• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Rise of the Rebellion (Survival Edition)

hbenthow said:
This video not only features an excellent Leia deepfake (albeit with a slight right eye glitch at 1:54), but also the first Tarkin deepfake that I consider a clear improvement over the original CGI:

That Deepfake looks great! Reaching out to the creator to see if I can use it in the edit.

hbenthow said:
This video not only features an excellent Leia deepfake (albeit with a slight right eye glitch at 1:54), but also the first Tarkin deepfake that I consider a clear improvement over the original CGI:

WOW! Thanks for sharing.

DigModiFicaTion said:
That Deepfake looks great! Reaching out to the creator to see if I can use it in the edit.

I think that the Derpfakes Leia deepfake that I showed you a while back looks better than the Leia deepfake in this video (due to the eye glitch that this one has), but the Tarkin deepfake is uncannily good, especially in the 4K version (my monitor is only 1080p, but even on it, the 4K version is a significant improvement over the 1080p one).

Seeing this Tarkin deepfake next to the original CGI really highlights how far off the CGI version is, especially when it comes to the eyes.

I'm using the derpfakes Leia and will plan to use the new Tarkin.

So I started working on implementing the Tarkin scenes from Shamook and unfortunately they are incomplete. I've reached out to Shamook but never heard back. I'll be using Jarkin's footage to fill inthe gaps. There's a faneditor over at OT that has put together all the scenes as well.

I finally scrapped the 3D elements U-Wing leaving scarif scene as the base file had a stutter to it. I've instead used a shot of the planet from earlier in the film along with a hi-res picture of a u-wing to show it leaving orbit. I'll post videos in the coming days.

If I can get the Tarkin scenes all nestled in correctly this one should be done this month.....*fingers crossed*

Thanks to Burbin over at OT all of the best Tarkin deepfakes are now in this version. Once I get this version rendered out and uploaded I'll make a similar cut for those who like the non survivor cut version.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Thanks to Burbin over at OT all of the best Tarkin deepfakes are now in this version. Once I get this version rendered out and uploaded I'll make a similar cut for those who like the non survivor cut version.

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Just finishing up running through the edits to make sure they're all smooth. Everything is looking good. I'll be rendering tonight hopefully and will have it all uploaded and ready for everyone in the next few days.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Just finishing up running through the edits to make sure they're all smooth. Everything is looking good. I'll be rendering tonight hopefully and will have it all uploaded and ready for everyone in the next few days.

Super excited for the updated version of your original rise of the rebellion cut!

Think I'm going to go with this poster for the edit.

rotr-surviral-cut-1.png

Rendered out the file and gave it a quick run through. There are a few spots that I want to smooth out and I'm still second guessing myself on a pivotal U-Wing shot I created. Might ask for some feedback during the week to see if it's passable.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Rendered out the file and gave it a quick run through. There are a few spots that I want to smooth out and I'm still second guessing myself on a pivotal U-Wing shot I created. Might ask for some feedback during the week to see if it's passable.

Tremendously looking forward to it!

Came in a bit late for this week so I figured I’d update the crawl as many had indicated that they felt the ending was a little ambiguous with the "bringing order to the galaxy...." line it originally had.
RISE OF THE REBELLION
The EMPIRE’s reign of fear has spread across the galaxy. Imperial forces occupy all regions of space. Hope and freedom are beginning to fade.
The REBEL ALLIANCE has formed from the last remnants of the Republic to resist the Empire. Little do they know that the Empire has secretly begun the development of a new super weapon.

Obsessed with power, Director Krennic seeks the defected scientist, Galen Erso, to finish this dreaded weapon that threatens to envelop the galaxy in fear....

DigModiFicaTion said:
I need a few previewers for the finale of the film. Just need another set of eyes/ears to make sure it's all in order. Planning to submit today.
Here is a streaming copy of the finale. Would love feedback.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ef1ZpY7Hp_XnEoEjlwWcLw31cHRCqY_R/view?usp=sharing
This looks really good. Just 2 points from me:
- It would be cool when the U-Wing is flying away from Scariff (2:19) to use repurposed footage of Scariff with the explosion in the background like at 2:45. 
The Added RotJ opening shot of the shuttle leaving the star destroyer (2:33) looks out of place as the footage looks so old compared to what we see 2:54. Is that added footage really necessary since we see the boarding party in the newer footage anyway?

Good points there @"stevepaynter". I was probably feeling over zealous in trying to make that shot fit. I've tried to add the explosion in the background of scarif in a few different iterations of that shot, but I always end up not satisfied. I'd also like to think that the only reason they could get away is because they went to the opposite side of the planet to get away from the Imperial fleet. I'll see if I can track it on that shot though.

Would anyone be interested in a commentary track for this edit, and if so, what would you like it to focus on? Me blabbing about whatever, focusing on technique of specific edits, watching it with another editor and having a group commentary (would need some volunteers to do this), or something different?

Hey Dig, congratulations on the completion of this project!

I'm humbled beyond words to have been included in your special thanks, with my being only on the "fan" end of "fanediting". You're too kind.  :angel:

Definitely interested in listening a commentary track if you're up for it. I'd say the best route would be to just go with the flow - surely you have lots to talk about. 

And are you still going to host on Zippy? I can do without Mega's quota so it'd be a blast if it also works for you.

Cheers!

You bet, im always interested in the technical aspects of fan editing and film making in general

Back
Top Bottom