• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode III Reconstructed?

EmilBorg

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello. So while browsing through Star Wars related torrents on you-know-where, I find this.***LINK REMOVED*** My curiosity was teased, so I downloaded it and I am currently watching it while writing this. I wonder, has anyone on this site heard of this fanedit before? For TV's Frink, I give you the change list, written by the faneditor Atlantis:

Changes
===========
Version 1.2

19 seconds removed
- better transition into anakin's nightmare. removed padme laughing.
- midichlorians has been removed. Palpatine now says "he could use the force to create life"
- Obi-wan killing grevious has been re-edited
- Right after Anaking kills younglings, Padme's shot is longer
- corrected the echo in “Something is happening” dialog
- Windu/Palpatine fight scene has been re-edited. It's more exciting now, Palpatine moves
quicker and gets the Jedi "off-guard".
- removed Palpatine's line "it's treason then"
- removed another Palpatine head shot making faces right after his flip jump
- “The War is Over” dialog was too low with the new music. it's corrected now.
- “You are going to kill him aren’t you?” dialog has a better music transition now.
- Obi-Wan hiding inside the ship re-edited.
- “I have brought peace” is re-edited
- better music transition for “You are breaking my heart” dialog
- better music transition between obi-wan/Anakin fight sequence
- better music transition for “You were my brother” dialog

===========
Version 1.0

- removed Anakin saying "This is where the fun begins"
- removed Anakin/Obi-Wan talk about helping some Clone troopers
- removed Anakin's grin after getting the 2 missiles
- R2 fights the Buzz droid on his own. removed Anakin/Obi-Wan's comments and Anakin's grin
- removed 2 shots of Anakin/Obi-wan fighting Battle droids on the bridge
- Grevious's introduction is cut short
- removed one shot of Destroyers fight
- R2's oil action scene has been cut together to make it exciting. One awkward shot removed.
- Removed the Anakin/Obi-Wan "joking", "no loose wire jokes"
- Anakin/Obi-Wan first meeting with Palpatine/Dooku has been rearranged. Obi-Wan's bow removed.
Dooku's jump is a little shorter. Obi-Wan talk removed.
- Palpatine acting like a 6 year old removed. GET!
- removed Palpatine saying "Kill Him Now". He looks at the other side which is totally wrong.
Like Dooku is a mile away on another ship!
- removed Anakin saying "I shouldn't" and also "I shouldn't have done that!"
- put together 2 scenes of Palp/An/Obi in front of the elevator.
- removed the "We Found the Jedi" scene
- cut short Ray shields conversation
- removed R2 falling down
- removed Battle droid saying Excuse me to the enemy!
- removed some of Grevious dialog talking to Anakin/Obi. "I was expecting..."
- removed Anakin/Obi dialog about rescuing and tenth time!
- wanted to remove Windu greeting Palpy but found out that the worst part is the Yes Palpy
says! So removed that with one Windu dialog at the end.
- reworked the entire Annie/Padme dialog when they meet. Tried to remove all of Anakin's grins
and awkward dialog. Brace yourself "Annie" is not removed!
- removed the awful awful so "Love has blinded you?" and stuff. The scene is not totally cut.
- removed Anakin "Is that bad?" dialog
- removed Anakin acting like a little kid "This is outrageous. Unfair"
- The infamous opera scene. Removed 2 dialogs. one is Anakin saying the MONSTER dialog!
- The second dialog removed is at the near end where Palpatine explains that Darth Plagueis
was killed by his apprentice and couldn't save himself. The reason is that it just doesn't
make sense for Palpy saying that. He is in full seduction mode to get Anakin and he shouldn't
reveal to him that that power is not that useful and you can get killed even having it!
- removed the back shot of Wookies attacking. They just look bad and barely able to walk!
- removed a long shot of Clone troopers talking to Obi-Wan. The CG clone troopers with real
actor heads pasted on them look bad. Why they couldn't just use real costumes?
- removed "I want MORE"! Less is more!
- removed the creepy (or badly acted depending on your point of view)
"No I promise you" Anakin says.
- removed Grevious escaping on his 6 legs. It looked too childish.
- Obi-Wan and Grevious fight are put together closer and you see him killing Grevious
sooner in the movie. Pushed back the more dramatic sequences after that.
- edited short the part where Obi shoots Grevious.
- The sequence where Anaking finds out that Palpy is a Sith is pushed back and glued to
the more dramatic scenes. It comes right before Anakin informs Windu.
- removed Palpatine's grin.
- In the Anakin "alone in the Jedi Counsil" added 2 surprise shots to the music scene.
- removed seeing anakin getting on his ship.
- removed some of Windu dialog when going to arrest Palpy.
- removed the face Windu makes when fighting Palpy, looked really bad. Samuel L Jackson
plays so bad in this movie, I have no idea why.
- Cut short Anakin in his ship arriving
- removed one face Palpy makes during the lightsaber fight
- removed some of Palpy's No No No
- removed Windu crying the second time like his hand was cut twice!
- also removed one long shot of electrocution but all the Palpy's over the top are still
intact. They are delicious!
- removed "What have I done!" DOH! DOH! Is that the director talking?!
- Order 66 sequence. Palpatine says it only once. All the other orders are removed.
It looks so bad Palpy saying it before each scene like the audience is so dumb that
we might confuse it with order 69!
- Annie killing other Annies is shorter now.
- Padme crying is shorter and more subtle!
- You don't see up-close the lifeless face young jedi fighting the clone troopers. He should
have at least a little emotion in his face in that terrible situation!
- All the sequences where Anakin goes to Mustafar and kills the separatists leaders are
put together.
- All the Palpatine speech inside the senate are put together
- All the Yoda/Obi going to the Jedi Library are put together.
- removed the how liberty dies dialog. She says this grave matter in such a cool manner like
she just lost her subscription to Netflix.
- remove the Obi dialog right after Padme says "You are going to kill him?", it already is
such a great dialog that Obi-Wan's answer just ruins that dramatic scene.
- Cut short the scene where Obi hides inside a "closet"
- All the Yoda/Palpatine fight scenes are put together.
- All the Anaking/Obi fights are put together
- removed the line after "Anakin you are breaking my heart". The dialog was already great.
- removed the "To my new Empire" Anakin says. Way over the top and he has no empire and he
didn't do all this for his new empire.
- removed some of the bad parts of Anakin/Obi fight. Like the WWE style stuff.
- removed a short part where Obi jumps down.
- removed the "I have the high ground"
- removed "I hate you" burned Anakin says
- removed "I loved you"

Now comes the ending. The whole ending has been rearranged. This was one of the main
reasons why I did the edit. Don't read further if you have not seen this cut. it's better
to experience it yourself.

- The one big reason I did this edit was the scene where we see Vader and Palpatine
watching Death Star. It just didn't make any emotion. When you see it, you don't feel
anything. With a little experimenting I saw that the scene worked wonderfully when it
comes before the funeral! You see the Empire/Vader at full force and right after it,
you see the consequence of all they have done. This way, that death star scene works
great and doesn't feel just like a nostalgic link to connect to the original trilogy.
- Yoda's meditating is used at a surprise moment.
- At the final stage of putting Vader's costume, you don't see Anakin's face burned. I love
redlettermedia.com's review of Episode III and as they say, "emm, Shouldn't they put some
face cream and treat him first?!" And also it keeps a little mystery. You don't have to
show everything.
- You don't see Padme wake up.
- I kept of course the Vader's "Nooooooooooo"..........just kidding!
- On Tatooine, I removed a shot where Uncle Owen in standing like a statue. It just
looks bad. It looks like he has to be in that position and if he moves one foot, he
will ruin the beautiful ending shot.
- And one last thing, I removed all the wipes, because I find them distracting in these
last dramatic moments.

Post edited. Please do not post links to torrent hosts in the forum. Anyone interested can PM you.

Back
Top Bottom