• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars - Episode II: The Republic Divided by L8wrtr

The error that was apparant in the dvd9 and dvd5 release has now been sorted out, and the correct 5.1 surround audio has been added as well :) Both the SD versions will be uploaded shortly. Sorry for the delay peoples!

I had my "Life Day" marathon yesterday and the 5.1 BD performed wonderfully, as did everything.

Over the next month I will be working to make all 3 edits available in all formats across 3 access systems; MF, RS and Usenet.

Hi L8WRTR, tried PMing you but it stated your PM quota is full. Guess you're popular!

L8wrtr said:
space created!

gods20world.jpg

michaelsft said:
Thank you for replying :) I tried to PM you but even though you're on my PM list as a new user it won't let me so I used the feedback form and put FAO L8 as the subject.

Thanks again for your time!

Still can't get in touch. :(

michaelsft said:
Still can't get in touch. :(

Sent you a PM to see if you can respond directly to it. Let me know if it doesn't get there.

Rapidshare DLC's for BD, AVCHD, DVD9 and DVD5 with proper 5.1 audio and no chapter glitch (affected DVD9 only) are now available again at info. Please be sure to only go for the V2 dlc files. The old DLC's are still online so please double-check. I've asked that they be removed, but please keep your eye open until the old ones are removed.

it looks like version 2 of your AVCHD has been upped for usenet. I'm going to grab this now thanks :)

EDIT: on second glance, no I do not see it. sorry

Finally (!) watched this in the final release form (I know I watched at least one workprint, maybe two?), and a review is coming soon. But first, a question about the AVCHD. There was no menu that I could find...despite notes to the contrary. Might it have something to do with how I burned the edit? I simply used imgburn and selected the BDMV folder to burn.

TV's Frink said:
a question about the AVCHD. There was no menu that I could find...despite notes to the contrary.

Nope. No menu for the AVCHD. The DVD and BD have the motion menus and special features :)

I really enjoyed this edit, and it was an extra treat to see it in HD. Technically the edit is spot-on, with fairly invisible audio and video work. I say "fairly invisible" because there were a few (barely) noticeable audio transitions, which I'm sure I only noticed due to my (some would say insane) familiarity with the original material. While there were some spots where I would have handled things a bit differently, I can safely say that this is as close as anyone will come to editing the movie the way I want to see it (until I decide to try it myself, of course).

I put off watching this too long, but now I can finally put it on my display shelf.

9/10

Thank you for the review Frink! And I know what you mean about hearing things most wouldn't notice, and that is something of a challenge when I edited these, when to stop?

And that is high praise overall coming from someone who has seen as much AOTC 'goodness' as you have. I got into a debate with some friends the other night about AOTC actually having a worse story than TPM (shocking right?).

Anyhow, glad you finally got to see the final product and I really appreciate your review.

Also, [MENTION=7619]ShortRound24[/MENTION] thank you for your review as well! It sounds like you watched the V1 DVD as the frame of the crawl was fixed when I made the HD re-edit, but I'm glad that overall you still enjoyed!

L8wrtr said:
Also, ShortRound24 thank you for your review as well! It sounds like you watched the V1 DVD as the frame of the crawl was fixed when I made the HD re-edit, but I'm glad that overall you still enjoyed!

I watched the iso. on my computer using VLC player which seems to make the picture brighter, when watching it on my TV I didn't notice the flash frame at all. I wouldn't be surprised if other editors use you're edit as a basis, even Adywan! :)

ShortRound24: you can make the video darker in VLC by going into Tools > Preferences > Video Settings and switching Output to OpenGL Video Output

Back
Top Bottom