• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

TDK: Rise and Fall of Harvey Two-Face

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Now that's alot of changes. I like most your ideas, most of which are things I'd want to do if I tried editing the movie. Now that doesn't mean it's doable and that you manage it smoothly (honestly I know little of your fanediting skills) but if you do, this could be great. I am definitely going to check this out when it's done.

Just two cents, though, I checked your attempts at fixing Batman's voice, and while I see why you'd want to I didn't feel any of them worked any better. My suggestion is to keep it as it is, the movie hardly stands or falls with it.

Hopefully this one looks finished. Anyway here is final update list:

1) Colour correction - Whole movie is a little desaturated and brighten up. Almost in every scene is little colour over and underburn.
2) Colour correction - Logos are brown in reference to Batman Begins titles
3) Highway chase - beginning was two seconds out of sync
4) Gordon's death - one (i think) last reference deleted
5) Replaced new titles for editor and new movie name.

Here is the link to gallery for colour comparison.
http://yfrog.com/41image15yagjx

any reactions will be great.

disapproved for technical quality.
At about 1h the audio gets suddenly weak and is off sync for about a minute. Effects stay a bit weak after that. I will not watch on.
small issues I had:
unnatural fade at 33:19
unnatural fade at 52:53 (audio fades on the drum)

this needs to be repaired and will be put back to ITW until a new version is available.

Ok, fixed stuff mentioned by boon's except that weird audio fade. Anyway after 2 days I found this section on OST so tomorrow or more probably on saturday I'll be working on this.
Also made a little change with card shot at the end of finding first Joker's victim

honestly: I can't wait for the fixed version, because so far I really enjoyed this edit a lot more than I thought I would.

ok, it's rendering now...hopefully final version. I'll send links to interested ones first. RS and Torrent uploads will come after aproving.

After that I'll be working on subs and DVD/HD menus.

Ok, audio should be fixed now. After few experiments this should be working now.
Send PM for proper AC3

I restored back Ferry boat scenes the subplot looked then really weird.

Anyway this is FINISHED!!! (hip hip voodoo=)

Sent DL links to boon23

I'll share this today later on bit torrent

The Dark Knight: Rise and Fall of Harvey Two-Face by Harman

review by boon23

Prologue:
After struggling with myself for a bit I have decided to review it, because obviously this fanedit is not getting the attention it deserves. Even though Harman "abused" me for previewing and helping, when I actually was too busy with my own current project, he showed great fanediting spirit by taking a lot of time to create step by step a flawless version of his fanedit. He took care of every issue I came up with and showed great frustration tolerance, because there always was something else and new to be fixed, which is a bit my fault because I always stopped watching on, when something truly bugged me, making this quality check and previewing session an incredibly long run.
I consider THE DARK KNIGHT a flawed movie. It wasn't bad, but for me it was way not the masterpiece everybody was talking about. The plot was confusing and the pacing seemed just wrong. I did not like Batman in this movie and though Harvey Two Face deserved a lot more scenes. While Jorge's Dark Knight remix is a genius take, it most of all is for me an artistic take and not what I want a Batman movie to be: an exciting Superhero action movie. And I think TDK deserved at least another take. Here it is.

As for all my reviews: this is just my personal opinion of this fanedit. I cannot tell anybody else, if he or she will experience it in the same way or the opposite. So my review is not objective and does not reflect the opinion of fanedit.org.

!!!!This review contains heavy spoilers!!!

The edit:
Reading through the cutlist I was not too impressed with Harman's ideas, but watching it made the big difference, because it plays quite differently to the original, especially entertainment wise. Reducing the Joker scenes in the beginning does not like harman says it, just make him more mysterious, but it also switches the focus to batman and Harvey and that is what I think exactly what the movie needed to feel more consistent and be more exciting. Of course I could still have done without the Batman copycats and the weak appearance of scarecrow, but besides that I watched a great take with changes all int he right places to make this an extremely cool movie. Great pacing and a less chaotic plot through mild filtering. The more natural colors look great and do unlike my thinking add to the movie.
From start to finish I thoroughly enjoyed this fanedit.
There are a few weak spots: I already mentioned the Scarecrow appearance and Batman copycats. The deletion of Gordon's death makes it strange to suddenly see him in disguise as a SWAT. The Batman blackmailer also seems to come out of nowhere.
But all these are minor flaws, which did not spoil my overall fun watching this fanedit.
editing: 9 of 10 (a few minor complaints to the plot)
entertainment: 8 of 10 (original 7 of 10)

Image and video quality:

Image and video quality were perfect. I am looking forward to the DVD release.
Video quality: 10 of 10

Audio editing and audio quality:
The audio editing is perfect true 5.1. I did not notice hard cuts.
audio editing: 10 of 10
sound quality: 10 of 10
resulting in a 10 of 10 for overall audio

presentation:
There is a DVD and a bluray coming, so I will not rate presentation yet. The fanedit comes with nice starting logos and very tiny alterations to the end credits which did not impress me.

Final result: 9 of 10
I recommend watching this fanedit.
approved.png

The Dark Knight: Rise and Fall of Harvey Two-Face by Harman

review by boon23

Prologue:
After struggling with myself for a bit I have decided to review it, because obviously this fanedit is not getting the attention it deserves. Even though Harman "abused" me for previewing and helping, when I actually was too busy with my own current project, he showed great fanediting spirit by taking a lot of time to create step by step a flawless version of his fanedit. He took care of every issue I came up with and showed great frustration tolerance, because there always was something else and new to be fixed, which is a bit my fault because I always stopped watching on, when something truly bugged me, making this quality check and previewing session an incredibly long run.
I consider THE DARK KNIGHT a flawed movie. It wasn't bad, but for me it was way not the masterpiece everybody was talking about. The plot was confusing and the pacing seemed just wrong. I did not like Batman in this movie and though Harvey Two Face deserved a lot more scenes. While Jorge's Dark Knight remix is a genius take, it most of all is for me an artistic take and not what I want a Batman movie to be: an exciting Superhero action movie. And I think TDK deserved at least another take. Here it is.

As for all my reviews: this is just my personal opinion of this fanedit. I cannot tell anybody else, if he or she will experience it in the same way or the opposite. So my review is not objective and does not reflect the opinion of fanedit.org.

!!!!This review contains heavy spoilers!!!

The edit:
Reading through the cutlist I was not too impressed with Harman's ideas, but watching it made the big difference, because it plays quite differently to the original, especially entertainment wise. Reducing the Joker scenes in the beginning does not like harman says it, just make him more mysterious, but it also switches the focus to batman and Harvey and that is what I think exactly what the movie needed to feel more consistent and be more exciting. Of course I could still have done without the Batman copycats and the weak appearance of scarecrow, but besides that I watched a great take with changes all int he right places to make this an extremely cool movie. Great pacing and a less chaotic plot through mild filtering. The more natural colors look great and do unlike my thinking add to the movie.
From start to finish I thoroughly enjoyed this fanedit.
There are a few weak spots: I already mentioned the Scarecrow appearance and Batman copycats. The deletion of Gordon's death makes it strange to suddenly see him in disguise as a SWAT. The Batman blackmailer also seems to come out of nowhere.
But all these are minor flaws, which did not spoil my overall fun watching this fanedit.
editing: 9 of 10 (a few minor complaints to the plot)
entertainment: 8 of 10 (original 7 of 10)

Image and video quality:

Image and video quality were perfect. I am looking forward to the DVD release.
Video quality: 10 of 10

Audio editing and audio quality:
The audio editing is perfect true 5.1. I did not notice hard cuts.
audio editing: 10 of 10
sound quality: 10 of 10
resulting in a 10 of 10 for overall audio

presentation:
There is a DVD and a bluray coming, so I will not rate presentation yet. The fanedit comes with nice starting logos and very tiny alterations to the end credits which did not impress me.

Final result: 9 of 10
I recommend watching this fanedit.

Wow! A Blu-Ray is coming of this? I can't imagine how many links that is going to take. :lol: What alterations to the end credits were there?

the title! :)
harman also added his faneditor name.

end titles was just minor change because of there was no name of movie title.
Frantic Canadian said:
Wow! A Blu-Ray is coming of this? I can't imagine how many links that is going to take. :lol: What alterations to the end credits were there?
Yes, I used Blu-ray as source so when I get HDD freespace(apx. 300GB), I'll start rendering AVC video for BD-9(720p) and BD-25(1080p probably with LPCM). Hopefully this will come in month or two max....but earlier than classic DVD release to promote HD usage.

Boon: Thanks for review. It was pleasure to read someone like it=) The blackmailer plot hole came out from Joker cutting out for my intention. The scene with Scarecrow is just necessary imho for showing audience what change since BB (just imho). Thanks for the artwork. Looks really good. About presentation...I don't have any other projects so I will let this without bonus but with subtitles for more audience. Thanks for all
Hopefully I'll make some revision later but who knows=)

I'll certainly check it out on DVD when it's available. I never grab fan edits as avi files.

Me too.

I'm still anticipating dvds of the dark cut and kerr's lotr iv

Wow, Boon seems to really like this one!

I'm one of those people who thought the film was practically perfect but I'll try to watch this one as soon as possible.

I agreed with several of the suggested cuts from the list the first time I read them, while I was a bit hesitant when it came to others. But if Boon initially disagreed with all of them and still liked it... Well that sounds very promising! I will check this out immediately, though I too look forward to a DVD release.

I too will probably check this out someday... I agree that there was too much Joker, so this should be interesting. :)

well...dvd will be later because I wanted to add subtitles so this would be work probably for a weeksm so please check and rate and review xvid version

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom