• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars EP VII: Heir to the Force (Prolonged Reveal)

DigModiFicaTion said:
Oh, I read your other post wrong. I thought you had said there was no audio in the clip.  :rolleyes: Yep, just a horizontal flip.

Yup, very cool!  Haha  Well done once again

Rendering once again. Made little tweaks throughout, fixed the audio sync that has been bugging me (it was +.03 off). 10 hours for the first render, then another 10 hours for the rgb correction and I think I'll be done with this one. Yes, I know that is a LONG time for rendering, but right now it's the easiest with all that is going on with a new baby arriving on Tuesday :)
Release will most likely be only mp4's with 5.1 and stereo tracks. If I can squeeze some time in, possibly an isolated score. Thanks again for all of the support.

Oh, and the blender crawl template is nearly ready to release.

hey, DMF, an ealry congrats on the arrival-to-be! hope the delivery goes well for both mom & the baby.

Glad I was able to sneak that horizontal problem in. It's those little things that add up.

DMF, first kid? They CAN be so awesome.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Rendering once again. Made little tweaks throughout, fixed the audio sync that has been bugging me (it was +.03 off). 10 hours for the first render, then another 10 hours for the rgb correction and I think I'll be done with this one. Yes, I know that is a LONG time for rendering, but right now it's the easiest with all that is going on with a new baby arriving on Tuesday :)
Release will most likely be only mp4's with 5.1 and stereo tracks. If I can squeeze some time in, possibly an isolated score. Thanks again for all of the support.

Oh, and the blender crawl template is nearly ready to release.

Congratulations, and the greatest, happiest cheers for the new arrival!

revel911 said:
Glad I was able to sneak that horizontal problem in. It's those little things that add up.

DMF, first kid? They CAN be so awesome.

I really appreciate how thorough you've analyzed it so those moments can be caught :)

Thanks for all the positive vibes everyone. Boy number 3 ;)

Baby and mom are healthy and well! :D Thanks again for all of the ongoing support!

Watched through the latest render this morning while on baby duty. I'm 95% satisfied with it. There were two rough audio transitions in the stereo track, so i'll look into the issues and hopefully remuxing a fixed audio track. Thanks to @"Neglify" for the tip about MyMP4Box gui. The MP4 file has both the 5.1 and stereo now. Would anyone like me to do a commentary for the edit?

While I love the active editing of movies, this finalizing stage has become a test of endurance and will power to continue. As always, your support has been and is amazing!

Glad to hear everything is going well, congrats on the healthy kid  ;) If your still up to it, I think I can squeeze in a regrade of this already impressive edit, as icing on the cake.

So glad for your family and for the fan edit, well done!  Congratulations!

I've gone through the audio transitions and they show up and sound fine as a surround track. It appears that the transition from 5.1 to 2.0 is causing some rough cuts for some reason. I'll most likely elect to forgo the stereo option as I can't figure out how to make Sony render the mix correctly, unless one of you wizards knows the answer to this dilemma. I also took the opportunity to fix a couple of nitpicky things that have bothered me. No more spoilers though, we'll leave this edit 1% spoiler free  :p 
Now to render, preview, and hopefully the 15th time is the charm ;)

the 5.1 track sounds fine, but a 2.0 track from Vegas sounds messed up? That's strange.

You could try downmixing your 5.1 track to stereo with eac3to.

I've almost no experience of 5.1 in Vegas but have you got these channels panned correctly?

51_surround_tracks.png

Perhaps the rough sound with the stereo downmix is causes by Vegas mistakenly just mixing the front two channels and binning all the others?

@"TM2YC"  Here's a capture of my project.

screen%20cap%20of%20project_zpsmb6kfl50.png

As far as I can tell, all my major tracks are panned correctly. I do separate tracks for my left and right channels, center, LFE, rear L/R, and then additional center, front and rear L/R channels. I'm thinking that your downmix thought is what is most likely happening. I may follow @"ThrowgnCpr"'s advice and throw the 5.1 into acid or audacity and downmix it manually to see if I can get better results.

DigModiFicaTion said:
...I may follow @"ThrowgnCpr"'s advice and throw the 5.1 into acid or audacity...

That wasn't his advice. He gave advice to use one specific program, likely for a reason.

addiesin said:
DigModiFicaTion said:
...I may follow @"ThrowgnCpr"'s advice and throw the 5.1 into acid or audacity...

That wasn't his advice. He gave advice to use one specific program, likely for a reason.

Yes, attempting this with Acid is probably a waste of time as much of the functionality is shared with Vegas.  Audacity is great for some tasks (I'm actually currently using it as part of a scientific study), but I haven't tested downmixing more than 2 channels with it. 

Befriend eac3to. It's a powerful tool to have in your editing arsenal.

addiesin said:
DigModiFicaTion said:

I was referring to the downmixing advice itself. I read it at 4 in the morning and totally missed the program specifics. I'll try out eac3to also and see which one works best :)

I did a quick search and found that I did infact have eacto on my computer. I now remember why I have not used it in the past as I couldn't get a gui to work for it. Did some more sleuthing and found a working gui. Downmix successful, and it sounds pretty good too.

Thanks @"ThrowgnCpr" and @"addiesin" for straightening me out :)

Currently muxing the edit.

Here's the path I've followed to get to this pre release state:

Source = Lossless AVI
First render = computer rgb MP4 @ 20mbs
Second render = studio rgb MP4 @ 20mbs
Muxing 5.1 and 2.1 ac3 audio tracks to the MP4

Is this high enough quality for a release or should I go:

Lossless AVI > computer RGB Lossless AVI (not sure if that is a thing) > Studio rgb MP4 @ 20 mbs
I'll need to clear up quite a bit of space if this is a more desirable process structure.

I'm a relative noob when it comes to quality encoding.

The reason for the computer rgb render is due to the havoc studio rgb causes to my visual fx shots. Once the initial rendered file is made, the phenomena caused by the studio rgb is gone.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sorry if I can’t help you, but I am more than happy you understood what was wrong!  Great!  May the Force Be With You

Had a couple messages inquiring about the edit. I went the lossles route and am now finishing the final 11 vfx frames. I should have time tonight to fix the vfx frames and create the mkv and 1080p and 720p mp4's, hopefully.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom