection and subsequent question to him.
  • Added in Narnian Clothes scene, trimming off the start as this had an extra wearing greenscreen material around their legs. Removed music and replaced with One Breath song (extracted from Prince Caspian beach scene) that is featured in both previous films, can hardly be considered a Narnia film without it in my opinion!
  • Muted Lucy saying “Look. Susan’s bow and arrows.”
  • Muted Lucy saying “My healing cordial, and dagger.”, besides being obvious it sounds ADR’d to me.
  • Cut Edmund flinching as he switches his torch on.
  • Cut dialogue between Caspian saying that there is peace across Narnia and Edmund asking why there are here. This removes the reference to only three years having passed (in my mind the time is much longer) and the exchange between Lucy and Caspian with her asking if has found himself a queen and his response about Susan, they had no “romance” in my previous edit.
  • Inserted deleted scene of a seasick Eustace after Lucy watches the mermaids, removing dialogue where she tells he that he is delirious. Slowed down final shot (using interpolated frames from Flowframes) and audio for a more natural feeling fade to black as he falls asleep.
  • Cut Edmund’s superfluous “Seems I have.” in response to Caspian’s “You’ve grown stronger my friend.”
  • Cut couple of shots with Eustace’s “I’ve got it, I’ve got it. Don’t worry.” after he is given a knife.
  • Cut Edmund’s superfluous “Is he one of the seven?”
  • Cut scene of townspeople being sacrificed to the Green Mist.
  • Cut scene where Rhince joins the crew in search of his wife, in this edit he is just an ordinary crew member who has the occasional line.
  • Cut Caspian’s promise to find the lost citizens.
  • Trimmed shots to accommodate deletion of Eustace’s voiceover about green mists and lost lords.
  • Cut exchange “He’s mad as a loon that one.” “Yeah” between two crewmembers, feels too modern.
  • Removed Reepicheep’s “Period, exclamation mark!”. Although we see English text onscreen in Narnia it still feels a little strange to be rubbing English grammar in the audience’s face when we’re in a fantasy land!
  • Removed Gael’s yelp as the basket is pushed over, the Gael herself being discovered.
  • Removed Caspian’s comments about the lords following the mist East, Drinian’s speculations and Edmund asking for Caspian’s opinion.
  • Cut shot of Gael being considered for kidnapping.
  • Cut shot of Gael getting up and running with the rest of the group.
  • Recoloured Green Mist in close-up of book to white so it might look like dust, slowed shot down (using interpolated frames from Flowframes) so cut doesn’t feel rushed.
  • Cut wide shot from above of Green Mist pouring off book.
  • Cut Lucy’s superfluous “I’m beautiful”.
  • Cut Lucy’s “Wait.” and “Make me she, whom I’d agree.”, play better with just the “No!”
  • Cut Green Mist after Lucy steals the book page.
  • Zoomed in and upscaled shot to conceal Gael.
  • Cut Edmund’s superfluous “Oh, that mansion.”, takes away from the moment.
  • Cut dialogue of the party walking after Coriakin says “To protect them.” As this mentions the Green Mist.
  • Cut Drinian’s dialogue after Edmund’s “Or get eaten by a sea serpeant.” until “Just a word of warning.” as this includes a mention of Rhince’s wife.
  • Cut start of shot of Lucy getting up in bed, to hide Gael.
  • Added a few shots of the Book of Incantations and Lucy for earlier, distorted now, as she reads the spell. This is to replace the shots of the Green Mist that normally appear at this point, idea borrowed/stolen from SoboFilms’ edit.
  • Cut Green Mist infiltrating the ship, appearing before Edmund and Caspian.
  • Added deleted scene of the crew getting near mutiny, Green Mist under the mop desaturated.
  • Cut the first shot of the sword underwater, Caspian’s “We need it.” (of course they do) and the shot of the Green Mist underwater that immediately follows.
  • Trimmed shot where Lucy says “What are you staring at?”, as if she can’t see! Early part kept and slowed down using Flowframes to avoid a jump cut between two similar shots of Edmund.
  • Cut Edmund’s dialogue to Lucy about how they could be so rich, and nobody could tell them what to do.
  • Masked over the Green Mist with a motion-tracked matte.
  • Cut scene with Eustace picking up dragon treasure just after he hears the roar, removes his dialogue and the Green Mist.
  • Cut Edmund’s “He was just a boy.”, Eustace is not a great deal younger than him so it sounds a little strange.
  • Cut Caspian saying “Sword” as Edmund finds it, the visuals complete the sentence.
  • Cut couple of shots with Gael.
  • Cut shot with Gael.
  • Cut Drinian’s response to Gael “That’s no volcano.”
  • Cut shot with Gael.
  • Cut shot with Gael.
  • Trimmed shot to hide Gael.
  • Cut shot with Gael.
  • Cut shot with Gael.
  • Cut shot with Gael.
  • Cut Caspian dialogue after he tells Drinian to take the others back to the ship, to hide Gael.
  • Cut talk between Lucy and Gael
  • Cut Gael waking up and noticing the Blue Star
  • Covered Gael with a matte that copies nearby wave footage.
  • Covered Gael with a matte.
  • Removed the final two shots of Lucy and the mermaid, to give more music to blend into the newly-inserted and repositioned extended scene.
  • Inserted extended scene of Caspian and Edmund in the cabin with the swords, trimmed out section where Edmund apparently repeats some Coriakin dialogue that was not included (at least in the final cut) in said character’s scene.
  • Cut shot of Lucy and Gael in cabin as Eustace starts pulling.
  • Deleted theatrical/shorter version of scene of Caspian and Edmund in the cabin with the swords, fade from Eustace starting to pull the boat and arriving at the island.
  • Made image warmer to reduce artificial-looking blue tint, felt like a cheap TV production to me at this point.
  • Removed couple of shots, Caspian no longer says “Still missing one.” and they start glowing much faster.
  • As the swords start glowing the grading changes, from warmer to a Kodak 2838 D60 LUT, preserving the blue (now justified) and also making the image a little more interesting (e.g. by enhancing the Lilliandil’s glowing).
  • Remove Caspian’s “You are most beautiful.” and the following exchange between him, Lilliandil and Edmund
  • Cut Lilliandil telling the crew to help themselves.
  • Fade back to normal grading on pan down from the sky.
  • Cut scene of Lucy and Gael in the cabin.
  • Cut Edmund’s protestation at being given Peter’s sword, he did so earlier while feeling inadequate but has the confidence to take up his brother's mantle now.
  • Changed grading, combined Kodak 2838 D60 LUT with reduced colour temperature to make the image less murky and shift the general colour from green to blue (mist is now very pale blue).
  • Cut out apparition of Rhince’s wife.
  • Cut shot with Gael.
  • Trimmed shot of Lucy running off to Gael.
  • Cut shot with Gael.
  • Cut shot with Gael.
  • Cut shot with Gael.
  • Cut Lucy hurrying Gael belowdecks.
  • Cut shot of Eustace running to Aslan’s Table and moved it later, now cut from a wide shot to a close-up of Edmund climbing the rigging.
  • Cut shot of Eustace standing at Aslan’s Table while the Green Mist appears behind him.
  • Cut shot of Eustace flailing the sword about.
  • Cut three shots of Eustace flailing the sword about.
  • Faded back to normal grading as shaft of light pierces the clouds.
  • Zoomed in throughout shot to crop out boats at the bottom at the end, fading in an upscaled image at the same time.
  • Cut boats approaching and the family reuniting.
  • Cut Caspian saying “I can’t imagine that my father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for.”
  • Cut exchange where Edmund says that he loves his home and family more than being in Narnia, feels like this is spelling out emotions that should be obvious from the performances.
  • Removed Caspian saying that the children are the closest thing he has to family, however important they are he has only known them for a few weeks at most! Also feel that it is much more powerful for their final interaction to be wordless. Extracted sounds of Caspian and Edmund hugging and pasted it on top of earlier audio (dialogue removed by muting the centre channel).
  • Muted Aunt Alberta’s voice, there is no diegetic dialogue after Aslan’s last words, find the music and expressions much more powerful than a now-orphaned call-forward to an adaptation of the next book that was never made. Kept Eustace’s narration, this feels fitting to bookend the film and wrap up the trilogy.
  • Replaced Carrie Underwood’s version of There’s a Place for Us with the Dutch version (still in English) sung by Xander de Buisonjé. Removed the drums to give a less “poppy” feel, and remixed (with the help of AI separation) to 5.1.

Watched through HQ versions over the last few days, think I have now made the last of the last changes, at least until people point out more to me! Any ideas on what sort of release structure would be best?

Last edited:
The IFDb listing for Prince Caspian has just been submitted, edits for the whole trilogy are uploaded so please PM if interested!

Back
Top Bottom