• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Suddenly Not Able To Split AC3 To 6 Mono Wav Files

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've used Hypercube in the past with no problem. Now suddenly it is not working. When I select my AC3 input file I get the following message:

"Unable to render file.
Perhaps, some filters missing..."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still the same message. I've also noticed this in the status window, under the input section:

"Expected: 6 ch 16 bits PCM (L,C,R,LS,RS,LFE)"

Version is most current (3.05). I tried looking for filters but don't see any or any way to add them.

I also tried Besweet. I was able to get a single wav file output but can't figure out how to do 6 mono wav files instead.

:x

* Is the file you want transcoded 5.1? (i assume it is) hypercube will Eff up if the file is not 5.1
* Can you try another .ac3 file you have transcoded previously and see if it will work for that?
* I still know nothing of besweet yet :-(

For BeSweet there should be an option to split it into 6 individual wav files. That's what I used when I made my Zack & Miri extended edition to seperate the channels so I could remove the song from the opening scene.

Rogue-theX said:
* Can you try another .ac3 file you have transcoded previously and see if it will work for that?
Yep, I tried the TPM ac3 file that I was able to transcode before and no luck :(

Frantic Canadian said:
For BeSweet there should be an option to split it into 6 individual wav files. That's what I used when I made my Zack & Miri extended edition to seperate the channels so I could remove the song from the opening scene.
I assumed this was the case, but I can't find the option. Do you remember where it is?

TV's Frink said:
I assumed this was the case, but I can't find the option. Do you remember where it is?

It should be in the Output drop-down menu but I'm not seeing it there anymore. I've got a newer version than the one I worked with for my Zack & Miri edit so it's possible that they removed that function. Tranzor actually supplied me with his BeSweet folder, the version I had at the time had something screwy, so you could try contacting him to see if he still has the same one.

Crap.

Tranzor hasn't been online since November. I found something in BeSweet called "batch" which has an option for "multiple wav files." I tried it this morning and still ended up with a single wav.

GDISM....

I checked my BeSweet this morning, and I didn't see the option (though I have used this countless times). I think it may be the most recent version of the GUI (which I recently installed on my new machine). You may need to download one of the older versions of the GUI. I need to check on this myself.

http://besweet.notrace.dk/

If you select "stable" from the menu it will give you the option of GUI v0.6, which includes a "six wave" option for output.

:)

Thanks Frink. I vaguely recall dealing with this on my old machine. I'll have to put the old GUI on my new system. I have no idea why they dropped that feature for the current version.

http://imageshack.us
besweet.jpg
besweet.jpg

I think you misunderstood what I was asking Frink. I meant a screenshot of BeSweet where we can see the "stable" option, not of the BeSweet page. I can see that page but I'm not seeing where the option is on BeSweet to set the "stable" mode.

Ah, I misunderstood, but so did you. On the stable page is where you can find the older GUI. There is no "stable mode" in BeSweet. All you need to do is select output = Six Waves.

My bad. I didn't see the "stable" link on that page. I thought you thought I couldn't see the page you had linked to and that's why you had posted screenshots of it. It's been a long day. :lol: Thanks for clearing that up though. I replaced my BeSweet Gui with this older version. I now have the option for 6 waves.

Bump.

TV's Frink said:
http://besweet.notrace.dk/

If you select "stable" from the menu it will give you the option of GUI v0.6, which includes a "six wave" option for output.

:)

So as far as I can tell, the older version of besweet (the one with the six wave output option) doesn't work with Win7. And of course the current version still doesn't include a six wave option as far as I can tell.

So what the hell are you all using to separate ac3 to six mono wav files in Win7?

TV's Frink said:
So what the hell are you all using to separate ac3 to six mono wav files in Win7?

Eac3to

Code:
eac3to input.ac3 output.wavs

Thanks guys, I'll try Eac3to. And that XP mode link looks handy for other things as well. :)

Incidentally, I'll never understand why they removed the six mono wav option from BeSweet. :(

eac3to doesn't seem to be working. When I run the application, I see a text (dos?) window open and some stuff flashes by, then the window disappears.

And I can't download the Win XP mode either.

You are not eligible to download Windows XP Mode. You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode.

EDIT: I probably can download it by selecting one of the allowable program types, but will it work on Home Premium 64 bit?

Back
Top Bottom