• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Alien Franchise

StormTrooper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know there are quite a few members who like myself are big fans of the series especially 1-3. I would like to hear plot ideas for how you would try to salvage the franchise from the end of Resurrection or AvP-R. I have my own ideas and to me it sounds great but im sure you guys would think it's lame...

Is there no one with any ideas on how they would like to see the movies go?

would of loved to see what happened on the derlicit from Alien.

bigrob said:
would of loved to see what happened on the derlicit from Alien.

i have read that the derelict was transporting the aliens possibly as a weapon themselves before being overcome.sort of a virus..drop them on a habited planet let them do their thing and then re-colonise when the aliens die off due to lack of food.
that would be a prequel tho wouldn't it? what about the future post resurrection? what would need to happen for the franchise to get back to it's original scary Alien or the qualty action movie of Aliens?

a decent director, script and budget.

nOmArch said:

i agree with a decent director and script and has for the budget i disagree some of the best films didnt have a massive budget.

would of love to have seen what Ridley Scott and James Cameron had up their sleeves. news was that they were planning a pequel type story before AVP got annoucned.

AvP said:
nOmArch said:

i agree with a decent director and script and has for the budget i disagree some of the best films didnt have a massive budget.

agreed some of the best films did have zero or very small budget, but we are talking Aliens here, if you want a kickass aliens film you're gonna have to have a big budget for all the SFX and CGI, as well as having enough dosh to hire some decent actors and director.

so yes some films do work better with less money but the Aliens franchise im afraid is now not one of these.

Although it is possible to make a decent, or even good AVP film, I think Fox should back off from that and go back to movies with just the alien in them. AVP is now a cursed acronym, it represents terrible film-making. The best way to bring the class back to the series if to start anew. A new main character, a new story. Set before Rez, when the Weyland-Yutani corporation was still around.

Of course they won't. I think the best we can hope for is a remake of the first film, with some hot 20-something actress as Ripley. Surely that would at least be better than AVP-R, though...hard to do worse than that, I'd think.

Well the director,budget and time stuff is not new. I think a very good movie could be created from the existing material. we have got the ball rolling guys now give us your ideas/storylines in brief. i'm really interested in what you would do to re-ignite the franchise you could include the predator subplot too..tomorrow im going to give you part of my idea for a movie and i would like to hear what you think.

the importance is APPROPRIATE budget.

whatever the creator (writer, director, whatever) needs to complete his vision...

I thought the idea Anderson had of a team of humans exploring a massive alien pyramid and becoming trapped in it before Aliens and Predators showing up was a solid one. Only it shouldn't have been on Earth in 2004. There is also tons of stuff he should not have done, like the team-up horseshit and the PG-13 rating. So I would just remake his movie in a way. Probably a different synopsis, but elements strongly influenced from him.

My first idea was to have a scientific expedition under Weyland-Yutani find an alien (Predator) pyramid on a dead world. They go to check it out, the doors shut, and all hell breaks lose. The pyramid was cloaked years before, and the Preds uncloaked and powered it up as a trap for the humans...so the humans could be used as fodder to give birth to aliens. So soon (but not too soon, the movie needs build-up like the Alien trilogy and first Predator movie!) the humans are fighting for their lives against both Predator and Aliens. In this MASSIVE pyramid on an alien world.

I also had an idea way prior to AVP coming out that was about a group of mercenaries hired to extract survivors from an island on earth. The island was somewhere in Asia, and it was a military bunker from the cold war, retrofitted as a science lab to study a crashed Predator space-ship. Of course it had Alien eggs in it, so eventually the entire staff fell to the Aliens, and then the Predators showed up to clean house. So the mercs find themselves trapped on the island with both nasties. It was to be set in the mid 21st century, they were hired by Yutani corp and there would be a little mention of a merger going on inside Yutani corp somewhere in the movie.

That's some good shit Beckmen. So you have no problem utilising the AvPvHuman storyline and your happy with the timeline?

I am all for AvPvH. You take away humans and the danger both species pose to them, and the movie is pointless drivel, IMO. Not sure what you mean by the timeline, though.

beckmen said:
I am all for AvPvH. You take away humans and the danger both species pose to them, and the movie is pointless drivel, IMO. Not sure what you mean by the timeline, though.

timeline

avp avp-r predator predator2 alien aliens alien 3 alien 4

Thought the timeline was Pred 1, Pred 2, AVP, AVP-R, Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien R
Though Pred 2 seems to be an alternative universe of "1997", that doesn't fit in with the world of AVP in 2004.

LeoneNut said:
Thought the timeline was Pred 1, Pred 2, AVP, AVP-R, Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien R
Though Pred 2 seems to be an alternative universe of "1997", that doesn't fit in with the world of AVP in 2004.

as i understand it the timeline is as follows

AvP predators arrive on earth 2997BC humans erect the pyramids
Pred2 musket 1715 taken from hunted human and given to Danny Glover in 1997
AvP 1904 whaling station inhabitants slaughtered
Pred 1987 Pred hunts Arnies special forces team
Pred2 1997 pred hunts in LA Glover gets the 1715 musket
AvP 2004 Preds hunt team investigating pyramid 100years after 1904 whaling station attack
AvP-R 2007 pred ship crashes on earth
Alien 2122 Nostromo lost to alien infestaton
Aliens 2179 Ripley found 57 years later and marines lost on LV-426
Alien3 2179 Ripley crash lands on Fiorina 161.
Alien4 2381 Ripley cloned for alien queen.

I have actually been thinking of a story for the way i would like the series to go. I am trying to make sure ther are no holes though and it aint easy. Also something that would be really exciting

I think it's actually Predator (1987), Predator 2 (1997), AVP (2004), AVP-R (2004), then the Alien films (????). I don't really mind the 'aliens on earth' thing like a lot of fans did, but the whole Predator backstory that Anderson cooked up was a bigger pile of bullshit than Dillon's cabinet administer story.

beckmen said:
I think it's actually Predator (1987), Predator 2 (1997), AVP (2004), AVP-R (2004), then the Alien films (????). I don't really mind the 'aliens on earth' thing like a lot of fans did, but the whole Predator backstory that Anderson cooked up was a bigger pile of bullshit than Dillon's cabinet administer story.

what i am talking about timeline wise is the references in each movie to contact with Aliens or Predators. As below all the dates that have been mentioned in the movies

2997BC

I have been thinking about writing an Alien 5 script. I even started once on it, but put it on hold after I was disappointed with AvP. It started with the derelict ship and what happened, then jumped over to Ripley and co over on earth with some nice surprises in storyline. But I'm going to spoil them, perhaps I might finish it one day. 1 hint, Weyland-Yutani would return.

Back
Top Bottom