• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator 4 - Salvation

Bailey

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Terminator Salvation - The B-Movie Cut

I made this edit a couple years ago, at the same time that I made my Terminator 3 edit. I didn't release it because it was a somewhat minor edit that I just made for myself. But recently, on the forums here, on Reddit and in my direct messages, I have seen a few people looking for good edits of Salvation. So I decided I might as well release mine.

This edit is minor because, this might be controversial but... I actually like Terminator Salvation. I don't love it, it certainly has it's issues, but I like it enough.
The things I don't like about it are...
  1. The opening scene in the prison. It ruins the reveal later.
  2. Skynet knowing about Kyle Reese. Why wouldn't they just kill him instead of using him to get to Connor?
This edit fixes both of these issues by removing the opening flashback, references to the flashback at Skynet later in the movie, and removing every instance of Skynet knowing Kyle Reese.
I used the Director's cut as the base, which is 1:57:40, my edit is 1:53:04.

Detailed changes...
  • 1:55 Opening scene in the prison removed
  • 14:57 Mention of Reese removed
  • 30:37 Drone identifying Reese removed
  • 56:29 When the landmine blows up Marcus, there are flashbacks to the opening prison scene, these are removed
  • 1:01:23 Identifying Reese removed
  • 1:23:55 - 1:24:05 Multiple references to the prison scene, Marcus donating his body, Helena Bonham Carter's character, talk of Kyle Reece, all removed.

I wish there was a way to remove all instances where a terminator has a target by the neck and instead of choking the life out of them right there, decides to PG-13 throw them across the room. I also agree about the prison scene. How insane would it have been to see that reveal of him being a human-terminator hybrid?

That being said, this the closest non-Cameron film to get it right. Looking forward to seeing this.

How insane would it have been to see that reveal of him being a human-terminator hybrid?
Would have been very cool. I wish I could mind erase having seen this before and watch my edit as my first viewing.

That being said, this the closest non-Cameron film to get it right. Looking forward to seeing this.
I thought T3 was leagues better, but that's just my opinion. This one just felt really dry to me, and not just because it's mostly set in a desert.

I thought T3 was leagues better, but that's just my opinion. This one just felt really dry to me, and not just because it's mostly set in a desert.
And you're entitled. T3 wasn't awful to me, but I thought the cast change was muted. It almost felt like a parody on T2 for me, and if not for that, it was essentially the same concept for the third time.

The end of T3 would have worked best as a prologue that could have led us into a better version of Salvation.

It probably helped that I took like six months off between T2 and T3.

My biggest issue with Salvation is Connor being stabbed through the heart precisely, and doesn't die immediately. Totally ruins the movie. Is there anything at all that could be done about this? I'm thinking reversing the shot so the other side of his chest is punctured, though this won't make it much easier to believe.

Back
Top Bottom