• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

stomachworm (the return of a titan)

Which of these fanedits should I release first?

• 40 Year Old Virgin Extended Edition (+45 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half Baked (Stoney Workprint Edition (+10 minutes)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle Extended Edition (+5 minutes & alternate ending)

• High Fidelity (Unabridged Edition) (+13 minutes)

• Napolean Dynamite (Flippin' Sweet Extended Edition) (+21 minutes)

• Paycheck Extended Edition (+7 minutes)

• Star Trek (2009) Extended (+9 minutes)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • The Last Man On Earth (an "I Am Legend fanedit) (approx. 20 minutes cut/25 minutes added)

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • (RE-RELEASE) The Simpsons Movie (Less Is More) (-20 minutes/+1 minute)

• Trailer Park Boys Countdown To Liquor Day (Something's F*cky Edition) (+36 minutes)

• True Romance "Unrated Director's Cut" (Extended) (+11 minutes)

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
Was there really enough footage to make it a half hour longer than mine? Mine is already 20 minutes longer than the theatrical cut, making it just over 2 hours, and some of the deleted scenes I couldn't use because they were just alternate versions of other scenes. I did trim one scene of about 75 seconds to make a deleted scene work, and I didn't use any of the romantic sub-plot, but I can't imagine there being that much deleted footage left over to add an extra approximate 30 minutes to my edit's run time. And iirc one of the deleted scenes was just Seth Rogen improvising line after line, basically a "line-o-rama" if you will. I'll have to check out the deleted scenes again I guess. Please tell me you didn't use the entire Justin Long/Brandon Routh scene where they're just sitting and talking to the camera. That scene went on for way too long.

I guess you'll have to find out how he did it when he releases it.

Frantic Canadian said:
Was there really enough footage to make it a half hour longer than mine? Mine is already 20 minutes longer than the theatrical cut, making it just over 2 hours...
Original Runtime: 101m - Frantic Canadian 121m - stomachworm 148m
So no it isn't a half hour longer than yours, it's only 27m longer if we're picking gnits. (Hence why I called it the "Uncircumsized workprint" ya Mohel. :p)

Frantic Canadian said:
Please tell me you didn't use the entire Justin Long/Brandon Routh scene where they're just sitting and talking to the camera. That scene went on for way too long.
Hell's NO! However I did rework their section at the end to incorporate more of them talking about Z&M.

Practically EVERY SCENE has more footage added to it. I also used a couple of alternate jokes. (Ditched the "LOST" joke since it's outdated now.)

Alright. After a few technichal dificulties I think we are back on track. Okay "The Last Man On Earth" is officially up. Star Trek is up and waiting for the dlc to go through. Simpsons rerelease is in the pipe. Looks like True Romance Extended Unrated Director's Cut goes next. Happy viewing. :)

stomachworm said:
Alright. After a few technichal dificulties I think we are back on track. Okay "The Last Man On Earth" is officially up. Star Trek is up and waiting for the dlc to go through. Simpsons rerelease is in the pipe. Looks like True Romance Extended Unrated Director's Cut goes next. Happy viewing. :)

Hey SW, not sure if it is a jdownloader issue, but whenever I input your dlc file it shows me this-- it has every rar file for your last man edit all being the same name is that correct?

2rg2rcy.jpg

tranzor said:
Hey SW, not sure if it is a jdownloader issue, but whenever I input your dlc file it shows me this-- it has every rar file for your last man edit all being the same name is that correct?

Did you click start on the downloads? I've seen that happen and sometimes they correct themselves once you start downloading. The reason is happens it because the DLC was made using the link for the folder, instead of copying every individual link into Jdownloader.

I tried to download Last Man, jDownloader got kinda upset the files had the same name. It tried to download, went a bit mad and errored out on all the files. WTF?

Use www.dcrypt.it to get the link for the Mediafire folder. Then you can either manually download or copy the links into JDownloader.

Just a heads up.

I accidentally downloaded The Last Man edit (cos SW gave me the wrong bloody links) and the video quality is horrible, interlaced to fuck and it's 16:9 converted to 4:3 with the WS bars still in place so you get double bars and a tiny picture.

As it is this edit is not anywhere near good enough quality wise to be put up on the main site I'm sorry to say.

Same issue with Star Trek - interlacing and very poor video quality.

Thanks guys, we're looking into it.

Neglify said:
Did you click start on the downloads? I've seen that happen and sometimes they correct themselves once you start downloading. The reason is happens it because the DLC was made using the link for the folder, instead of copying every individual link into Jdownloader.

No what occurs are that one or two files will show correct, the rest keep the same name. Jdwnloader and mediafire have issues now so nothing starts, it just does an endless loop after the countdown. The last time this occurred with another editor and edit, I had asked the editor for the actual links. They shared them with me and when I input them (via copy/paste) into jdownloader that actually worked fine. So it could be really an issue with mediafire and possibly the way jdownloader handles a dlc file with mediafire links

However I see that the edit has possible tech issues so I might wait a bit

Back
Top Bottom