• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS REVISITED by Adywan

anyone notice C-3PO's right shin in the first opening shots???

My DL will be done in est. 15 minutes, so I'll take a look then.

HOLY SHIT FIVE MINUTES LEFT

I can't bloody wait!

The beginning was just mindblowing, yes I did notice Threepio's leg in the first scene, funny that! I'm 13 minutes into the film at the moment.

looks really strange :) a gold robot with half a silver leg.

anyway im being good and waiting til tonight when i can sit down and watch it on my big TV 8)

Is the XVID version that's out PAL? Any word on an NTSC release?

NTSC. It runs at 24 frames per second.

I found the silver leg again at around 39 minutes in.

hehe will have to look out for it when i watch it later!

That... was... JUST... incredible.

At 4PM today my download finished. This is something I've truly been itching to watch for a long, long, time. Words can ill describe how I wanted to see this.

I opened up my media player and dragged in the file.

The film opened.

The first thing I saw after the logo sequence (which uses the new Fox fanfare) was, well, IT. The logo, then the crawl. I allowed myself to sit back and watch it like a whole new film, and my jaw dropped.

Every laser in this film has been rotoscoped to look much more real. And real they do look. The first shot panning down from the starfield to the battle looked so much better than the Special Edition. It went inside and it actually had a longer corridor battle scene.

For a film that has cut and pruned so much, it's amazing that it actually runs 7 minutes longer than its original time. But the subtlety lies in the fact that there's not much radical editing - except there's some amazing colour correction and a total remix of the soundtrack. The final battle scene of the film is the highlight.

Here nearly the whole sequence has been remastered with new special effects, lasers, colour correction, sound remixes, the works. It runs exactly the same as the original version, but it looks so much better.

And now for the downside. There are some minor spelling mistakes in the end credits. But that's all I have to fault this utterly perfect version of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

5 out of 5 for quality, presentation, story, and in anything else you could care to name. This isn't flattery, this is the truth. I was blown away by this presentation.

Watch it, fool!

This edit has recently caught my attention as everybody seems to be really excited about it. I like the Star Wars movies but I'm not a massive massive fan, so can someone tell me what Adywan did that was so special.

A brief history of what people thought were wrong with the SE's & what Adywan did to improve the film would be great, cause there really seems to be a buzz surrounding this movie & there's so much info it's on it it's really hard to get a handle on Adywan's achievement.

Awesome work. I actually got excited watching it, like I hadn't seen the film a hundred times before. It was awesome. The only thing that irked me was Ponda's hand in the cantina, but I think that's only because I always assumed it was the other guy that got chopped. This new shot is unquestionably "correct" according to canon, so I can't argue with that. It does raise the question of how he could ever have operated that blaster, but that's for another thread. Yay Adywan!!!

Ron Moses

FatherMerrin said:
I like the Star Wars movies but I'm not a massive massive fan, so can someone tell me what Adywan did that was so special.
Just go read the first post of the thread about this edit on OT.com

FatherMerrin said:
This edit has recently caught my attention as everybody seems to be really excited about it. I like the Star Wars movies but I'm not a massive massive fan, so can someone tell me what Adywan did that was so special.

A brief history of what people thought were wrong with the SE's & what Adywan did to improve the film would be great, cause there really seems to be a buzz surrounding this movie & there's so much info it's on it it's really hard to get a handle on Adywan's achievement.

check the link in this threads OP - be warned though its a bit of a monster at 150+ pages.

EDIT: oops didnt scroll down the page far enough :) beat me to it RB :)

nOmArch said:
check the link in this threads OP - be warned though its a bit of a monster at 150+ pages.

That's exactly what I did & all that info did my head in. :???:

So basically there were loads of things & changes in the SE's that people didn't like & he corrected them. But as they're SFX corrections not your standard cut & pastse job people are really excited, it's something like that isn't it?

i think so :) far as i can tell its the original theatrical version of ANH ie Han shoots first etc. but created from the special edition DVD's anf then heavily colour corrected, new SFX, some shots restored etc.

i know i came across a list of all the major changes but im not enitrely sure where i was at the time. (probably the OT.com thread) sorry i cant be any more help.

Back
Top Bottom