• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - Episode III: Dawn of the Empire by L8wrtr

Ohhh jubilee day. I was gonna revise for my upcoming finals but what the hey, a weekend of L8WRTR Prequel Trilogy is sure to be just as productive. :D

Having read the cut list, thank you for keeping what you did of the yoda fight. The lightsabers have no place, but it is still an important battle.

Just downloaded! Looking forward to watching it ASAP (which, unfortunately, means Sunday).

If you're interested at all L8, BDRebuilder will convert your Bluray to an AVCHD with menus. Only specific players will work with that type of AVCHD, but it's amazing for those who can. :)

You did a great job upscaling and improving the deleted scenes quality. They're almost seamless.

nightstalkerpoet said:
If you're interested at all L8, BDRebuilder will convert your Bluray to an AVCHD with menus. Only specific players will work with that type of AVCHD, but it's amazing for those who can. :)

Hey nsp, I actually did use BDrebuilder to create the AVCHD. So far I have found that the "movie only" option is the only one that works when trying to compress a BD25 onto a DVD9. When trying to create a full disk version, i get an error every time, which I assume is related to content exceeding disk space. Regardless, a DVD9 sized AVCHD with movie only will have better image quality, more akin to it's BD25 counterpart, so I settled for that.

The commentary track is included though!

I really hate to say this, but "BD-ROM Drive (L: ) Untitled Project"

I also cannot open the disc in SplashEX or VLC.

Has anyone else had problems?

L:\BDMV\STREAM\00011.m2ts seems to work though

wabid said:
I really hate to say this, but "BD-ROM Drive (L: ) Untitled Project"

I also cannot open the disc in SplashEX or VLC.

Has anyone else had problems?

L:\BDMV\STREAM\00011.m2ts seems to work though

Same here. I just played it directly from the stream folder.

A select few programs can handle full BD playback, and you have to pay for them (because it's a proprietary format with expensive licenses). The .m2ts file does not suffer from these limitations, as it is simply a video file container format.

Great job on this edit! I must say this is the first Ep III edit I left satisfied with.
The rearranging of events worked miracles for this movie. His fall is now comfortable to watch. Only complaints would be a few cuts here and there aren't exactly seamless. (but they aren't right in your face so its okay) But what's with keeping Vader's identity in there?! Unless you're planning we still watch 4,5,1,2,3,6.

AVCHD links are now available. The resulting file has not yet been confirmed, I am in the process of downloading them myself and will burn a test copy. I will be able to post if it is confirmed that the file downloads, extracts and burns correctly later tonight.

Thanks emanswfan, I'm glad you enjoyed.

As I do not hide my approach to how I handle Vader I won't tuck this response in a spoiler tag. The purpose of this edit, and the overall L8wrtr Prequel is not intended to 'hide' the surprise. My view of the PT is that it is dual-purpose. While it is part of the overall Saga, showing the chain of events from the beginning to the end, is very much the story of Anakin Skywalker and how he becomes Darth Vader. I grew up in the 70s and 80s and the burning question after Jedi ended was.. "How did Anakin become Vader?" That is what made Episodes 1-3 interesting to me personally. I already know who Vader is. That will never, ever change. I was alive in 1981, I saw Empire fresh and was properly shocked at the revelation. There is no purpose in my creating a PT which preserves a 'surprise' which does not exist anymore.

If someone wants to watch them in an order which preserves the 'surprise' which they already know then they can implement the Machete order. If someone wants to introduce their children (or a SW virgin friend) to Star Wars and wants Vader to be a surprise, then I highly suggest watching them in the order of release. My personal opinion is that this is the order that they should be initially watched, then after that, a chronological order makes the films all the more satisfying as an entire single story.

Ultimately, Rule #1 of fanediting, edit for yourself ;)

I I'm glad you still enjoyed it ;)

May the Force be with you ;)

Congrats on getting your trilogy done L8.

L8wrtr said:
My view of the PT is that it is dual-purpose. While it is part of the overall Saga, showing the chain of events from the beginning to the end, is very much the story of Anakin Skywalker and how he becomes Darth Vader. I grew up in the 70s and 80s and the burning question after Jedi ended was.. "How did Anakin become Vader?" That is what made Episodes 1-3 interesting to me personally. I already know who Vader is. That will never, ever change. I was alive in 1981, I saw Empire fresh and was properly shocked at the revelation. There is no purpose in my creating a PT which preserves a 'surprise' which does not exist anymore.

If someone wants to watch them in an order which preserves the 'surprise' which they already know then they can implement the Machete order. If someone wants to introduce their children (or a SW virgin friend) to Star Wars and wants Vader to be a surprise, then I highly suggest watching them in the order of release. My personal opinion is that this is the order that they should be initially watched, then after that, a chronological order makes the films all the more satisfying as an entire single story.
Agreed on all points. I found unfortunate that so many editors want to "maintain the surprise." I'm sorry, but I've seen ESB. This tends to be a deal breaker for me, which means that I have seen very few ROTS edits.

DominicCobb said:
Agreed on all points. I found unfortunate that so many editors want to "maintain the surprise." I'm sorry, but I've seen ESB. This tends to be a deal breaker for me, which means that I have seen very few ROTS edits.

Please direct me to an edit that preserves the surprises, because I haven't found one yet.

L8, I'm super-excited for you. Can't wait to watch this movie.

Infamous TC said:
Please direct me to an edit that preserves the surprises, because I haven't found one yet.

I'm working on one. :) But it's a long ways off.

In the meantime, I can't wait to see L8's take!

Infamous TC said:

L8, I'm super-excited for you. Can't wait to watch this movie.
Oh, well, um... I don't know actually. I kinda lied when I said that was the reason I haven't watched many ROTS edits. I kinda just said that to emphasize my point. And also kinda thought it might be true, probably because there are a lot of ROTS edits in the works that I stopped following because of the whole surprise thing.

DominicCobb said:
Oh, well, um... I don't know actually. I kinda lied when I said that was the reason I haven't watched many ROTS edits. I kinda just said that to emphasize my point.
:lol:

Infamous TC said:

Q2's prequels are doing this. They come out this summer.

QuickCut said:
Q2's prequels are doing this. They come out this summer.
Uh...yeah! That! I knew that!

This edit was masterful. It is soo much better than the original. However I did notice two things.
1. Features: Looking to the Future (07:34) - Conflicted is spelled with two L's - CONFLLICTED
sound at 13:10 - this scene is originally at 21:04 and there are a about 5 droids running through a corridor, all yelling "Get out of here! Run!" and Ooohh! Ahh! and whatnot. All of that droid chatter definitely needed cut. However when your edit is watched, I expected to hear metal feet clanking down the hallway. Without that effect sound, the scene is mute, with just the music being heard. I am sure in the three prequels, there has to be a spot somewhere that has droids with clacking feet on a metal walkway that would fit that 3 seconds

Beyond that this edit is truly awesome. When it was over, I really wanted to continue watching Ep4. How you handled Anakin's transformation was perfect in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom