• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sweet Charity: Super 8 Cut Remastered

ParanoidAndroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This film from 1969 has three official versions available on the Indicator Blu-ray release, the theatrical cut (with or without the roadshow introduction), the slightly-shorter one with the alternate (happy) ending and a heavily cut down (to 17 minutes) one originally released on Super 8 film for home viewing.

It features just three songs ("Big Spender", "I'm a Brass Band" and "Where Am I Going?") out of the original thirteen and the plot is minimal, but it makes for an interesting glimpse back into the days before video cassettes.

Though available in full HD it looks and sounds dreadful (cropped down from 'Scope to 4:3 so missing nearly half the image area) with poor print quality and audio to match: this little project takes inspiration from the reconstruction of the Super 8 cuts of The Golden Voyage of Sinbad by @The Scribbling Man https://ifdb.fanedit.org/scribble-8-the-golden-voyage-of-sinbad/, replacing the video with the restored footage from the longer versions.

There are a few fades that look different, I think the Super 8 version must have not been edited from the final cut, but these are minimal. There are also 3 audio options, the original mono Super 8 track along with stereo and 5.1 tracks from the main film recut.

It's pretty much ready, but despite it's brevity I still want it looked over by a second pair of eyes!

Back
Top Bottom