• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace

man, it's almost as old as the movie. ;-)

Watching L8wrtr's Shadow of the Sith, and wishing that ''your little erection is at an end, your highness'' had made it into this edit. Maybe for v2!

So after watching four of the Star Wars movies (III through VI) prior to The Force Awakens, and then watching I and II yesterday just out of boredom, my teenage stepson asked to see TRM again. With the "regular" Ep. I so fresh in his mind, I think he laughed even harder this time around.

He was shocked to find out that I actually know you, Frink. He assumed you were some professional that was hard to get a hold of. He says that you're a genius, and he got really excited when he heard that you had already completed II and were getting close to completing III. (I could have shown him AotR sooner, but he had never expressed interest until now, and he had been something of an apologist for II until recently.)

He was already a fan of your work, but I think he's even more of a fan now. So there's a little pick-me-up for you for Christmas today, Frink! :)

Oh man, that's awesome! Honestly I've been struggling a bit with III lately, but this really made my day. Thanks :)

Hooray! Glad I encouraged you. :)

Also, I was watching the serious Anti-Cheese edit of TPM on YouTube earlier this week, and I couldn't stop giggling after I heard "Now there are two of them" and "I'm looking for parts for a J-Type 327 Nubian." You've made these moments much better for me than they ever were in the original. :D

Alternate title for these edits: Full Cheese Editions.

I love the "going-the-distance"-sequence, priceless!:lol:

my kids laughed their way to the end of this edit.

i asked them if they had any questions for the faneditor, and they did:
"did he like this movie?" (referring to the theatrical release, not frink's own edit)

ssj said:
i asked them if they had any questions for the faneditor, and they did:
"did he like this movie?" (referring to the theatrical release, not frink's own edit)

I love that you asked them!

I have a long and tortured history with TPM. I saw it several times in the theater (3?) and it was the first DVD I ever bought. I wish I could say I was a child then, but I don't think you can be considered a child at 26. ;) Even to this day I hold it in higher regard than the other two prequels - it still feels the most like a Star Wars movie, probably because there's comparatively little CGI.

I think in proper fanedited form, it's actually an ok movie. Not very good, of course, but not terrible. Unfortunately it could have been so much better.

Which version do you consider to be the "proper" fanedited form? Or do you mean that fanedits in general are its proper form?

I mean in general - i.e. if it's fanedited well, it's not half-bad.

thanks again, frink! for making the edit and answering their Q. they laughed so much watching your edit that i wondered if my wife had slipped them espresso or something.

next in the queue: attack of the ridiculousness. :)

I look forward to hearing what they think of it. :)

TV's Frink said:
I have a long and tortured history with TPM. I saw it several times in the theater (3?) and it was the first DVD I ever bought. I wish I could say I was a child then, but I don't think you can be considered a child at 26. ;) Even to this day I hold it in higher regard than the other two prequels - it still feels the most like a Star Wars movie, probably because there's comparatively little CGI.

I think in proper fanedited form, it's actually an ok movie. Not very good, of course, but not terrible. Unfortunately it could have been so much better.

This is exactly how I feel about TPM and the prequels. I also love that SSJ and his kids talked about fanedits like that!

I suspect it's similar for other faneditors with kids. . . messing with movies seems like a normal thing in our household. Dad's hobby, juknow? Whereas to the rest of society, it's not well understood at all. So asking an artist (daz you, frink!) about art they just enjoyed means the wall between producer and consumer is that much shorter.

of course, i can't show them my stuff. F bombs and other R-rated schtuff galore in my edits!

Having a Star Wars-themed birsdei party at my house today for my wee one. The kids built foam light sabers, got medieval on each other (girls can be so violent), and are presently digging the R menace, particularly the inception-to-Benny-hill scene.

"this is so funny! Who made this?"
"Funny!"
"It's hysterical!"

Goddamn I love you.

Mooey-mooey.

darth,vader,hug,star,wars-e3c539416739c67e28b66bd3cacd4590_m.jpg

I think Frink made a great choice to make these family friendly edits. It would have been so easy to get cheap laughs from putting f-bombs etc in the subtiles and the dialogue. Frink resisted the pull of the not-good-side!

Back
Top Bottom