• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (NON-SPOILER)

TV's Frink said:
A Terry Gilliam Star Wars? That's bat-shit crazy right there.

I'd watch it.

Concur.

Sent from my Swatch Phone using Tapatalk.

ThrowgnCpr said:
^This. Willow > SW prequels

Yep. :) To be honest, I went through three stages of opinions for Willow:

1) When I first saw it, I thought: "Wow! This is awesome! It's just George Lucas's other movies! I'm going to watch this over and over again!" And I did.

2) Eventually, I went through a stage where I thought, "This is kind of a generic version of other George Lucas movies. The Star Wars trilogy is much better."

3) Then, after all the prequels were complete, I realized: "Willow is a better Star Wars movie than half of the actual Star Wars movies."

Mind you, Willow could use a nip and tuck here and there. I should do a fan edit one of these days.

I know Spielberg already said "no", but...
- Robopocalypse is on indefinite hold...
- Borys Kit (of Hollywood Reporter) just tweeted that Christopher Nolan will be directing INTERSTELLAR... (still just a rumor though, I think)

This would leave Steven with no immediate future movie to direct (first time in a long time I believe....) :whistle:

Looks as if that the odd, very little known Star Wars live action series may come due to the Disney deal.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/10/star-wars-live-action-tv-series-3/

What I'm worrying about is Star Wars becoming a quantity over quality franchise, with no one respecting the what will be considered in the future, "the original six film saga". Not that the PT was anything to respect. The idea of a new SW film every 3 years scares me, I feel like certain spin-off films, other episodes, or dare I say remakes, being just all caught up and lost. Sometimes too much of a good thing is a bad thing,

I totally hear your concern, emanswfan, but nothing has even been finalized yet. The reporters are too trigger-happy. ABC just said they'd look at the scripts and consider the idea. Nothing is set in stone.

If ABC goes forward with a weekly series, I think that it shouldn't be set in the time period between III and IV, as Lucas has always said. That is the most boring possible time to set a series.

I would set the series to run concurrently in the timeline with the new movies, as it's expected that SHIELD will do with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As with SHIELD, the focus should be on new characters, although characters from the movies could make a guest appearance in the series, and the TV characters could have a cameo in the movies.

Mind you, I would like all of this to happen after Ep. VII comes out. We've waited so long for new, good live-action Star Wars. Let's not ruin the revelation of what the post-Ep. VI universe looks like; save our first look at that for the big screen. Then in 2016 or so, start the series.

Of course, that's what I would do. Who knows what they will do? Still, hopefully it'll be better than the PT or the Clone Wars cartoons.

Vultures update was interesting. Almost aggressive. http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/zack-snyder-preps-non-trilogy-star-wars-film.html

If this is in any way true I pray it is based on the comic book.

Roy Thomas from Marvel Comics wrote a 3-issue story arc (issue numbers 7,8 & 9 from the Original Marvel series) Star Wars story based on the Seven Samurai/The Magnificent Seven plot. In the comic, Han and Chewie recruit 5 other aliens from different backgrounds to help defend a city from a band of marauders called the Cloud Riders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magnificent_Seven#Sequels.2C_remakes_and_adaptations

How sweet would a Young Han & Chewie defending the city movie be?

7 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_7:_New_Planets,_New_Perils!
8 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_8:_Eight_for_Aduba-3
9 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_9:_Showdown_on_a_Wasteland_World!

[Star Wars 7: New Planets, New Perils!] The first original Star Wars comic story, and one of the first stories in the Expanded Universe

I hope the Snyder rumors are true, 'cause that'll mean Man of Steel must be at least pretty good.

Snyder would be a good fit for a star wars spinoff. Disney likely wants a very visual director who will follow the script and rules they put in front of them. As long as he isn't writing it... I hope the undebunking is true, and I would like it of it revolved around Han, Chewie, a green grinch rabbit, and space pirates defending a planet.

There's no undebunking, as far as I know. Just the original rumor, and the debunking by Synder's agent.

I wouldn't mind a spinoff movie down the road, but doing it in the middle of the trilogy sounds like a bad idea to me.

TomH1138 said:
I wouldn't mind a spinoff movie down the road, but doing it in the middle of the trilogy sounds like a bad idea to me.
THAT.
One movie for 2015 is already almost too much work to make quality, IMO. (Although Disney have even more fire power than Lucasfilm alone.)

YES! That would be amazing. I hope he does it. And if he decides he'd just rather stay retired, I hope that the work is done by a protege of Struzan's, working in his style. The visual consistency of the movie posters is one of the most satisfying things across all six current films.

I have to say, though--all are of those posters pictured in the article even his? They hardly look like his style at all.

TMBTM said:
Drew Struzan has been approached by Disney for the new Star Wars films :)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60431

I love this quote: "I had a feeling Disney was taking this seriously and wasn’t just going to fart out some bullshit and slap “Star Wars” on it."

What was the 1st clue? The fact that they spent $4 billion to buy the franchise? Of course they don't want to fart out some bullshit!

I have great confidence and hope for Disney to be able to guide this franchise to success. I can't think of a better company to own it. This is the same company that has done great things with Pixar and Marvel.

JJ Abrams To Direct Episode VII

The worlds are colliding.

two-worlds-collide.jpg

That's pretty spectacular news.

While Abrams would not be my choice, the man is a good director, and he has stated that he has an immense love for Star Wars. Also, he's being brought on as a director only, so hopefully the producer's will reign in some of his directorial traits (i.e., lens flares).

Wonderful news. I am completely onboard with this. Star Trek 09 felt more like a Star Wars film than anything since the OT. Now let's blow this thing and go home. Ahem.

Back
Top Bottom