• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

HammBrew

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A movie length (2 hour and 52ish minute) cut of Something Witty Entertainments Sword Art Online Abridged. This is a project that has been on my mind for years and I started cutting it together earlier this year. The project includes taking the first 11 episodes of the brilliant youtube series and condensing it into a movie length experience.

A comprehensive Change list is posted below.

Most of the work has been done. I am just combing through it to make sure the video is all correct and what few things that can be removed are removed.

If anyone has suggestions or just wanna talk about it, please message reply to the forum.

Here is my current poster for the edit.
Ascending_Aincrad_Poster.png

Last edited:
Here is a trailer for the edit.

Oh yeah and also removing any live-action cuts from the first few episodes. stuff like the beta testers youtube and the doritos and mountain dew break from episode 2. Those have been removed.

Last edited:
I was informed to make a comprehensive change list. So here it is.

Change list
- Moved Official Release Support (ORS) to beginning of movie
- Title card change to include Movie Edit name
- Removed Beta testers youtube clip
- Slightly lengthened clip of Kirito running from BallsDeep69 (BD69) and added music to transition to next scene
- Removed EP1 Closing Animatic (CA)
- Removed EP2 ORS
- Removed Recap Voiceover from EP2 beginning with Kirito talking to Narrator mode
- Removed EP2 Opening (OP)
- Added Time and Location title to Boss Room meeting
- Removed Cheetos and Mountain Dew break
- Removed Jeffrey and Jesus scene
- Modified EP2 ending. Removed Kirito extended laughter and cut Asuna's line short with a door slam for better transition.
- Removed EP2 CA
- Removed EP3 Christmas Episode Opening with Jack Dapper
- Removed EP3 OP
- Added Time and Location title to Tavern scene
- Removed Jack Dapper narration of Kirito making friends
- Removed Jack Dapper narrating Kirito and Sachi's conversation
- Removed Jack Dapper and Keita's suicide
- Slight Dialogue change with BD69
- Removed Jack Dapper talking about Saint Nick
- Removed Jack Dapper closing speech
- Removed EP3 CA
- Removed EP3 Custom animatic of Don Fluffles
- Removed EP4 ORS
- Removed EP4 OP
- Removed extended Silica crying
- Removed EP4 CA
- Removed EP5 ORS
- Removed EP5 OP
- Removed EP5 To Be Continued
- Removed EP6 ORS
- Removed EP6 OP
- Removed EP6 CA
- Removed Kirito is always right foundation
- Removed EP7 ORS
- Removed EP7 OP
- Removed end of Lisbeth's final conversation with Kirito to remove joking end
- Removed EP8 ORS
- Removed EP8 OP
- Removed EP9 ORS
- Removed EP9 OP
- Removed EP9 CA
- Removed EP10 Teaser
- Removed EP10 ORS
- Removed EP10 OP
- Removed EP10 CA
- Removed EP11 ORS
- Removed extended pantless man
- Removed EP11 OP

While going over the edit I also noticed a few spots I could slightly touch up to shorten the film a tiny bit. They are as follows.

Possible fixes
- EP4 Kirito devil smile at titan's hand encounter.
- Kirito's second remarks about "Restaurant" before talking to Yolko
- EP7 could shorten kirito entering shop
- EP7 Could remove grizeldas ghost flashback from EP6
- EP7 Could remove "Hand me another one?"
- EP7 could remove Trombone sfx
- EP7 Could remove Lisbeth love monologue?
- EP7 Could possibly shorten Lisbeth blacksmithing scene
- EP8 could remove lunch break
- EP9 could remove player stats
- EP9 could remove extended crowd riot
- EP9 Could remove Kirito complaining about food. Only if removed lunch break.
- EP10 could remove Bandit King and Fluffles scene
- EP10 could remove Yui remarking that they must have questions and Kirito's Jewish Impression
- EP10 could remove last Jewish Impression
- EP11 could possibly remove pantless man
- EP11 could remove whole king of ashes bit at beginning
- EP11 could remove teleport crystal joke
- EP11 could remove asuna facing away joke

And there is one major mistake i also have to fix. It seems when inserting my footage into after effects it automatically scaled up the size of one of my video so the entirety of what Episode 6 takes up is not correctly framed. At the very least, this mistake must be fixed.

Once I do some touchups i will reupload and update this thread.

I also have 2 versions of the poster. The one for the Fanedit forums is posted above and one for diehard fans (Such as myself) is attached to this post here.
Aincrad_Arc_poster_SAOA_Fans.png

Last edited:
Can I ask a technical question? This is a movie version of the abridged version, right, which is described as:

Sword Art Online Abridged is a parody of the anime series Sword Art Online. The plot follows very closely to the original series, but characters are often quite different from their canon counterparts, and some even have different names.

So watching your movie cut would be a doubley-different experience (parodied and then shortened) than watching the original show? How would you say your movie would be viewed by someone who has not seen the original series? Can I watch the original show and the movie and get two very different experiences?

I would say it's more slightly different than completely different from the Abridged series. It is most definitely way different than the original series. The abridged show itself is a bit more meta and shows real people and real footage. I have removed that and a few other small things to turn it into an anime only movie with tighter edits here and there. With a normal anime show you sort of get drawn back to reality at the end of every episode. What I've tried to do here is turn it into one viewing experience.

Trailer looks pretty great! I'm excited to see this one. I'll have to pick up a copy of the show first since it's always been on my radar but I haven't watched it yet. It all only uses Season 1 material?

Trailer looks pretty great! I'm excited to see this one. I'll have to pick up a copy of the show first since it's always been on my radar but I haven't watched it yet. It all only uses Season 1 material?
Yes. Once Something Witty Entertainment releases their finale of part 2 I'll have a movie edit of that as well. That also only uses Season 1.

This edit is currently being reviewed for approval. All interested parties who own the appropriate source material, are welcome to contact the editor via pm to request access to the workprint (at the editor's discretion) and offer preview feedback! Please post your feedback on this project thread so that the editor, all previewers and the official reviewer may assess it into their consideration. Thank you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom