• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Terminator Salvation: The T4 Cut

Agent9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
t4-agent9-front-66-1366419301.jpg

Fanedit Name: Terminator Salvation: The T4 Cut
Faneditor Name: Agent 9
Tagline: A stronger, faster cut, more in line with the Terminator franchise.

Original Movie Title: Terminator Salvation
Genre: Action, Drama, Science Fiction
Franchise: The Terminator
Fanedit Type: FanFix

Original Release Date: 2009
Original Running Time: 117
Fanedit Release Date: April 2013
Fanedit Running Time (min): 98
Time Cut (Min): 19

Available in HD? Yes

Brief Synopsis:
The T4 Cut, has altered Salvation by changing Marcus's entire storyline (who he is, and why he was created) & his romance with Blair, removal of Kyle Reese from the Kill List, added music tracks from the Terminator Series, and a complete re-coloring of the entire film. All this to try and match the tone within the Terminator franchise.

Intention:
I really wanted to love this film when it came out, but I just couldn't. I knew something had to be done, I thought about it and looked at it and compared it to the others in the series and thought, if all this stuff was done, it could be a decent film, maybe it could feel more like the series, so with all my notes I decided to give it a try.

Other Sources:
Music from all three Terminator Movies before it.

Release Information
MP4/M4V/MOV

Special Features
Subtitled Fan Editor Commentary Track - stating Cuts / addition of music / silenced lines etc. & also why I made those choices, and how I think it makes it better.
(Not included in actual File – it's additional Downloadable Material.)

720p and 1080p.

Cuts and Additions:

Theme song and opening Credits have been altered.
Entire Movie has been Re-colored

Removed Marcus on death row in correction facility seq.
Silenced Soldier yelling commands to John to often.

Removed Marcus's screams after climbing out of base
Music Altered when Marcus puts on resistance soldier uniform.
Removed General Ashdown putting gun to Connor's head. - like Theatrical Vers.
General Ashdown doesn't say “Profosied leader of the resistance”
General Losenko No longer mentions who is #1 & #2 on the Kill List.
John Connor never ask's who is #1 on the Kill list.

Medium Low Angle shot of John walking down the hall way has been cut.
Altered Music track of John and Kate hugging.
Removed Marcus walking in the desert.
Added Music to John listening to cassette of Sarah.
Sarah's dialog altered to the Original Track from Terminator.
Removed John's line "And Skynet is hunting him" (in reference to Kyle.)
Removed half of the scene between John & Kate talking about testing the signal.

Slight music variance when Kyle Reese introduces himself to Marcus.
Removed Kyle’s hand gesture to Star & her dropping shotgun, and running.
Removed Star looking down at destroyed T-600
Removed the captured terminator worm sequence.

Removed Kyle's hesitance to grab the shotgun from Marcus.
Removed Kyle's Line "Dad tried to fix it.........."
Removed John's line "I hope he's listening to this."

Removed Marcus being shocked by car battery and Star putting a bandaid on his arm.
Removed most of the conversation around the Engine between Kyle and Marcus.
Removed the Music from the Car stereo.

Removed Kyle's line "Must of heard the Music."
Removed the Terminator Scout Identifying Kyle.
Removed Star finding Lugnut Wrench T-bar and handing to Marcus.
Removed half the scene at gas station with everyone talking.
Removed Johns line about HK's searching deep into the territory
Removed Star handing flare to Marcus.
Added Music to Beginning of gas station action seq.
Removed Star handing Kyle grenade launcher.

Removed Marcus's line "Well I've been dead a while and I'm getting use to it."
Removed Kyle's conversation with passengers in the transport Vessel seq.

Moved the HK signal scene before Marcus and Blair find the Gas Station.
Silenced John's line “We gotta make sure signal works on the bigger machines.”
Color Corrected the view through John Connor's Binoculars to have a Night Vision feel.
Marcus and Blair at the gas station seq. has been cut in half. No boob's, No looking at each other, no attempted rape, no getting cosey around a fire.
Removed Kyle whispering to one of the prisoners about escape.
Removed Marcus's visions of being in Prison.
Removed Blair's line "He saved my life."
Removed Scene of prisoners being processed & Kyle being grabbed by large robotic arm.
Intercut John & Kate's scene talking about not knowing his enemies, and Blair freeing Marcus.

Added new music during Marcus and Blairs escape seq.
Added Music Que to John's line "I'll be back."
Added a 2nd Track of Guns'N'Roses to Bike sequence, very similar to T2's, to make reference.

Removed Marcus digging up digital newspaper clips on Skynet Computer.
Slight Music Variance to John's entrance into Skynet building.
Altered and Removed Certain lines and shots from Marcus's conversation with Skynet computer.

Music Variance to John's discovery of the T-800.
Added Music Que to John finding Kyle.
Altered Music of Kyle taking out a Terminator.
Added Music Track in Terminator production area.
Removed shot of John losing detonator.
Removed shot of Star picking up detonator.
Altered Music John vs T-800
Removed shot of Star handing John Connor detonator switch.
Added Music for Destruction of Skynet Facility.
Added Music to John Connor dieing seq.
Removed Marcus's speech about being human.
New ending Theme.

Cover art by Agent9

t4_agent9_3Dview.jpg

Download cover

Availability: Uploaded to MEGA. DLCs submitted to Info. PM me if you can't find it.

Where does one get this edit. I see people have reviewed it but it doesn't show up on the general list of fanedits. . .

Thanks

binyaqzan said:
I see people have reviewed it but it doesn't show up on the general list of fanedits. . .

Covered by the last part of the OP.

Agent9 said:
Availability: Uploaded to MEGA. DLCs submitted to Info. PM me if you can't find it.

Instead of clogging up this thread, send a PM to the editor, or wait for it to appear on info.

Rebue posted on IFDB:

I really, really, really wanted to enjoy myself with this edit, to experience the magic of T1 & T2 all over again, or the magic of watching Uncanny Antman's sublime version of T3.

And Agent9 did a great job of hosing away tons of crap—needless scenes, useless dialogue. The addition of classic terminator tunes also improved the tone of the film, though the volume was a bit high in some places.

Unhappily, the theatrical version has so many issues that it would be difficult to hose them all away. It's like the movie has a core crap holding chamber, ginormous and sealed and possibly impervious to fanediting. A monstrous terminator appears silently out of nowhere to snatch resistance fighters in the desert, apparently in the mere service of a surprise moment and a cartoony action sequence (which made me yearn for the brilliance and natural flow of action in the first three terminator films); John Connor throws caution to the wind and mentions the names of his mother and father to a machine he suspects is a terminator, for the sake of dumb exposition (but without Connor's indiscretion, the whole rescue-Kyle-Reese plot cannot be set in motion); terminator worms are swimming not far from Connor's base, even though such machines should have alerted their heavier-duty brethren long before the movie started; resistance air bases are out in the open where any aerial survey could find them. And why aren't terminators continually syncing their data with the network, i.e., why isn't any contact with a terminator shortly followed by a wave of killing machines coming down on a human's ass? Is it wise to detonate nuclear devices while hovering in a helicopter over prime mushroom cloud territory? And how much of this silliness could be removed without disrupting storytelling coherence?

I applaud Agent9 for doing a tremendous job salvaging what he could from a serious mess of a movie. Terminator Salvation gave me a headache; The T4 Cut was very watchable. I'd rank the theatrical release a 2/10 on the enjoyjoy scale and Agent9's version considerably higher, which has me very much looking forward to his future fanediting projects, especially if they're based on better substrate.

Enjoyjoy: 7.5 pelvic aerothrusts, rounded up.

Pardon me, it seems all of the DLC links for either download are now offline, could you direct m to another source to download this fanedit? It sounds intriguing!

Thank you!

Some suggestions:

Read the rules.

Don't make public posts asking for fanedits.

Read the thread.

Politely PM the author.

Right off the bat, my favorite parts of this fan edit are the color correction and the cutting of several scenes, including Kyle off the kill list. I appreciated the angle you wanted to take with Marcus, but there's only so much you can edit without the leaving the film mostly intact.

I also appreciated the injection of classic Terminator tunes here and there, but I have to point out that most of them were placed very awkwardly into the scenes. They're cool, but either they didn't fit the scene well, didn't go far enough or they started playing too early; for instance, the "It's Over, Goodbye" snippet that played at the end really should've kicked in when Marcus was laid on the operating table. One part in particular that I think could've used a sample of the desert scene track from T2 is the second time John listens to a recording from his mother; I'm not sure if that's what you used there. Last thing I'll say on that is that tracks like the future flashback used in the beginning, when John and co. are in the sewer, could've either been swapped out with a remix of that tune or another tune entirely.

All in all, good work, but it's pretty rough around the edges.

Back
Top Bottom