• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The 50,000 Movie Challenge

Has the font size changed. I think it live I edited the font to 12. If so I'll delete those lines. I know what you are talking about now. I forgot to delete those space before I posted it sorry

Movieman53000 said:
Has the font size changed. I think it live I edited the font to 12. If so I'll delete those lines. I know what you are talking about now. I forgot to delete those space before I posted it sorry

Yes, the font size is bigger now. It still starts at line 1845 but the font size is larger now.

You've deleted a lot of empty lines but the first 14 are still empty. And then you've got a bunch of lines with pre-code movies, and I'm assuming movies you don't have numbers for yet. But #1 doesn't appear until line 324 now.

I might to test live edit. if you have I'm missing let me know. Just add a space and type in the Title. I'm not sure if you can edit but I can. I want to see if you can add missing tiitles just let me know what you added so I can check on my end

Since "unrated" is not one of the selectable ratings on FilmRatings and you took a long time to find these numbers, here are these certificate numbers for selected (but not all) unrated films:

25819 Hard Country
27243 Video Vixens
29406 Purgatory
29461 Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
30634 Life Is Cheap...But Toilet Paper Is Expensive
32501 Jamon Jamon
34819 The Limbic Region
36547 Perfect Game
37726 Requiem For A Dream
41590 Sorum
42108 Where The Truth Lies
42371 This Film Is Not Yet Rated
42431 Grad Night
42474 Pray
42493 The Heirloom
43284 Raiders Of The Damned
43983 Frontier(s)
45432 Patrik, Age 1.5
46211 A Film Unfinished
46500 Courageous
47133 Bully
47999 The Artist And The Model
48200 Open Grave
48916 The November Man

wow that is a good list. I had about 5 of them 1 possible conflicts. Thanks for these, They fill a lot off Holes. I have not check FilmRatings for the new recently for 52000 in the last 2 weeks. I need to get those and add them

#48916 The November Man #48279

Yes I spent a lot of time on filmrating Building this list. I went through every single year by rating from 1968-2020. Every single movie listed their is on my list with exception of the most recent from the last 2-3 weeks.

Movieman53000 said:
wow that is a good list. I had about 5 of them 1 possible conflicts. Thanks for these, They fill a lot off Holes. I have not check FilmRatings for the new recently for 52000 in the last 2 weeks. I need to get those and add them

#48916 The November Man #48279
About that film, one (48916) is an unrated version and the other (49279) is rated version.

Movieman53000 said:
I might to test live edit. if you have I'm missing let me know. Just add a space and type in the Title. I'm not sure if you can edit but I can. I want to see if you can add missing tiitles just let me know what you added so I can check on my end

It gives me the option to go into edit mode but I'd rather let you take care of that. Wouldn't want to accidentally screw something up. Plus, you include a link to the IMDB page. Just an extra step for me.

#127 Peculiar Penguins (Disney short)

CJ121997 said:
Since "unrated" is not one of the selectable ratings on FilmRatings and you took a long time to find these numbers, here are these certificate numbers for selected (but not all) unrated films:

47133 Bully

Thanks, I had most of those but there were still a few I needed. I'm curious where you got this number though because the MPA's site doesn't have a number listed for the unrated version and neither does the IMDB.

I've come across others that are listed as unrated on the MPA's site but I couldn't tell you which ones they are without going through all my lists. I can tell you, however, that the following films had their rating surrendered but for some reason they don't have the number listed on the MPA's site either.

1981 Bloodsucking Freaks (film released in 1976 but MPA has 1981 as rating year)

1994 Kika
1994 Martin Lawrence: You So Crazy

1995 Kids
1995 When Night Is Falling

1999 Happiness

Frantic Canadian said:
CJ121997 said:

47133 Bully
Thanks, I had most of those but there were still a few I needed. I'm curious where you got this number though because the MPA's site doesn't have a number listed for the unrated version and neither does the IMDB.
That number was mentioned in the 2216th MPA's weekly bulletin issued last March 28, 2012 as a primary source (that was over three years before the numbers went public).

CJ121997 said:
Frantic Canadian said:
CJ121997 said:

47133 Bully
That number was mentioned in the 2216th MPA's weekly bulletin issued last March 28, 2012 as a primary source (that was over three years before the numbers went public).

Thanks. I just Googled it and found it. I didn't know you could look up old bulletins. Comingsoon.net seems to have them archived. I wonder if I'd be able to find any of the numbers for the ones I posted about?

Edit: Nope. Unfortunately, they don't have them archived that far back. :(

Here's an addition for unrated films:

38047 The Story Of O

On the other hand, I found a film that actually has no number on that site but there's a number in the film's opening credits:

22183 The Mind Of Mr. Soames

CJ121997 said:

38047 The Story Of O

On the other hand, I found a film that actually has no number on that site but there's a number in the film's opening credits:

Thanks. I was a little confused with The Story Of O. There's two entries for it on the MPA's site. One is listed as being from 2001 (unrated) and one is listed as being from 2002 (NC-17). What confused me is that the 2002 one has a number (1375) that should have been assigned during the 70's when they had started back from scratch. Turns out that they're the same film and it was actually released in 1975. What's still strange though is that the NC-17 one should have a year of 1975 in parentheses, not 2002. And if the rating was surrendered in 2001 then why would it have been given a new number?

Frantic Canadian said:
CJ121997 said:

38047 The Story Of O

Thanks. I was a little confused with The Story Of O. There's two entries for it on the MPA's site. One is listed as being from 2001 (unrated) and one is listed as being from 2002 (NC-17). What confused me is that the 2002 one has a number (1375) that should have been assigned during the 70's when they had started back from scratch. Turns out that they're the same film and it was actually released in 1975. What's still strange though is that the NC-17 one should have a year of 1975 in parentheses, not 2002. And if the rating was surrendered in 2001 then why would it have been given a new number?
About the second version, it means that the film was re-rated in 2002 (rating symbol changed). According to IMDB, the original rating was X when it was rated back in '75. If you discussed about unrated version, it would be the first version.

Like other unrated films, they have a second version (either rated or edited version).

CJ121997 said:
Frantic Canadian said:
CJ121997 said:

38047 The Story Of O

About the second version, it means that the film was re-rated in 2002 (rating symbol changed). According to IMDB, the original rating was X when it was rated back in '75. If you discussed about unrated version, it would be the first version.

Like other unrated films, they have a second version (either rated or edited version).

The entry with the number 1375 should have a date of 1975, when it was originally rated and assigned that number. It shouldn't have a year of 2002. Especially considering that the entry dated 2001 says that the NC-17 rating was surrendered. The X rating would have been changed to an NC-17 rating when the ratings classifications changed and the NC-17 rating was first introduced in 1990. The fact that they say that the NC-17 rating was surrendered a year before it was supposedly even assigned (rating symbol changed) makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Movieman53000 said:
Yes I spent a lot of time on filmrating Building this list. I went through every single year by rating from 1968-2020. Every single movie listed their is on my list with exception of the most recent from the last 2-3 weeks.
It's better if you have your own timeframe/schedule for filling up the info on your list. For example:

Thursdays-Tuesdays: Released films
Wednesdays: Unreleased films (particularly films from recent weekly bulletins). This is the day when new numbers from weekly bulletins are issued.

CJ121997 said:
Movieman53000 said:
It's better if you have your own timeframe/schedule for filling up the info on your list. For example:

Thursdays-Tuesdays: Released films
Wednesdays: Unreleased films (particularly films from recent weekly bulletins). This is the day when new numbers from weekly bulletins are issued.

Actually, the new bulletins are up on Tuesdays. I know the date listed on them is the Wednesday but they're actually up on Tuesdays.

Back
Top Bottom